• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sleep number bed?

I've got one. It's useful when your body has varying degrees of soreness. For example, when I work out my back, I like to set my sleep number bed on a very firm setting for that night.

It is one of the best investment for your body consider how much time you spend on your bed. My back stop hurting from sleeping and I've had it for over 8 years.

I stayed in a hotel a few years that had them. I was there for 3 nights and could never find a comfortable setting.

I've had them for 15 years or so. I got my two kids queens Select Comforts (as they used to be called) when they outgrew their twin beds. You can get them for way less money by buying the basic mattress with no base and put it on a solid platform. I always bought the thickest foam topper I could at JCPenney to put on top. When the foam wears down with indentations, you can just buy a new one for way less than a new bed.

I currently sleep on a Tempur Pedic but I have a new queen Sleep number bed in my guest room, on a platform with a foam topper. I love my Tempur Pedic but it's gotten too soft over the 4 or 5 years I've had it. I still have my California King Select Comfort in a spare room and may bring it back out someday.

Last edited:
we've had a select comfort for six years. I hate it - could never find a comfortable setting; my wife thought it was great. two years ago we moved it to another room and put a more traditional mattress in our bedroom.

we've recently brought two kittens into our home and are starting them out in that suite so my wife and I alternate nights in that room / bed; I still hate the bed.

Last edited:
we've had a select comfort for six years. I hate it - could never find a comfortable setting; my wife thought it was great. two years ago we moved it to another room and put a more traditional mattress in our bedroom.

we've recently brought two kittens into our home and are starting them out in that suite so my wife and I alternate nights in that room / bed; I still hate the bed.

I don't believe you've posted on the cat thread. :rolleyes:

We bought one about 6 weeks ago as our old memory foam mattress wasn't supporting my back enough. I have my side set pretty stiff and it has helped my back pain a lot. One thing that is odd is it seems a couple inches shorter and narrower than our old mattress, which was also a queen. Other than that we are really happy with it.

I have to add... I had a select comfort mattress since 1998 and love it. Yes i have tried others but have the best sleep on it. I also moved houses and when taking the bed apart for the move noticed a few things that had some age to them and ordered replacement parts... like a new bed for a fraction.

My wife and I have had a Select Comfort Sleep Number bed for the past 3 years and we absolutely love it. We tried two of the leading memory foam brands and they were horrible after 6 months, the foam breaks down and the bed becomes too soft and lumpy.

After finding out about Termpurpedic's memory foam being used in the Space Shuttle I was one of the early adopters and still very happy.

ONLY complaint I have is that the Tempurpedic does such a good job of absorbing kinetic energy I have to burn more calories to romp in the sack..... No really.

I have the Sleep number and added a 3 inch thick memory foam mattress topper and I love it. It took about two weeks to get the setting that was most comfortable for me.

The Sleep number bed solved all my back problems; it is like having a new bed every night - It must be 12 years old now.
I thought I would require a high number for firmness - turns out my number is between 40 and 50.

Back