• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

So, what is Honda fan suppose to drive now?

I had Prelude, Civic Si, S2000, and I was hoping my next upgrade will be the new NSX. But since this is no longer possible, what am I suppose to upgrade to? Honda, give me an option!

01_l.jpg

Akira, so you were going to jump from a S2000 to a 150K nsx replacement? .. :confused: ... why just don't get an NSX 97+ and call the day,

I have the same background, 2 preludes 88 - 95, 1 S2000 - 02, current: 05 RL -our official old person car- as now, I DD a 98 accord V6 (i own since 03) and drive my X fridays and weekends.

Honestly i understand what you are saying but the NSX is so capable that you will no feel the "need" to "upgrade" unless you have MAD cash and yeah, you can get a R8 V10 or a used gallardo, even 360's are 80K nowadays -although there's no HUGE improvement comparing with a Na2 NSX-

oscar

Last edited:
I'll tell you what you do. You drive the best car Honda has ever made. Your NSX. I have no quams with my car. I can up the HP more if I like. Timeless styling. Gets plenty of looks, and it's still Hondas Flagship car. I may get an S2000 someday for convertible fun.

If you feel that you like being in something "new" better than being in a Honda, go get something else. I like my Honda.

I agree...get a used NSX in good shape and call it a day. :cool: Other than that if you want the latest and greatest, the Insight is pretty cool from a green tech nerd perspective. Granted its a slug, but a very cool slug none the less. :biggrin: If it had come out two years ago, I'd have got that over my Fit. :smile:

Yep, what they said.
Lets see: 89, 98, 03, 08 Accords, 92 Prelude, 02 S2000, 92 NSX, 04 NSX, 01 MDX, 07 MDX so far....
my son already has his Civic Si picked out and I probably will need a Ridgeline...:biggrin:

sit and hope for a new NSX to come out soon lol but in the mean time roll in a 97 or higher NSX

whoa, that is HOT! is that an '09? I need another bike. I had an '03 and '06 CBR 600RR. I also need another NSX. This time I'm gonna get '97 or newer.

English is not my native tongue, so excuse me for asking: To drive and ride are not synonyms, or are they?

You drive a car. You ride as a passenger in a car, but you could go for a ride in your car.

You ride a bike.

Um, that is hot. What is it?

2009 Honda CBR600RR
Limited Edition, don't think it's available in the US, not this one at least.
Typical Honda, we never get the cool models.

i had prelude, civic si, s2000, and i was hoping my next upgrade will be the new nsx. But since this is no longer possible, what am i suppose to upgrade to? Honda, give me an option!

had a 91 crx si and this year i bought a 92 nsx. "what a difference in the years" lol.

The new one seems ery nice from the pics and the drive by media. But we never get the good stuff as someone quoted. Get your self a 97+ nsx. Prefer white color even tho mine is 92 black on black. I like it but white is very hard to get. You will not be disapointed.

For something different (Honda wise anyway):

Attachments

• HondaFuryWallpapers_8_1024x768.jpg
    HondaFuryWallpapers_8_1024x768.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 199
"Porsche is preparing a hardcore version of its 2009 Porsche Cayman S more suitable for track days, called the Cayman Clubsport.

The Porsche Cayman Clubsport will be a stripped down version of the Cayman S. The Clubsport is intended to silence those calling for a track and competition oriented car. With the Cayman’s mid-engine layout, the car already approaches 911 handling so who can blame people for wanting a track version?

Weight-saving measures that will be seen include a stripped-down interior, lightweight body panels, simplified lighting, and forged alloy wheels. Together, this should shave almost 220 lbs off the Cayman’s 3000 lb curb weight. The lightweight body panels will include a unique body kit with a fixed rear spoiler instead of the retractable spoiler seen on the standard Cayman.

Powering the Cayman Clubsport will be the upgraded 3.4 liter direct-injected flat-six form the Cayman S. The engine is expected to have the same amount of power as the Cayman S, around 320 hp. The Clubsport will come standard with a six-speed manual and a limited-slip differential.

When the Porsche Cayman Clubsport becomes available, expect approximately a $5500 premium over the Cayman S. The Clubsport goes on sale in October in the U.K. and it’s unknown when the model will make its way to the U.S. The Clubsport will be available in two trim levels: standard or race-spec, which includes six-point harnesses, a roll cage, and a fire extinguisher."

Last edited:
I had Prelude, Civic Si, S2000, and I was hoping my next upgrade will be the new NSX. But since this is no longer possible, what am I suppose to upgrade to? Honda, give me an option!
Very good question! The answer is no if you want a new car. Honda is no longer the same company. Honda now just wants to compete with Hyundai. A used NSX is a good move but it is an old car. You already had most of the good old fun Hondas.
After a few NSXs, I myself will jump ship to something else a few years later hoping that the economy will improve a little.
Steve

Very good question! The answer is no if you want a new car. Honda is no longer the same company. Honda now just wants to compete with Hyundai. A used NSX is a good move but it is an old car. You already had most of the good old fun Hondas.
After a few NSXs, I myself will jump ship to something else a few years later hoping that the economy will improve a little.
Steve

Hey Steve,

With the "down" economy there are some great deals out there.. maybe even some that might be on your shortlist :D

Ken

Hey Steve,

With the "down" economy there are some great deals out there.. maybe even some that might be on your shortlist :D

Ken
Hi Ken,
Nice to hear from you. Just came back driving a coworker's brand new 2009 Porsche C4S. Absolutely stunning car with tremendous power and crazy traction. He said 385 hps and you can feel every single ponies. Very tightly built and solid. I actually like its look too with a traditional red reflector at the rear. I won't want one because of the sheer number on the road.
My short list has R8, Ford GT and F430. Waiting for WDC and Apple to come back up!:biggrin:
Steve

-although there's no HUGE improvement comparing with a Na2 NSX-

oscar

Awww, come on, that's kind of biased. The Nissan 370 Z compares with the NA2 NSX performance wise... and for less than most 5 year old NSX's I might add.

But the OP is right, Honda has shot us the d*ck. We have zed performance options. I mean, WTF. I'm reluctantly a Nissan fanboy now because of Honda's lack of passion in their performance category. Nissan has three hot cars right now, the G37 S Coupe, 370 Z, and GT-R.

I can only imagine if Honda decided to make an $80k car with the specs of the GT-R.

Heck, if Honda make a $35,000 car with the specs of the 370 Z I'd be happy.

Such a dissappointment. :frown:

Back