• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

shop dropped my 1991 NSX off lift - looking for 1991 parts

So my shop dropped my NSX off the lift. They are taking full responsibility. They couldnt be any more sorry.

Both front Fenders and drivers rear quarter and pretty damaged. Im trying to find 1991 NSX parts to repair it with. Anyone know where I could find these items.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

First, tell them to call the local Acura dealer and buy the parts brand new. Second, call up your insurance company and report it to them just in case this shop decides to flake out. Third, get the car out of there.

According to http://www.acuraautomotiveparts.org/ these items are available.

L Front Fender - 60260-SL0-A90ZZ PANEL, L. FR. FENDER
R Front Fender - 60210-SL0-A90ZZ PANEL, R. FR. FENDER
L Rear Fender - 63560-SL0-A03ZZ PANEL, L. RR. FENDER

Brace yourself for the prices;).....

HTH,
LarryB

I agree with the sentiments above and demand new genuine OEM parts. No way around it but this repair will surely affect the value of your car.

Do yourself a big favor and send it to Vince's Auto Body Works. The owner is an NSX owner and active member here. He goes by "pbassjo" on Prime. His shop in New York is the only place I would trust my car for body work and I live in San Antonio. IMO he's also the only one in the country who will do it right. I have an Imola that got dinged at Mid Ohio a couple years ago. He matched the almost impossible paint perfectly. And replaced the broken parts with new OEM. The shop's insurance should make you whole and cover this. PM me if you are interested in "pbassjo" contact information.

You should call Tim Poliniak at Acura of Peoria. He can give you the list prices on the parts and can send you an estimate for the insurance co. He also gives all of us a 20% discount.
866-347-8355

I would have had a heart attack on the spot!

Follow the advise of the NSX Prime guys. The car needs to be done right.
<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/f119ad6b/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

Are you sure it is just fender damage? Our front fenders are already as thin a a Pringles chip. Have it inspected thoroughly.

you meed to prepare for the shop low balling you on everything...doing the work themselves, sourcing used parts ect....most small tuner shops are not flush with cash...

I so wish for you that the saying "pictures or it didn't happen" applied to this situation ..... But, don't think it does.

Thanks for all the empathy and advice! I have owned the car for 15 years. I bought it completely stock with 20K miles on it (For $31,000 I might add). It is tastefully modified with plenty of performance parts. It was heartbreaking to get the call. It has been my baby for a long time. In perspective it is still a car and can be repaired to my high standard. Its just a matter of finding the right body shop and parts to complete.

Let me say that "falling off the lift" is more of a shop term. It slid off the contact points. When it did it crinkled the front fenders. The car was only about 18" off the ground and slid back and cracked the rear valence and scraped the drivers quarter panel. The damage is superficial body damage but I will be certain to have the car checked out by my Acura dealer here in Denver. The car being aluminum and all original is what worries me most. Im sure to take a value hit but in this NSX market you never know.

Rather than get new parts I would rather keep the car in its "circa". I was hoping to find 1991 NSX fenders and a quarter panel to at least keep the same year on the car.

Yeah that's what sucks, sure they can fix it, but if it's reported to DMV it will now have accident on its record, which does effect its value.... Unfortunately they don't pay for that.

Best thing to do is just use who ever you want to fix it or who ever Acura recommends in your area. I'm sure the shop has insurance and should have to pay for everything including rental car for the time it is out of service...even if you don't need it, tell them you do and you want a premium car rental.

If this ends up being reported as a claim it will certainly show up on the car's record. If that is the case, you should check the rules in your state pertaining to "Diminished Value & Loss of Use Claims". At least down here in Texas you legally have to be made whole again and be compensated for DM and LOU. The gotcha moment is that only lawyers or insurance people know about the DM or LOU claims legally owed to you. The avg person only knows that they have to put your car back to pre-accident condition. Or worse if you car is totaled out they give you money for a car but don't give you the TTL on top of it because most people fail to ask for it but that is legally included in making you whole again. Insurance companies are not obligated to inform you of your rights so they constantly get away without paying those claims because no one knows to file them. You can file in small claims court which is super easy and cheap and get them to settle for a quick and clean resolution and cash in pocket.

I know this because of an accident on my RR. They never mentioned DM or LOU during my claim and when I brought it up they offered $500 and then a few back and forth later they offered $1500. I told them screw off, filed in small claims for the full $10k cap + legal fees and we quickly settled for $5k. So for a few hours of my time and less than $300 bucks in fees, I got a check that day but only because I knew my rights.

If this ends up being reported as a claim it will certainly show up on the car's record. If that is the case, you should check the rules in your state pertaining to "Diminished Value & Loss of Use Claims". At least down here in Texas you legally have to be made whole again and be compensated for DM and LOU. The gotcha moment is that only lawyers or insurance people know about the DM or LOU claims legally owed to you. The avg person only knows that they have to put your car back to pre-accident condition. Or worse if you car is totaled out they give you money for a car but don't give you the TTL on top of it because most people fail to ask for it but that is legally included in making you whole again. Insurance companies are not obligated to inform you of your rights so they constantly get away without paying those claims because no one knows to file them. You can file in small claims court which is super easy and cheap and get them to settle for a quick and clean resolution and cash in pocket.

I know this because of an accident on my RR. They never mentioned DM or LOU during my claim and when I brought it up they offered $500 and then a few back and forth later they offered $1500. I told them screw off, filed in small claims for the full $10k cap + legal fees and we quickly settled for $5k. So for a few hours of my time and less than $300 bucks in fees, I got a check that day but only because I knew my rights.

Very good advice here! Did the same thing in my ISF, and it paid off. People will always scrutinize a car that has been involved in a wreck over one that hasn't. Even if it was fixed to the factory specs will always raise antennas.

texmorales thanks for the heads up. i didnt realize that exists! I will find out monday before I settle anything. New parts and replacing eveything. Pulling off all seals and trim before paint as well. $14,000 was the first quote.

Make sure you take very detailed pictures and keep them in a folder with all the receipts for the repair. It will be very helpful if you sell the car in the future.

Good luck with the repair and don't let the shop try to talk you out of going through insurance.

I don't know the particulars of how this happened but I think this is a good heads up for all of us. After seeing my car head first on a conventional 4 point lift with the back end (and motor/tranny weight) just hanging off I now insist that the car be backed in so that the center of mass weight is positioned towards the center of the lift. With the car head first I had visions of the whole thing sliding off the back of the lift.

Make sure you take very detailed pictures and keep them in a folder with all the receipts for the repair. It will be very helpful if you sell the car in the future.

Good luck with the repair and don't let the shop try to talk you out of going through insurance.

+++1111. That's why I went to Vince's. I have pictures and documents of everything he did from start to finish and even video of the work. And, he was fast on the repair. If it's documented that the repair was done right with new OEM parts by a "reputable shop", you shouldn't see much of a hit to your value. These are sports cars and things happen. It's how the those things are fixed and documented that counts.

Last edited:
Science of speed listed some fenders in parts for sale the other day. HTH

hi Jason -- Yikes, sorry to hear. We have a set of excellent condition Berlina Black front fenders in stock, as well as new-in-box Honda fenders. If you need anything else, we have quite a few parts off a 1993 34,100 NSX that we have parted out. Send us an e-mail to [email protected] if you need anything.

Back