• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

So it was dry and not too cold and I....

Wanted to go for a little drive in my new NSX. Take the cover off (wow I love the way this car looks). Climb in (wow, this car fits me well). Key in (the anticipation is killing me). Turn key....

click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click

Battery dead? Guage says its very low...Its only been 3 weeks, not even, 2 and half weeks and my battery is dead? How could that be?

Ive stored cars for months and not had any issues starting them up without ever disconecting the battery. Why did my car go dead in less than 3 weeks? Its not even that cold.

So I boosted it and gave it a good charge. No time left for a drive though.

What eats the battery so much?

Im gonna disconnect the battery.

The alarm will draw some power from the battery while its parked and I do not know the condition of the battery when it was last driven but it may have been low from being started alot and not driven enough to sufficently fully charge the battery before being put away. I have a battery tender to maintain mine during the winter months when I am not driving it as much.

it happens to me toooo...with full battery charge, after 2 weeks....click click click..click. I like to know the answer of what is sucking its juice so much?

SPA_S2000 said:
Wanted to go for a little drive in my new NSX. Take the cover off (wow I love the way this car looks). Climb in (wow, this car fits me well). Key in (the anticipation is killing me). Turn key....

click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click

Battery dead? Guage says its very low...Its only been 3 weeks, not even, 2 and half weeks and my battery is dead? How could that be?

Ive stored cars for months and not had any issues starting them up without ever disconecting the battery. Why did my car go dead in less than 3 weeks? Its not even that cold.

So I boosted it and gave it a good charge. No time left for a drive though.

What eats the battery so much?

Im gonna disconnect the battery.

I would just get a battery tender to keep the battery at 99%

Don't forget that the OEM battery probably sat for 2 years fully drained at the dealer. I'd call the dealer and get a new battery. Brand new, they are only $70 US but the dealer should cover that under warrantee.

I've experienced the same thing after a few weeks of storage - though I don't have the stock sized battery. FWIW, the Battery Tender is a good option and can be purchased at your local Pep Boys fairly inexpensively ($37-$40). Cheap insurance.

No local Pep Boys in Toronto =)

But Canadian Tire will do...

For those of us who have a Gel type battery (Odyssey, etc) please make sure that the battery tender "Specifically" supports Gel type batteries or you will destroy the battery almost immediately...

i suggest not using one of those battery maintainers, they tend to overcharge and end up harming the battery... my suggestion is to just unplug the terminals and leave it be...
i can't wait to get mine back on the road!!!

red_dragon said:
i suggest not using one of those battery maintainers, they tend to overcharge and end up harming the battery... my suggestion is to just unplug the terminals and leave it be...
i can't wait to get mine back on the road!!!

Being conservative, you can always disconnect and before you reconnect, use the tender to get the charge back up. Probably don't need to worry about it with the OEM battery but I have the Odyssey 680...

had mine parked for 2 months and uncovered it yesterday to start it and in 2 seconds it started. how old is your battery? mine was new in august. the car is parked in an unheated garage and its been very cold here. I'd have your battery charged and tested.

I wish it was dry here.....it's been raining every damn day since I got back in town( Last Wednesday, 19th of Jan) and apparently, it was raining for quite a bit before then too.

I broke down and bought an Optima Yellow Top avail at Costco cheap and most other battery suppliers. Had to mess around a bit to get the battery to sit right seeing how the Pos/Neg terminals are reversed on the Yellow, easy fix. Haven't really had problems since, and the battery has lots of amperage supply for those of you with an aftermarket stereo. I also have a Challanger battery maintainer for the winter months, works great. :biggrin:

deep_cycle.RowPar.0002.ContentPar.0003.ColumnPar.0002.Image.0.0.gif

http://www.optimabatteries.com

Yellow Top Info and Specs

Thanks,

Back