• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sightings.

Autophile said:
I believe I am the guy with the black NSX. :smile: The red NSX just sits in the guy's garage, I don't think it is running right now. It's pretty modified. He said he was an infrequent poster on this forum, but I don't remember his forum name. I've seen the white one too. It had really shiny tint on the windows, didn't it?

By the way, I think I have seen you driving around Antelope at least 3 times. The last time was last night (Tues 28th) at the corner of Watt and Walerga. I was in my Tacoma.

Thats too bad that his baby is down. Next time you run into him let him know that I'd like to help. I've done all of my installs and have lots of extra parts. Yeah the white one had shinny tint (didn't like the tint) but the thing I remember most about the car was the exhaust sound (sounded like the exhaust was comming loose). It didn't sound like a comptech.

Was you Tacoma white? I do remember seeing you. Yeah, I've been driving it pretty often because I just put on the Kraft side mirror's from SOS. Last week I ordered a set of Recaro seats and sliders from SOS. I hope they get here soon. :smile: In January Im taking the car in for the timing belt change. A friend of mine works at mel rapton honda on fulton and he's been telling me to take the car to them. But I recall you said you had your's done at neillo. I wonder if it matters?

yellow-scorpion said:
Was you Tacoma white?
No, my truck is green. I think I made eye contact with you, but I didn't gesture.
yellow-scorpion said:
But I recall you said you had your's done at neillo. I wonder if it matters?
I did have mine done at Niello, but someone other than Bruce Pettitt did the work, and I noticed swirl marks on my paint from careless rubbing. I guess the mechanic either had a dirty fender cover or didn't use one at all. I was not happy about it. Also, they tried to overcharge me to do a complete hose swap. On a scale of 1 to 10, I give my experience a 4.

Hrant had the same work done at the same time by Shad at Driving Ambition. I think he was very pleased with the work. I recommend Shad.

Its funny you said that about neillo. We bought my wifes boxter from there and when I told the sales men that I would be bringing in my nsx he said take it some where else. I guess the mechanics are somewhat of sales people them selves.
I visited the web site but I can't click on anything?? By chance do you recall how much it was to replace?

I hardly ever see other nsx's on the road. I understand when its raining but c'mon.

This morning around 9ish, I followed a 97+ red 680 south to Calaveras where he made a left turn on Hillview in Milpitas.

I was in my black NSX.:biggrin:

Otto

Thanks Gary (silver nsx going down elkhorn). I was the yellow and black nsx. Put the biggest smile on my face when I pulled up next to you. I hope everyone behind the wheel of these nsx are as nice as you were. I don't know if you noticed but that beat up RX7 behind me reving his engine was getting annoying. Hope to see ya again. Ray:smile:

Sacramento Dec 5th...

02+ GPW with gunmetal LE37 rims and a nice sounding exhaust.

It was in front of aragatos in the Arden Area when you pulled out. Who's was it???

Last edited:
I believe this is the same one that I see running around Fairfield. I believe the "Marin Acura" temporary registration sticker is still on the windshield even though the rear license plate is on.

ryan1926 said:
I believe this is the same one that I see running around Fairfield. I believe the "Marin Acura" temporary registration sticker is still on the windshield even though the rear license plate is on.

Does it have a tein sticker right under the rear side windows? I haven't seen that one in my area before. Very nice looking NSX.

FrEsHaZzBuRu said:
Does it have a tein sticker right under the rear side windows? I haven't seen that one in my area before. Very nice looking NSX.

That's the one! The last 2 times I have seen it in my area I wasn't in my NSX so it was hard to get his attention. Hopefully I'll bump into him again.

I spotted a 97-01 red NSX with the front tow hook cover missing on westbound 237/Calaveras this morning around 9:15. I would have waived but you were busy on the cell phone. I was in my Berlina NSX.

Otto

1207061345-00aa.jpg 1207061343-00b.jpg

Saw this car today 12/7.

This 99 NSX was recently traded in at a Silicon Valley Porche dealer. The salesman purchased it.

Who's was it prior?

What mirrors are those?
(sorry about the pic quality these were taken with my camera phone) Having trouble uploading photo so I posted as attachment.

It has CTSC, Teins, Bembo BBK and HRE's along with a bar and 5pt belts. Lots of carbon in the interior and Cantrell lid CT exhaust, 02+ rear valence.

Tom Hunt had a silver, post 97 NSX with the CTSC which he traded in at a South bay Porsche dealer (for a 996 turbo), but that was a couple of years ago.

Dinan M3 said:
Tom Hunt had a silver, post 97 NSX with the CTSC which he traded in at a South bay Porsche dealer (for a 996 turbo), but that was a couple of years ago.

I spoke with the new owner, he just picked it up a couple of weeks ago. The car has 64K miles.
I think he mentioned the seller was from San Francisco.

NSFRBLX said:
I spoke with the new owner, he just picked it up a couple of weeks ago. The car has 64K miles.
I think he mentioned the seller was from San Francisco.

i saw that same car awhile back perhaps 4-5 months ago south bound on 87....an early 30s looking white male driving...

those mirrors kinda look like the vielside mirrors

FrEsHaZzBuRu said:
Sacramento Dec 5th...

02+ GPW with gunmetal LE37 rims and a nice sounding exhaust.

It was in front of aragatos in the Arden Area when you pulled out. Who's was it???

He's not on the board. He has my rims and exhaust (gruppe M ver.3):mad: :mad: :mad: he won't give it back!:frown:

He lives around fairfield.

I saw a Green NA1 on Zanker yesterday afternoon couldn't really tell what you had but i think i spotted an nsx-r wing, looking from my rearview, we were going on opposite directions passing each other, i was in the black na1

sycosho said:
He's not on the board. He has my rims and exhaust (gruppe M ver.3):mad: :mad: :mad: he won't give it back!:frown:

He lives around fairfield.

Hey Sung,

I thought that might be the guy. I only have seen him a total of 3 times in the past couple of years. Not sure where he lives....Are you serious about the rims and exhaust??? :eek:

ryan1926,

Sung is correct about the car and mods because I am the one who installed the rims and Sung's ex-Group M exhaust. The owner is keeping very low profile and it's a very nice looking car!

Ken Yeh

sugoi said:
ryan1926,

Sung is correct about the car and mods because I am the one who installed the rims and Sung's ex-Group M exhaust. The owner is keeping very low profile and it's a very nice looking car!

Ken Yeh

I guess I should have been more specific when I said "are you serious about the rims and exhaust." I was asking Sung if the person is refusing to give back the rims and exhaust because based on the emoticons that Sung used, it seems as if the guy is avoiding Sung. :confused:

ryan1926 said:
I guess I should have been more specific when I said "are you serious about the rims and exhaust." I was asking Sung if the person is refusing to give back the rims and exhaust because based on the emoticons that Sung used, it seems as if the guy is avoiding Sung. :confused:

Nah, nothing bad..... I just miss the exhaust. Now he's the only 3.2 with a gruppe M exhasut.

sycosho said:
Nah, nothing bad..... I just miss the exhaust. Now he's the only 3.2 with a gruppe M exhasut.

And wow, that thing did sound real sweet. He revved it up pulling out of the parking lot, as well as taking off pretty much WOT accross the intersection.

Saw a red 95(+) NSX on 101 south near the De La Cruz exit yesterday around 6:45PM. I believe it's someone commuting, since I believe I've seen that car a few other evenings during my commute. I was in my Civic and blew by you like you were standing still! :eek: Gotta love those HOV lane stickers for the hybrids! :biggrin:

saw a red na1 on north 1st street as i was pulling out of my work parking lot, met you at a light and we exchanged friendly gestures...

do you work in that area?

Back