• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Side ducts. How to remove?

They are $750 in carbon, $600 in FRP, there's a group buy on them now in the GB section. I think down to $600 something for carbon.

You can actually by using your SMALL HANDS AND FINGERS and remove those couple of bolts that is holding the vent to remove the vent . No don't need any special tools for this. Very easy :wink:

Fixed, I tried myself and no, my hands are way to thick, I actually gave up, my gf at the time could fit her hands into, but she couldn't either remove due weak hands ....

Since you did this, now you need, you MUST do this:

turbocar.jpg

Then you are done :)

To remove those nuts you need a box wrench. 22mm, short. Available at sears. Forget doing this by hand. You will probably not get them tight enough once you replace.

Oscar thanks for the photoshop man, but I am way ahead of you. I actually got this scoop with the desire to go to black Advan RSII. It's going to look even better as it will be way more open than OEM, and my calipers will be silverstone painted. I am also chrome plating all the rotor hat bolts, and picking up the brights with lugnuts spaced evenly with the 10 bolts with some open end bright lugnuts.

Right now the black looks like a blob... The semi gloss RS has more sheen. Once the chrome plated bolts and painted calipers are in there, it will look completely different. Those that don't like black wheels... I don't blame them. I am often in the same camp. But the cool thing to me now is to just have the wheel not attract all the attention on the car, get out of the way, and show the goods underneath (if you have the goods). All your eyes will be drawn towards eventually will be the top hat bolts, which... Not many people have, and the massive calipers... Which not many people have. Silver spoked wheels are on every OEM car. This will tastefully take it away from that.

Last edited:
I guess if the ducts actually weighed less they could have used something nylon or equivalent that is less "structural"! Those look pretty beefy. Imagine all the new parts they had to create just because it was aluminum. As a new owner I never really thought too much about this before. Sort of puts a whole new cast (pardon the pun) on things.

Back