• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sleepy Eye Mod

Back in my 240sx days, I remember lots of guys doing a "sleepy eye" (or ptosis... thanks doc) mod for their pop-ups. It was as simple as cutting or installing a switch on the brown wire of the headlight motor. This will essentially allow you to manually control the height of headlight (while headlight button is depressed).

I was wondering if anyone has done this for the NSX. It may look a bit "ricer" for most. I'm most likely not going to pursue this mod. Just looking for pictures for those who have done it.

here are some examples of other cars with the mod...

tumblr_kxehqzBeZC1qzmp7jo1_500.jpg

se3.jpg

IMG_1796%2B(Small).jpg

modp_0506_06+2005_formula_drift_round_3+falken_mazda_rx7.jpg

BichusSleepyEyesV2_1.jpg

47630978d1225054809-gauging-interest-german-headlight-system-img_0233_640x480.jpg

Last edited:
the last corvette look sad. The driver just broke his heart and went with an nsx instead... lol

i think that effect is due to the curvature of the housing. the NSX is more like the 240sx where it's relatively straight across.

Doesn't seem like the NSX headlights open very much already our headlights seem a lot smaller compared to like a 240 where they have the larger square lights. I think the NSX looks just as badass with the headlights up as they do down.

Last edited:
please use the correct term............ptosis!

Don't like that sleepy eyes. I think it look stupid as it is not how the headlight was designed to be. It looks as if the motor broke halfway and the owner can't afford to fix it.

I remember doing this back in 1985. All the cool kids did it. :p

cars16.jpg

Although it's an idea that's over 25+ years old, I'm still okay with it, as long as it's kept to older cars.

But I definitely don't care for the lazy eye look (i.e. one headlight down, the other up halfway or fully). Now THAT looks silly. :wink:

Back