• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

So far... more to come

It's pricy, but I think it's worth it. It will be about $1500 to do the conversion, plus or minus a few. Again, I have to pulled the entire gauge and ship it to them. I will load up the pictures tomorrow.

Vancehu said:
I found a place that will do the Type R gauge conversion. They need me to remove the Gauge, so I have to wait for a while until my regular stuffs are installed. The conversion is very close, very high quality. Carbon fiber face, yellow needles, and red ring, just like the real thing.

Are they adding the shift lights in there as well? Is this place in the US or abroad? Thanks!

This is what it will look like.

Attachments

• MPH Side.jpg
    MPH Side.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 375
  • RPM.jpg
    RPM.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 298
  • MPH.jpg
    MPH.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 279
Last edited:
You know, that may be the first time I've seen a -R spoiler on a berlina black car. I usually don't like the -R spoiler, but it actually looks really good on a black car. I'm sitting here thinking maybe I ought to consider putting one on mine.

(Of course, I say stuff like this all the time and never do anything. ;))

Attachments

• 13449New_look-thumb.jpg
    13449New_look-thumb.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 695
  • 13449JDM_Type_R_hood-thumb.jpg
    13449JDM_Type_R_hood-thumb.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 563
Last edited:
fabbb'!

Vancehu said:
Latest Addition to my car... JDM Honda Part.... Perfect fit!!! Tears in my eyes, tears of joy....

THAT hood was meant for THAT NSX... I kid you not! That's the best look for the '02 NSX-R hood that I have seen thus far: '02-'05 Berlina black NSX-T! :cool:

Is your '02 NSX-R rear-valance diffuser from Procar or OEM Honda (ie. Science of Speed)?

What is going to happen to your OEM instrament/gauge 'covers' (blue'ish) on the console, when you get the NSX-R'like CF 'covers', red-rings, and |yellow| needles? {Is the shop going to simply super-impose the CF onto the existing gauges?}

Re: fabbb'!

i had the pleasure of seeing this black beauty in person. sharp.........real sharp

can't wait to see the final product.

Re: fabbb'!

Osiris_x11 said:
THAT hood was meant for THAT NSX... I kid you not! That's the best look for the '02 NSX-R hood that I have seen thus far: '02-'05 Berlina black NSX-T! :cool:

Is your '02 NSX-R rear-valance diffuser from Procar or OEM Honda (ie. Science of Speed)?

What is going to happen to your OEM instrament/gauge 'covers' (blue'ish) on the console, when you get the NSX-R'like CF 'covers', red-rings, and |yellow| needles? {Is the shop going to simply super-impose the CF onto the existing gauges?}

lol, lots of questions.
NSX R Wing Downforce
NSX R Diffuser Procar
NSX CF RWG Procar
NSX Hood JDM Honda

The same place I'm getting the gauge cluster is the same place that is making my Mugen Snorkel replica. I will probably have to do that conversion in June or July, because I need some moola for installation of CTSC.

avalon96 said:
I can't believe the difference the hood makes. Amazing!

Mind telline me where and how much? I have to get the same.

I was checking out Yahoo Auction Japan, and there was a vender who I bought some stuff from, and he e-mail me for it. I paid quite a bit for it.... More than Procar Type R replica. If you like to get one, you should talk to Procar, their replica is basically the same, very high quality.

I just received news from GT-Rom. After 7 weeks of waiting, my exhaust is finally ready, and they are going to ship it to me tomorrow, or today, Japan Time Zone.

GT-One Titan (Titanium) Exhaust v.2 (NA2)

I will let people know how well this exhaust perform/sound after I get it.

Attachments

• GT 1 v. 2.jpg
    GT 1 v. 2.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 236
  • GT1 v.2 2.jpg
    GT1 v.2 2.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 272
Vance, I say you take some professional photos of your car and Offer them as Posters for sale here. I would certainly be one of your buyers. You car looks absolutely gorgeous!!!!

I finally got my exhaust today.... After the U.S. Customs held it for almost a week, and paid substantial amount of money to a customs broker, I got it out. Needless to say, I didn't want to wait, so I ran straight to Autowave right after I picked up the exhaust from Bax Global of LAX, and had them installed it.

The construction is excellent. The welding job is clean, and the surface of the Titanium is beautiful. We weight it at Autowave before the installation. The sucker is beyond light; it is only 12.4lbs!!! I pick up the entire thing with one hand. When I tried to pick up the OEM exhaust, I couldn't do it with both hands, there must be a 40 plus lbs weight saving... The installation was a breeze; it took Mark half an hour to take off the old one, and put on the new one, and that is including our chatting time.

The weight savings clearly shown during driving, the tail of the car feels more responsive, and the sound is wonderful.

There is a minor issue. The driver's side tip does stick out slightly more the passenger side, but it is hardly noticeable unless you look at it for a long time.

Here is what made my day really really interesting. After the installation, my car was dyno @ 294.4HP. That is 30-40 more than the standard dyno on none-mod NA2 equipped car. With only the exhaust as my performance enhancement.

It is a possiblity that my car is by nature one of those exceptional "one off" the production line, because the car always felt way stronger than all the other NSXs I have driven. Perhaps the exhaust helped.

Either way, I’m happy, very happy today. Because Autowave supposed to use the same Dyno system as Comptech... However, Autowave’s printer was broken, so I took a picture of the Dyno number with my camera. The picture came out weird due to my inability to set the shutter speed, or the exposure, but it’s here for you guys to check it out.

This is a sleeper exhaust. Very quiet at idle, but gets progressively louder towards the redline. The pitch is deep and throaty, which is what I was looking for. I highly recommand this product. The only down side is GT-One products are made to order, and took them 7/8 weeks to ship it out to me, and another week at the US Customs.

http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=13449

http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=19442&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=19440&sort=1&size=medium&cat=500&page=1

http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=19441&sort=1&size=medium&cat=500&page=1

http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=19439&sort=1&size=medium&cat=500&page=1

My next incoming project... NA2 Type R suspension acquired from Procar. Supposed to be the actaul units prep for the Nurburgring run. I'm excited. Also the Type R Sway bar, and two front chassis bar.

Last edited:
That looks really sweet. I don't know what to make of those dyno numbers honestly... it can't all be the exhaust... Congrats.

Vance that thing is awsome. I gotta hear this exhaust. I think its time to replace my Anytime racing hehehe. 294 HP thats really damn good. You beat me I dynod at 290rwhp on my 00 with headers though

I like checkin out the pics all at once. :biggrin:

13449DSC00320.jpg

13449DSC00313.jpg

13449DSC00308.jpg

13449DSC00324.jpg

13449DSC00321.jpg

13449DSC00319.jpg

13449DSC00317.jpg

13449DSC00316.jpg

Impressive dyno #'s. It would have been nice to have baseline data to compare to it.

Oh and the car looks pretty good too.:wink:

NSXLuvr said:
Impressive dyno #'s. It would have been nice to have baseline data to compare to it.

Oh and the car looks pretty good too.:wink:

Interestingly, I went back to see if their printer was fix so I can get a hard copy, I realized that 294.4 was the second run. The first run number was 295.5, even higher.. Needless to say, I was even happier.... can't wait to get the Mugen AIS.

avalon96 said:
Any soundclips? Looks good.

I don't have any recording devise at the moment, I sold my Canon LX1 Digital camcorder six months ago.

The sound is deep and rich, pitch goes up with increasing RPM. It is definitely not ricy. It actually sounded very similar to my friend's Gallardo.

I'll try to find a way to record and put up a sound clip

Back