• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Smilies?

Why are we limited to so few smilies? I am a member of a 350Z site as well and there are lots of pretty cool smilies there. Ok, flame on you bastards, I know it's coming, I deserve it.:rolleyes: :biggrin:

I know it's coming, I deserve it.:rolleyes: :biggrin:

slap.gif

attachment.php

Attachments

• psfbnqln.gif
    psfbnqln.gif
    16.9 KB · Views: 260
Prime is likely to not get more, based on statements in the past. I think it pretty much explains things. :biggrin:

It's been my general fuddy-duddy observation that there is usually an inverse relationship between the number of (or at least the use of) "specialty smilies" and the amount of useful information posted on most message forums.
- Lud, on 2/23/03

The system was still pulling smilies from a UBB folder. I finally cleaned up the old UBB stuff and set vBulletin to pull smilies from the vBulletin smilie folder, then had to add the old abbreviations back. So now you can use the old abbreviations with the new smilies.

If any are missing let me know.

P.S. I hate smilies.
- NSX Prime, on 11/16/04

I used to think that smilies were childish, until I figured out that if you toss in a few smilies whenever you express an opinion, that they act as flame retardant. So I don't mind them as much anymore - I usually toss in a few just to indicate that, just because I may disagree with someone, I am not arguing with them. :smile: :smile: :smile:

I draw a lot less flames that way. I still get some though. EVERYTHING is controversial on the internet.:smile: :smile: :smile:

Well I've seen some pretty decent thumbs up smilies in the past. If someones looking for a compliment on their car maybe a thumbs up smilie would be nice. :confused:

I used to think that smilies were childish, until I figured out that if you toss in a few smilies whenever you express an opinion, that they act as flame retardant. So I don't mind them as much anymore - I usually toss in a few just to indicate that, just because I may disagree with someone, I am not arguing with them. :smile: :smile: :smile:

I draw a lot less flames that way. I still get some though. EVERYTHING is controversial on the internet.:smile: :smile: :smile:

Yeah, smilies are also being totally misused. Many people write somethings very offensive and inflammatory and then put a smiley at the end. When that comment pisses off a few people and invites a few rebuttals, the flamer would just claims that it was the other guys' overreaction. "Lighten up you tight ass, you did not see the smiley?" I think smilies should be just used as meant, not some shields that jerks use to defend their rudeness.
Steve

Of all the smilie emoticons we have I think the roll eyes is most often misused.What seem to be friendly goofy posts which you would think should end in a tounge or winky end with the sarcastic roll and then I get confused.:confused:

Of all the smilie emoticons we have I think the roll eyes is most often misused.What seem to be friendly goofy posts which you would think should end in a tounge or winky end with the sarcastic roll and then I get confused.:confused:
What is you point Doc? What did you mean by "without certainty, there might be vague hazziness at the left lower lobe although this might be normal variant. Clinical correlation recommended."? :rolleyes: :tongue: :biggrin: :confused:
Steve

Hey Steve I don't hedge, pneumonia,mass,atelectasis,sequestration,infarct, I'll let you know:wink: Now give me my refill!!!!

Well I've seen some pretty decent thumbs up smilies in the past. If someones looking for a compliment on their car maybe a thumbs up smilie would be nice. :confused:
icon14.gif

Too bad one isn't available on NSXprime.

Oh, wait... :wink:

:)

Attachments

• naughty.gif
    naughty.gif
    2.8 KB · Views: 34
  • lol.gif
    lol.gif
    1 KB · Views: 32
  • hiding.gif
    hiding.gif
    4 KB · Views: 34