• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sold my NSX today

:frown:

It was much harder then I thought it would be....but she's gone as of 4:15pm this afternoon. NSXprime member PaulL is the proud new owner. He's a great guy so I know he'll treat her right.

Thanks guys for all the information and debates!! It's been fun. If I'm ever in the market for another NSX....prime will be my first stop for information.

:smile:

I'm sorry to hear this but best wishes to you Adam.
Thank you for your past help.

Take care,
Kev

newby said:
Thanks guys for all the information and debates!! It's been fun. If I'm ever in the market for another NSX....prime will be my first stop for information.

:smile:

Hi

We are not forcing you to leave eventhough you have no NSX in your life anymore.

You are free to live "throug us" until you realise that you can not live without a NSX and goes out shopping again. :)

Regards

Oh don't worry...I'll be checking back here often to keep the discussions interesting :smile:

newby said:
Oh don't worry...I'll be checking back here often to keep the discussions interesting :smile:

HaHa, I've been NSX-less for three years and I check in every few days. Both the NSX and Prime are difficult addictions to kick . . . :) Kevin

hey guys..... Yeah, I only had the car since July 2004. I had been back and forth on selling it over the winter (winter blues....) However I changed my mind in Feb and decided to keep it.
Well all of a sudden I got some interest in my car (couple people got ahold of me through prime). So I began considering selling again. PaulL and I talked for a couple weeks and next thing I knew...it was gone. Man was that hard to see it go.
The big thing that pushed me to sell was the fact that I didn't drive the car as much as I would have like to. I wouldn't take it to work (don't want to park next to others all day). I took it out of town, but not overnight unless I was staying with a friend who had a garage. It was stressful just leaving it parked outside of Walmart while shopping. My paranoia got to me..... so I felt better when it was safe in my garage. It's a lot of money invested to have a car just sit in the garage.
Time was another issue.... I want to get into racing my 600RR and new YFZ450 (quad)....so it was a hassle dividing my time between the toys. Plus loosing the $850 payment frees up some expendible cash for other toys :smile:

I'm looking at a couple less expensive cars. Options are...C5 convert(that's toward the bottom), Porsche Boxster, BMW Z4 (top of the list so far), 350Z convert, or an S2000. I have yet to drive the 350Z or S2000....so for now I like the Z4 the best. Man do those drive nice. You cannot compare it to the NSX, but for the money (used ones are in the low 30K range) it's a nice deal.

khiroshima..... man your a die hard. You must plan to get another sometime soon....

I really miss my NSX though. Today I made up a farewell photo which I'm getting printed off to poster size for the garage. Here she is...

PHOTO

Last edited:
hahah thats crazy...i want to sell my Z4 for a NSX. anyways, yeah i could see how hard it would be to let the NSX go. Good luck to you.

newby said:
hey guys..... Yeah, I only had the car since July 2004. I had been back and forth on selling it over the winter (winter blues....) However I changed my mind in Feb and decided to keep it.
Well all of a sudden I got some interest in my car (couple people got ahold of me through prime). So I began considering selling again. PaulL and I talked for a couple weeks and next thing I knew...it was gone. Man was that hard to see it go.
The big thing that pushed me to sell was the fact that I didn't drive the car as much as I would have like to. I wouldn't take it to work (don't want to park next to others all day). I took it out of town, but not overnight unless I was staying with a friend who had a garage. It was stressful just leaving it parked outside of Walmart while shopping. My paranoia got to me..... so I felt better when it was safe in my garage. It's a lot of money invested to have a car just sit in the garage.
Time was another issue.... I want to get into racing my 600RR and new YFZ450 (quad)....so it was a hassle dividing my time between the toys. Plus loosing the $850 payment frees up some expendible cash for other toys :smile:

I'm looking at a couple less expensive cars. Options are...C5 convert(that's toward the bottom), Porsche Boxster, BMW Z4 (top of the list so far), 350Z convert, or an S2000. I have yet to drive the 350Z or S2000....so for now I like the Z4 the best. Man do those drive nice. You cannot compare it to the NSX, but for the money (used ones are in the low 30K range) it's a nice deal.

khiroshima..... man your a die hard. You must plan to get another sometime soon....

I really miss my NSX though. Today I made up a farewell photo which I'm getting printed off to poster size for the garage. Here she is...

And I'm the one who bought it!

Oh no, a farewell photo!
Now I feel bad about buying it from you!

I'll just use that photo, and change the dates ... from May 2005 to present!

Thanks for the great car, newby.

I'll never forget checking it over, and saying "Okay ... I'll take it", then you said "Are you sure?" ... like you wanted me to change my mind!

You had taken such good care of it, I felt bad driving it through the wind and the rain, and parking it outside the hotel, etc on the drive home. She made it safely, though ... I've even started detailing a few spots you had missed .. like the dirt around the bolts under the hood, and the scuff marks on the rear lens (came right out with buffing compound).

Those Koni's should arrive Friday ... I look forward to getting the car apart and seeing more of her heart and soul.

By the way, folks, all the research available on this forum helped me decide that an NSX is the car for me, and of course directed me to this pristine 97. Your enthusiasm and love for your cars was a great deal-maker. I'm in Colorado, so hopefully I can put it's world-class handling to task on some twisty roads.

don't regret selling it, there's always other NSX's out there.. hell go buy a 02' NSX next time

NSXchnk said:
don't regret selling it, there's always other NSX's out there.. hell go buy a 02' NSX next time

Exactly! There will always be other NSXs to buy. I had one for a year then sold it when my kid came. A few years later I picked up another one. I'll probably sell it when I get bored and buy another one in a few years.

Its very easy to understand your paranoia about the car. I felt like that with my first one, but for some reason I just don't fell the same way about this one. I don't want anything to happen to it, but its just a car that can be fixed in the event something bad happens. I drive mine 15k miles a year and will continue to do so until the motor falls out or I sell it. An NSX with low miles is a crime. Let the Ferraris sit in the garages. Our cars were meant to be driven IMO.

I'm sure we'll see you around here again soon. Good luck!!

PaulL.....glad you love the car so much. I was hoping you had changed your mind after the test drive, however I knew it was gone after those few quick acceleration runs we did. No man can say no to the car after that..... You'll be amazed what that car will do....... I've taken corners so fast that I'm thinking "the tires have got to give sooner or later..." but they never do....not even a chirp.

Anyway, who knows what car I'll end up with. Maybe another NSX someday.... but for now it'll be fun just looking at what else is out there. Every car I get into I have to say...."it's no NSX...so don't compare it to one".

thanks for the support guys

Hi from NM.
Two years ago, when I moved from NYC to NM, I had
my '91 Black/Black NSX shipped out here. I live in the high desert
of NM. The roads where I bought my house were dirty and dusty for about 1.5
miles before blacktop. I also had a Jeep Wrangler which negotiated
the roads alot better than my NSX with 5" clearance.

I decided to sell my NSX. It took a matter of days before someone
flew out and grabbed it up at the price I offered.

Flash forward two months. The Jeep was fun, but after owning
a sport car since I was 17 (now 57), I began watching other people's
cars go by. I felt something was missing. Maybe it was that close
cockpit seating or just the way a small car negotiates turns with your butt
just above the pavement.

OK. I succumbed. I bought a Boxster. It was nice having the convertible
and the Tiptronic transmission. I had the Porsche for about 5 months.

One day while driving back from to El Paso, I passed a red/black topped NSX.
It seemed lower and wider than I remembered. I forgot the acute angle of the nose dipping toward the road ahead. The car I saw was likely
a '91-93 or so (11 years old at the time), but it looked so different from any
thing on the road. I had forgotten the sense of exclusivity owning an NSX.

Flash ahead one week. The Boxster was for sale and I began my search for
another NSX, preferably a Targa in my favorite color-- yellow. I found one in Oregon for a more than I wanted to spend, but I decided to take the plunge.

Once an NSXer, always an NSXer (at heart). See you soon.

Good luck.

Larry T

newby said:

HaHa, you are right! I think about it every month or so, even to just get a '91 and use it as a daily driver, you know-- be COMFORTABLE driving it to WalMart, leaving it at the airport for those business trips, parking it outside without covering it . . .

It was my dream car for so many years before I owned one, hard to imagine it as a beater now. I think it may not be in my genes to not care about an NSX, but with the price point as low as it is these days, it sure is tempting . . . Kevin

I know the feeling. Things changed and the large monthly payment became a burdon. I have a Miata as a stop gap/ mental health device, but when I am able, I will be back in an NSX again.
Had an after thought. I too sold mine to a fellow nsxprimer. Ashok from N.J. (Not his screen name) Hey Mon! You still hang here?

my buddy with the viper put me to shame the other day. I made some comment to him about secretly yerning for an NSX and he probably switches his NSX posters around (to vipers) when I come over. :biggrin: I got a crack out of it until he said..."Yeah, those are sweet cars....I wish I knew someone who owned one" :frown: :frown:

If I see one on the road....I will be much more tempted. I still keep a photo of her on my desktop.... My problem is that it'd be hard to go to an earlier model (pre-97) after owning a 97.

It would definately be easier to use more often and not worry if I paid half the price....

I sold mine a couple of months ago with the idea of getting in on an investment property...well about a month ago we found a new developement with a house that the wife and I had to have, so long story short..we put a deposit on the house and decided to sell our current house and just forget about the beach condo (investment property)...needless to say, I'll be buying another NSX as soon as the dust settles on the transaction(s) :biggrin:
We just accepted an offer last week on our current home and the new house will be ready by mid August!!! :smile:

I miss my NSX!!! Driving the 4-Runner is like driving a school bus compared to my NSX and although my wifes 528 is a nice car to roll in, it still feels like driving a boat compared to the X...I CAN'T WAIT!!! :eek:

by the way...I made sure to keep my plates "GOT NSX" , knowing that I would have another one in the near future :biggrin:

Kinda ironic having a set of plates asking "GOT NSX" and having to answer NO :frown:

I'll soon be saying YES!!!

:confused: Mark,

Does your cel# still work? I can't reach you...I wanted to drop some vids off. let me know...

I can relate to your reasons for wanting to sell your NSX...I feel exactly the same way! I've only had my 2000 Black T for six months but I've only driven it less than 1000 miles - it sits in the garage most of the time. I'm paranoid about parking it anywhere or driving it on anything other than a sunny Sunday drive.

It's not the cost that bothers me, my car had only 6K miles on it when I got it and it's absolutely perfect. It appeared as though the original owner had never even driven it. I live in fear of that first scratch or blemish.

On the driving side, I love the roar of the intake on acceleration but it could certainly use another 100+ HP and more torque. If I decide to keep mine, I'll add a new intake, exhaust and super charger. I've already added a flat panel Eclipse Nav system in the dash (it looks killer) and larger BBS wheels.

If I sell my NSX I'll replace it immediately but I don't know what will work for me. I definitley want a convertable, two seater, plenty of power and relaibility. I traded my M roadster for the NSX and I have a handful of BMWs so I may get the new version Z4 M due out early next year.

Scott

Back