• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Should I sell the NSX?

If you were me, what would you do? I have spent 120K on my NSX. Bought the car for 75, dropped another 50 on mods. CTSC, BBK, R parts, VRH lift, KW pro's, harness bar, ARC it exhaust, etc. The list is long.

I can get 15K for my mods right now, easy. I can probably get 60 for the car. That nets 75K. If you were me, would you sell it all and get a different newer car? I am encouraged by an unnamed friend with a Z06 to do this and stop putting more money into an older design car. But what else can I get for 75K ish that's better? I was thinking R8 but I'd have to spend another 15K.

I will need to spend yet another 3-5K to install the suspension, BBK, etc. another 2K to do all the non-compliance stuff. The car at that point would be killer... But is this a wise move? I am at a cross roads....

Help me out. New NSX is coming, I still have a cassette deck. What to do....

Keep it. You're so far under water now (50k ish) and you will forever regret selling if you do. Drive and enjoy it, oh and update to a new deck and lose the tape deck :tongue:

I know for me, I've had mine 9 years now and don't even want to calculate time or money invested. It's been long paid for and at this point something I'll keep forever. I've sold other cars in the past that I liked alot and have forever regretted it.

Unless you're financially strapped, keep it. Values are steadily climbing as supplies dwindle, and just like you I can think of no other car I'd rather have right now for the money. The R8 is nice, but maintenance costs scare me, and other exotic cars are even worse in that dept. I think if you keep it long enough, you'll get your money out of it as these become truly rare collectibles.

As for the new NSX, I'm only mildly interested as it lacks a true manual. And I probably wouldn't buy new anyway due to the depreciation factor--which you've already experienced on your car.

Last edited:
Luxury-problems. :) Don't take it personal but if you just break the NSX over a number (in this case $75k) one must be very bored or didn't understand what the car is about. :)

I am encouraged by an unnamed friend with a Z06 to do this and stop putting more money into an older design car. ..

Three Z06s dropped valves and blew their engines on the track last weekend.... don't listen to someone driving an LS7 engine. :biggrin:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/n4fjKpGX6u4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Also an older designed car.... and how cool is this?

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/27-a8gCSVZ0?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Yes.

I mean No.

Well, I really mean Yes.

But actually I think I might mean No.

That pretty much sums up most of your posting history here on Prime.....:wink:

Is it time for a change?

Regardless of what you've spent on your car there are nicer cars out there. More modern GT3's, Exiges, ZR1's, that don't have cassette decks. :wink:

I love the NSX having owned 3 but I'm glad I've experienced 911's.

Life's way too short so change it up!

Yes.

I mean No.

Well, I really mean Yes.

But actually I think I might mean No.

That pretty much sums up most of your posting history here on Prime.....:wink:

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Did Aubrey hack Dave's account?

Last edited:
The fact that you are asking this says you need to move on. NSX's are not going up in value, and your car will depreciate to 30k quickly. If you can get the prices you say, sell. Drive a z06 and see what you think. Personally you couldn't give me one if a had to drive it regularly. My one friend with one wrecked it at mid ohio. I like cars that are hard to wreck and feel planted. From what you've said here(wanting more motor), the R8 is your car.

I will need to spend yet another 3-5K to install the suspension, BBK, etc. another 2K to do all the non-compliance stuff. The car at that point would be killer... But is this a wise move? I am at a cross roads....

No. To be honest, sell the suspension and forget the BBK. You are at the point of diminishing returns with the NSX. That stuff will make you "a little" faster but not any more fun. BTW: The biggest gain in lap times you will have will be a set of Nitto NT01, R888s or Hoosiers. After you learn to increase entry speed you will see an immediate 2-3 second drop in laps.

If you keep asking this question its def time for a change.

I go through cars like water, so im prob the last person to be asking...but imo if your eyes are wandering and you're NOT enjoying your car, then as long as you can afford it then go for it.

I just recently got back into another NSX. I cross-shopped other more expensive/faster cars (R8/GTR/Gallardo/997tt), but for ME another 02+ NSX made sense based on MY situation (limited weekend usage, maint, etc). Drive the others and then YOU decide.

Try out an R8, ZR1, or whatever. If you dont like it, its not like you can't find another NSX or even get into the new one if that suits you. You only live once so might as well experience what you can (and stop totaling up the receipts). :wink:

I was thinking either 997 turbo or GT3 would be the only cars to really consider in that price range. Especially if you want to track them.

If not, I would go 360.

However, if I were you, I would keep the NSX.

Unless you're financially strapped, keep it. Values are steadily climbing as supplies dwindle, and just like you I can think of no other car I'd rather have right now for the money. The R8 is nice, but maintenance costs scare me, and other exotic cars are even worse in that dept. I think if you keep it long enough, you'll get your money out of it as these become truly rare collectibles.

As for the new NSX, I'm only mildly interested as it lacks a true manual. And I probably wouldn't buy new anyway due to the depreciation factor--which you've already experienced on your car.

Dido on this

If you go porsche, GT2!!!

I personally had the same thoughts before buying my first 05, and just like DC935 it all came down to what i use the car for.

if you track it most of the time, think about what your friends drive and if they experience the same problems you do and if you can live with them. then think about what else you may want to not have the same thing.

I dont see myself selling my car for a while, but my last car i had for almost 10 years and knew it was just "time to sell it" b/c i didnt get the same happiness with it i once did.

I agree with Bob......or maybe I don't...........or maybe I do........................Or maybe the idea that there is a billion tons of plastic in the oceans has me paralyzed...or maybe not.....

Back