• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sold my 2005 NSX!

Well, sold my 2005 NSX yesterday after getting an offer I couldn't refuse. Made an offer on a Ferrari 360 so I hope to be in it tonight!

Will most likely be back in a NSX if the Ferrari doesn't work out!

Many thanks to everyone who has helped me the past few years! You are all a great bunch of people who I will miss interacting with!

Well, sold my 2005 NSX yesterday after getting an offer I couldn't refuse. Made an offer on a Ferrari 360 so I hope to be in it tonight!

Will most likely be back in a NSX if the Ferrari doesn't work out!

Many thanks to everyone who has helped me the past few years! You are all a great bunch of people who I will miss interacting with!

Congrats, can't wait to see your 4th one :smile:

Wow, an F360! Enjoy the musical exhaust note we've all been striving for here on Prime:rolleyes:. The 355/360 have the "BEST" exhaust note of all F-cars made. Congrats.

I hope to join you someday though I hope to keep the NSX too. My car will be so modified it will never recoup what I put into it :) Congrats Rob-

What Rob doesn't know is that the NSX "offer he couldn't refuse" came from a 360 owner who has had it up to his eyeballs with Maintenance costs and mechanical issues. :biggrin:

He was probably like F this, I'll buy an NSX and the extra money he had cough up to sweeten the offer was 1/2 of what he normally pays for an oil change. hahaha

Rob aren't you going to miss this abuse? We do it for free around here.

Something tells me that you'll be keeping the stock wheels on the 360.:wink: Give us more details on the sale of the NSX. Is there a crazy story behind it?

What Rob doesn't know is that the NSX "offer he couldn't refuse" came from a 360 owner who has had it up to his eyeballs with Maintenance costs and mechanical issues. :biggrin:

I can tell you this is probably so close to true it makes me crack up.

I met a guy that had sold a Yellow/Yellow NSX like mine and he stops me in the parking lot and tells me how much he missed his... Long story short he was driving a bright RED F430 with 8,000 miles on it and she was ready for her first tune up... $12,000 is what he told me he was about to spend!!! :eek:

Last edited:
It is a 2002 Modena, silver, 6k miles, Tubis, Carbon Fiber intakes, clear bra, every option available and in mint condition. Clean CarFax and Auto Check. Never in rain, never washed with water. No paint work...again, perfect!

The seller had more money that he could ever count. He just got tired of it sitting in his garage. Brought cash to his house and he took it. I couldn't beleive it!

I hadn't planned on getting a 360 so soon but this car is perfect...not a mark on it anywhere!

Best part....he did the full belt and fluid service last month to a tune of $8k. Had the receipts and I verified it by speaking with the Ferrari mechanic who did the work.

Local car, all maintenance done by the local Ferrari mechanic. Just couldn't pass it up!

Thanks a million. It just was a perfect fit for me considering the car, maintence records, price, condition, etc.

By the way everyone...the local Ferrari mechanic who has worked on it since it new advised nothing had ever broken on it. Only work has been maintenance. I am keeping my fingers crossed!

I am sad to hear of the news. :(

I have a one-owner Maserati with 5800 miles on it that has started leaking oil in the garage. Heated, air-conditioned garage. A car treated with perfect care, and vouched for by the service manager at the Ferrari/Maserati dealer. At 15K, this car will be considered "high mileage".

I hope your experience is better.

Man, talk about a bunch of Dream-Killers!

What killed my dream was the oil leak on a car that's essentially new. It's like no matter how hard you try, no matter how good a car you find, something like tis comes up. Which isn't a big deal if it's a Honda and can be fixed with a $20 gasket, but I am almost afraid of going to the dealer to ask what it is. Fun car? Yeah... Nice sound? Yeah... Pretty to look at at? Yup. But that "bargain" you found, quickly can turn into a non-bargain.

Mind you maserati is not as bad as Ferrari. But just my standard everyday oil change at the dealer is $450. So everytime I drop 1K on a mod for the NSX, I remember that if it was a Ferrari, that money would go to the dealer and I would get nothing back.

Nonetheless, it is an experience and if you haven't owned one, you should. I don't mean to be negative nelly. I'm sure it's a spectacular car.

Given that you were originally on your way to buy a Ferrari prior to flying up to buy the 2005 from YoJacks (which is a VERY VERY nice car btw) it makes sense that you would eventually find the Ferrari that you want in the garage and the 2005 will eventually find its way to the next lucky owner.

FYI... the 2005 NSX was sold to:

http://www.scottsdaleferrari.com/
6825 East McDowell Road Scottsdale, AZ 85257
(480) 991-5322

(I think its fair to let folks know where its at in case another Primer wants to pursue it)
(its a really clean car and belongs with a Primer)

Last edited:
Probably washed with Champagne and tears exclusively

Some of your best work to date! Well done! :biggrin:

Congratulations! If you gave up Jack's old car for it, then it's truly gotta be pristine. As far as the maintenance talk -- any comments I hear from people that have never actually owned one for a considerable amount of time just go in one ear and out the other :smile:. So...ENJOY it and DRIVE it!

Back