• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Skyfall - James Bond

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER ALERT
-
It is definitely not an old formula Bond flick
It opened with a great chase scene like many others prior... and then shifted gears a few times, which really is consistent with the plot and characters

The lack of an over-the-top megalomaniacal evil guy bent on controlling the universe/planet/weather/gold/oceans/etc was exactly why it was a good movie. There was the evil guy, but his motives were quite simple.
It wasn't a comic book superhero vs super bad guy movie.
Bond is not Spiderman/Superman/etc.

They had a truly good cinematographer and there are numerous scenes where that expert eye really sets this film apart from many others.

I really liked this one and some may not like a flawed Bond, the human Bond, or a Bond with a history (first time that has been explored). These dimensions add a sorely needed authentic touch to our favorite fictional bad ass.

There is some good subtle stuff in the film to amuse die hard fans

I think the only major flaw in the movie was the casting of Q... they could have done much better

And to whoever said the women in the movie weren't hot, ARE YOU BLIND ???

-

Last edited:
Just got back from the movie and I thought it was "just OK". It kind of dragged on and on with no surprises at all. The plot was mediocre. I'm going to tell friends to wait for DVD.

Watched it the other night. In 007 movies lately, it seems Hollywood feels minority women fit the roll of being "easy" the best. :rolleyes: Other than that the movie was pretty good.

-
It is definitely not an old formula Bond flick
It opened with a great chase scene like many others prior... and then shifted gears a few times, which really is consistent with the plot and characters

The lack of an over-the-top megalomaniacal evil guy bent on controlling the universe/planet/weather/gold/oceans/etc was exactly why it was a good movie. There was the evil guy, but his motives were quite simple.
It wasn't a comic book superhero vs super bad guy movie.
Bond is not Spiderman/Superman/etc.

They had a truly good cinematographer and there are numerous scenes where that expert eye really sets this film apart from many others.

I really liked this one and some may not like a flawed Bond, the human Bond, or a Bond with a history (first time that has been explored). These dimensions add a sorely needed authentic touch to our favorite fictional bad ass.

There is some good subtle stuff in the film to amuse die hard fans

I think the only major flaw in the movie was the casting of Q... they could have done much better

And to whoever said the women in the movie weren't hot, ARE YOU BLIND ???

-

Spoiler alert...........SPOILER ALERT..................SPOILER ALERT............................................oops
No one said they were not hot, the first one was shot in the head, and Bond didn't have his usual "action" with these women. He usually ends up with one of them. just saying......:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Spoiler alert...........SPOILER ALERT..................SPOILER ALERT............................................oops
No one said they were not hot, the first one was shot in the head, and Bond didn't have his usual "action" with these women. He usually ends up with one of them. just saying......:rolleyes:

Did we watch the same movie ?
he did hook up, just not at the end

Spoiler alert as well.

I thought the movie sucked. Compared to the previous bonds, especially the new ones and the changes in the development and original writing team in the past 10 years they've strayed on this one.

Opening scene was ok

Characters talked to much

Characters showed to much emotion

There's more things that struck me as not bond like but I just woke up. In all I think Daniel Craig is an awesome bond, but the way this one was put together left me scratching my head.

The old car was a nice touch though I have to admit from the old bonds ago.

Back