• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Should I paint roof black or Sebring Silver?

Paint roof what color?

• Berlina Black

Votes: 45 75.0%
  • Sebring Silver

Votes: 15 25.0%

• Total voters
I wasn't aware there was a center roof support member.
It doesn't show in this cutaway.
On page 20-2 in the shop manual there is no center support shown there either.

View attachment 121841
On the coupe, there is a large reinforced chunk of frame. That is why the headliner has a large bulge front to back. I'm assuming that was cut during the drug fueled sunroof install on my car when gods knows when.
I was thinking, remove the sunroof and install the Oem acura roof cap which is just a thin slice of sheet metal and buy another headliner as mine was all custom hacked into place built around the jalopie moonroof.

- - - Updated - - -

Tear the entire roof off, find a scrap plane and be the first ever to run the actually canopy,

Should look like this :biggrin:
Sweeeeet! Does it have long range missiles too?

It's YOUR car, do what YOU want.

Think for yourself.

Only insecure people care what others think.

uhm.... okay. :rolleyes:

Big-Lebowski-Meme.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I wasn't aware there was a center roof support member.
It doesn't show in this cutaway.
On page 20-2 in the shop manual there is no center support shown there either.

View attachment 121841

You can see the cross member in this picture I took when I swapped over to a type R headliner.

Last edited:
I've done a few cosmetic mods to my Sebring in last 2 years, but none were as cost-effective as putting on black mirrors.
How I wish I'd had my car back when Carbon6 offered his CF mirrors!

Last edited:
You guys do realize that a lot of new cars out there have the black roof? There is nothing dated about it.

You can see the cross member in this picture I took when I swapped over to a type R headliner.

Thank you for posting the pic.
I've learned something new and why th coupes are that much stiffer.
Also can see the wiring where the odd rattling ceiling noise comes from. :smile:

This may be relevent and I did post it a few years ago. During NSX Fiesta 1998 in Japan, I asked Uehara (for you kids, the Father of the NSX) why were we getting the roof painted car color here in the US starting in 1995. He told me that it was a saving of about $1500+ on the production line at a time when they were forced to increase the selling price. He also said the black roof is part and parcel of the original design target and intentions for the NSX and the that he was very sad it had to be done.

This may be relevent and I did post it a few years ago. During NSX Fiesta 1998 in Japan, I asked Uehara (for you kids, the Father of the NSX) why were we getting the roof painted car color here in the US starting in 1995. He told me that it was a saving of about $1500+ on the production line at a time when they were forced to increase the selling price. He also said the black roof is part and parcel of the original design target and intentions for the NSX and the that he was very sad it had to be done.

Interesting tid bit, keep it original, it looks great with black top.

You guys do realize that a lot of new cars out there have the black roof? There is nothing dated about it.

+1 for black top and there is nothing dated about it, as there are a few new super cars that are sporting this look lately.

I agree, and I love the black top NSX. it doesn't date the car, as brand new 458's and LaFerrari's have the colour option.

and like so many said, it highlights the F-16 fighter jet canopy which inspired the cabin shape of the original NSX...

I agree, and I love the black top NSX. it doesn't date the car, as brand new 458's and LaFerrari's have the colour option.

and like so many said, it highlights the F-16 fighter jet canopy which inspired the cabin shape of the original NSX...
And don't forget these
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
Oh yea, and these guys are doing it to:wink:
image.jpg

Last edited:
oh, I didn't forget!

the P1 and Corvette don't have entirely black roofs and A & B-pillars though, and the Vette is just ugly no matter the colour!

but yeah, having a black roof looks bitchin'...

I hope you guys area aware that I already decided to keep it black back in October lol. But yeah I think the black will match better with my other mods so I'm going with that route.

What kind of car is this in the pic?

oh, I didn't forget!

the P1 and Corvette don't have entirely black roofs and A & B-pillars though, and the Vette is just ugly no matter the colour!

but yeah, having a black roof looks bitchin'...

Back