• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Should I get this ?

like, gosh... heck nooo!

I *personally* wouldn't spend five c-notes on a non-HD rear-projection TV.

However, if you are keen for such... get the model # and do a Yahoo!/Google search. You will get directed to many consumer-review forums/boards that have exhaustively discussed the particular model's positives/negatives and overall ownership experience ad'nauseam.

To get an idea of the 'used' big-screen rear-projection tv's, check-out Craigslist... you'll get a thorough insight on what to expect. :cool:

I was selling a Hitachi 60" rear projection w/ 1080p (no idea on model#) for $500 a while back...im sure you can find equal or better than the mitsu

I'm almost positive i've got that same model in my basement somewhere. As far as i can remember the picture quality was pretty good. Nothing really impressive about it compared to LCD or Plasma but if all you want is a good size TV to watch its not too bad.

As far as price im not sure what a used one would go for so i'd just do some research and compare prices

And unfortunately, once you go HD, its painful to go back. I bought one, and ended up replacing every TV I had because it was annoying watching standard def. It feels similar to your vision going bad. :biggrin:

I've had my 55" Mistu. for 5 years now. I still love it. Yes it's big and takes up more room than the new plasmas/LCD's, but picture quality is excellent. If it's perfect cond. I think it's worth it. JMO.

Instead I bit the bullet and bought a new 42" Samsung LCD.....The high def channels look incredible. During the course of my research I found out that the Mitsu weighs over 300 lbs !!! I would have had to hire some guys just to get the damn thing up the stairs....which would have added to the purchase price.

Back