• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Site policy/operation changes (including Marketplace)

In an effort to modernize site operation, I am implementing a few site changes:

• Replies are now allowed to other people's threads in the Marketplace section. This means the 30-day bump rule is gone, but please be reasonable with bumps.
  • To combat a particular modus operandi of scammers, PM and e-mail are no longer available to new users. You will get these features after being an active member for a while, or upon purchasing a paid membership.
  • WTB ads must NOT contain direct contact info. Veteran members can PM or e-mail you through the site. New members can post a public reply with their contact info. This will help prevent a particular type of scam we have seen people trying on the site.

We will try this setup for a month or two, see how it goes, and adjust as needed going forward. I hope you find this makes the Marketplace safter to use. Please continue to exercise caution and perform due diligence before engaging in any deal.

I have also changed the title under new accounts from the standard "Registered User" to
EafeIYR.jpg
to help highlight them.

Absolutely do not wire, send a PayPal "friends/family" payment, or use a service like Western Union or Moneygram or you WILL lose your money.

(don't do those things unless you know the buyer personally regardless of their user title, but DEFINITELY do not be suckered into doing it for accounts with the NEW ACCOUNT tag!)

I appreciate the need to tighten security but if i may trouble you for a little assistance. My original user ID is NSXr2. I had been a member since 2006 or so. I locked myself out of the account and could not get back into it. I emailed the posted contact information on the FAQ for assistance to get back in repeatedly and never got a response. So after months of this I finally created another account under NSXr3.
And now I find myself unable to reach out to peers in the community, reach out for parts and items for sale.
Is there anyone I can reach out to for help with this?

I have merged your NSXr3 account into your old NSXR2 account. Because I was merging into the old account and you forgot the password to that one, I reset the password to be the e-mail address you registered the NSXr3 account with. You can change it as soon as you log in.

I really like how we can now reply to peoples for sale or parts wanted ads. This is what we need here to keep nsxprime alive and well in the freakbook world.

Could we force vendors to post price in their ads instead of all of us having to PM them each time?

Question, how do I access my original account as my email address is no longer used? I had to create a new account but would like to access my old one. The original is formula 170

Last edited:
Now only if we can keep collectors off the site from buying low mileage mint unicorns, and leave them to enthusiasts looking for their dream car. Such a shame.

It's time to take that huge notice at the top of the site down. I'm sure everyone has seen it by now. It takes up way too much space. Also I've been saying this for years, if you really wanna modernize this site and future proof it, SWITCH TO XENFORO.

I know what I'm talking about.

Edit: I logged in for the first time in months and see that the notice is dismissible. Making it not dismissible for visitors isn't wise. It has to be very annoying for them as it was for me, it's a huge turnoff. I'd disable it for visitors all together asap.

Last edited:
It's time to take that huge notice at the top of the site down. I'm sure everyone has seen it by now. It takes up way too much space. Also I've been saying this for years, if you really wanna modernize this site and future proof it, SWITCH TO XENFORO.

Edit: I logged in for the first time in months and see that the notice is dismissible. Making it not dismissible for visitors isn't wise. It has to be very annoying for them as it was for me, it's a huge turnoff. I'd disable it for visitors all together asap.

I looked at XENFORO years ago (I think based on your recommendation?) and it looked very promising and was definitely better than vB in a number of ways, but had some gaps that caused me to be pretty hesitant about switching. In looking at it again more recently, it seems to have matured enormously and looks far superior to vB across the board. I will set up a test copy in the near future. Would it be OK to reach out to you with some questions if I run into issues getting it up and migrating vB data over?

I looked at XENFORO years ago (I think based on your recommendation?) and it looked very promising and was definitely better than vB in a number of ways, but had some gaps that caused me to be pretty hesitant about switching. In looking at it again more recently, it seems to have matured enormously and looks far superior to vB across the board. I will set up a test copy in the near future. Would it be OK to reach out to you with some questions if I run into issues getting it up and migrating vB data over?

hmmm even the puppet master double posts:eek:

Back