• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sold my 2005 NSX!

Well, sold my 2005 NSX yesterday after getting an offer I couldn't refuse. Made an offer on a Ferrari 360 so I hope to be in it tonight!

Will most likely be back in a NSX if the Ferrari doesn't work out!

Many thanks to everyone who has helped me the past few years! You are all a great bunch of people who I will miss interacting with!

Congratulations!! Don't let the others mess with your dream...it's yours and yours only. We all have our own dreams and mine has an Italian Bull...I know what I will be getting into with maintenance and such. Likewise, I'm sure you knew going into the purchase what it would cost and you still pulled the trigger meaning you could afford it!! Again CONGRATULATIONS!!! It's an awesome car have fun and be careful driving it!! Oh btw, pictures!!!

Yes, congrats. I'd like to hear the long run of this as I had the chance to own one. Same story as yours sorta. I toalted my 02, came across a pristine 2000 black or red, I think red, for 56k. I still regret not buying it. Could have had it a year then bought an NSX after I sold it for more than 56k. I just dreaded the maintaince........along with being 23 at the time finishing school working part time at UPS and living at home, but buying with my own money a Ferrari lol. I hope it runs great for you. I need some feed back :)

As far as the maintenance talk -- any comments I hear from people that have never actually owned one for a considerable amount of time just go in one ear and out the other :smile:. So...ENJOY it and DRIVE it!

If you are referring to me, I only spoke of the car I actually OWN. I am not trying to be a killjoy or negative. I am just talking about my experiences. I hope that has some value. I still love the car, but man, this is fact... They are NOT cheap to keep.

Rob please don't be offended by my comments, I truly mean no harm.

And please post photos, would love to see this thing.

Last edited:
What Rob doesn't know is that the NSX "offer he couldn't refuse" came from a 360 owner who has had it up to his eyeballs with Maintenance costs and mechanical issues. :biggrin:

He was probably like F this, I'll buy an NSX and the extra money he had cough up to sweeten the offer was 1/2 of what he normally pays for an oil change. hahaha

Why do people with no Ferrari or Lamborghini ownership experience keep perpetuating this hype? We all know you are too scared to step up and take a chance. Rob on the other hand is not. Enjoy your Honda, it is definitely the right car for you.

Man, talk about a bunch of Dream-Killers!

Don't let these haters rain on your parade. Enjoy your Ferrari and keep us posted on your ownership thoughts.

Aaron read the thread please before making comments about my posts and quoting me. I spoke about my experience with a car I own. :rolleyes: there's no "hype". Maintenance on these is very expensive. Call the Ferrari dealer and get some pricing. If you're going to tell me "don't buy it unless you can afford the maintenance", that has to do with each persons individual decision but it doesn't take away from the fact that anything out of Italy is usually pricey to maintain.

Last edited:
The more I learn about ferraris the greater the lure of ownership is despite the well stated limitations ~ they truly are fabulous machines and rightly coveted. Congrats on the purchase, I hope it brings great smiles to you each and every day.

p.s - PHOTOS! :)

Aaron read the thread please before making comments about my posts and quoting me. I spoke about my experience with a car I own. :rolleyes:

I did read the thread and I must have missed the part where you said you owned a 360 in the past. If you have owned one and experienced the maintenance pains, than I can see why you pissed in Rob's Cheerios. If you are equating your Maserati experience to his new Ferrari purchase I do not see the correlation. What I do see is ill placed negativity on a thread where Rob no doubt realized a dream.

Rob, good luck and see you at NSXPO 2013!
:biggrin:
Seriously, thanks for sharing and your participation here on Prime.
And remember... PICS!

I'm glad Rob purchased his 360...we now have a true NSX insider who can give us the "honest story" on F car ownership costs. He got a great(not good)deal on the F car and his 05 NSX. I LOVE MY 05 NSX but Ferrari ownership is in my future...If you're a car guy...I can't see how owning a Ferrari or Lambo isnt on the bucket list....The cost of maintence is something you just have to swallow hard and accept(along with common oil leaks...j/k:tongue:) if you want to own one.

Good Luck and Drive the Hell Out of it!!

Hey....you guys are all great! I really appereciate the comments from everyone! I will definately keep everyone posted on my experience. Worse case scenario is I will sell it and get another NSX. I have had nothing but great experience in all three of my NSX's. I have just wanted a Ferrari for so long I couldn't pass this deal up!

I did read the thread and I must have missed the part where you said you owned a 360 in the past. If you have owned one and experienced the maintenance pains, than I can see why you pissed in Rob's Cheerios. If you are equating your Maserati experience to his new Ferrari purchase I do not see the correlation. What I do see is ill placed negativity on a thread where Rob no doubt realized a dream.

Well if you don't think there's a correlation that's your problem not mine. Learn about their shared drivetrains and parts and maybe you'll see a correlation. I've known Rob a long time on this forum and if he had a problem with my post he could have expressed it himself, he doesn't need you as his lawyer. If anyone "pissed in his Cheerios" it's you with your attitude not my sharing my experience with him.

Rob, my apologies for this damper on your thread. I won't carry on with Aaron anymore.

Please do post pics when you can.

Last edited:
Turbo....

No worries! You didn't hurt my feelings; nor did anyone else! I got a kick out of everyone's responses!

I appreciate your kind words! I wouldn't be suprised if I am back within the year with another NSX!

I dare you to put a senna sticker and Type R badge on the 360...even better take an acura symbol and tape it on the fender like the F shield and post it on prime for some laughs:biggrin:......then post a thread on F chat about a group buy for a nsx rear 360 conversion kit:wink:

Man, talk about a bunch of Dream-Killers!

Eh, drive it enough to keep the seals in good shape and keep up on the maintenance and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

My dad's had an '86 Testarossa for something like 12 years now and sure he's had to fix the odd sensor, sending unit, and replace the steering rack. But this car's been to the track a few times in addition to being driven fairly regularly, so by and large maintenance hasn't quite lived up to the reputation. The 360 is newer and hopefully a little more well thought-through, so hopefully it remains trouble free.

Do us a favor and keep us window-shoppers posted on your experience with this car vs. the NSX.

I dare you to put a senna sticker and Type R badge on the 360...even better take an acura symbol and tape it on the fender like the F shield and post it on prime for some laughs:biggrin:......then post a thread on F chat about a group buy for a nsx rear 360 conversion kit:wink:

ROFLMAO... Good stuff doc...

Man this talk of $5k+ maintenance makes me really appreciate the NSX. I feel better about my mod spending now too. The 360 will have to wait till there's an abundance of cash after all responsibilities are accounted for!

If you are referring to me, I only spoke of the car I actually OWN. I am not trying to be a killjoy or negative. I am just talking about my experiences. I hope that has some value. I still love the car, but man, this is fact... They are NOT cheap to keep.

If I was referring to you I would direct my response at you. I don't mind people that speak of their own experiences, educated input is a nice thing to have as a resource.

That's the last OT from me, sorry. Now, like everyone else would like to see...hows about some pics! :biggrin:

824062d1347915410-stain-rose-gold-michael-kors-watch-87838d1334008562-lake-harding-this_thread_is_worthless_without_pictures.jpg

Back