• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Smoke removal

My wife just picked up an immaculate Lexus IS300 that has low milage and we paid next to nothing because the dealer is sort of a buddy. The only problem is that the previous owner was a smoker. The dealer had the interior detailed with a smoke removal package(who knows how different that is from a reg detail) and they ran an ionizer in the car. It smelled pretty clean when we picked it up, but the smell is starting to come back. I knew this was going to happen, but I was wondering if anyone has any tricks to help reduce it other then just an air freshener. :confused:

Jack up the car, remove the wheels, slide the existing IS300 off the jacks and slide a clean-smelling IS300 on, remount the wheels, lower the car, and you're done.

Put a great plate with grinded coffee (I hope it's the correct term - I mean not the whole beans) in the car (on a seat or in the footwell). Leave it there as long as possible (over night). Repeat this if the first procedure isn't enough. The coffee "sucks" the smell - throw it away afterwards of course.

He's right, but you can just open a can of coffee, leave it in the car and it will absorb the odors.

Wow and as an added bonus you can get your caffine fix on the way to work w/o having to make coffee in the morning.

Seriously, I did not know about this fix. I love going to Costco and buying a couple of pounds of coffee which I then gring at the store and bring home. By the time I get home the car smells great. Thanks

Malibu Rapper said:
If the smell is trapped in the carpet, headliner and ventilation, putting baking soda or coffee is not going to suck all that smell out. You need something that will break the smell down at the source.

Checkout ForceOut
At least for the carpets Febreze strong should work too.

You said it had an ionizing treatment? AFAIK, ozone is the one true answer to odors. If it still smells, I'd give that another try.

I was looking into a portable ionic breeze for the car from sharper image. Anyone know if these work?
She said the smell is not bad, but I am just worried about it coming back.

nuccaJB said:
I was looking into a portable ionic breeze for the car from sharper image. Anyone know if these work?
She said the smell is not bad, but I am just worried about it coming back.

There was a post here on prime I belive where someone was selling a few ionic breese units but not for the car it was for the home and he posted an article about the effects of the ionic breeze on the ozone layer. I found this post be notice on the ox that it now says it has " Ozone Guard "

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49745&highlight=ionic+breeze

Back