• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sold your NSX to Get What?????

personally, having driven both several times each, i would take the new NSX all day over the current GTR. but i've also never been a fan of the GTR to be completely honest, even when they were new. the GTR may have a slight edge in performance (impressive considering its age) but the NSX is definitely fresher and more refined. the NSX also has more composure at speed in my opinion, less movement under loads. and if nothing else, it's a new car, it should take you a while to get bored with it... :wink:

Thanks for the insight, I totally agree the GT-R isn't for everyone... It is a bit of a sledgehammer when compared to the scalpel that is the NSX, though swinging a sledgehammer is pretty fun now and then! ;) I have been looking at Valencia Red's but I think I missed the boat on most of the good deals sadly...

When I sold my NSX, I determined to go in as opposite a direction as possible. It's been almost a year and I don't think I'll ever love this Mustang the way I loved my NSX. Nonetheless, it's a badass car in its own right and I do love driving it around town.
DSC_3906.jpg

IMG_4761.jpg

DSC_3875.jpg

DSC_3912.jpg

I applied the ‘try it before you buy it’ theory to this dilemma so bought an F-type Coupe thinking that I would love the drive as much as the looks and then when ready, keep the Jag and let someone else enjoy the NSX ... 15 months on and the NSX is still here but I seem to have misplaced the F-type .... it just never ‘bonded’ in the way the NSX bonds with us ...

I applied the ‘try it before you buy it’ theory to this dilemma so bought an F-type Coupe thinking that I would love the drive as much as the looks and then when ready, keep the Jag and let someone else enjoy the NSX ... 15 months on and the NSX is still here but I seem to have misplaced the F-type .... it just never ‘bonded’ in the way the NSX bonds with us ...
Hmmmmm.... what engine was in your F Type?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Sold my 2002 nsx for a 2018 porsche gt3 with a stick.
Still have a couple a couple of sets of after market wheels if anyone is interested. lol

If I do get rid of my 03 LBBP/CTSC, which is on sale........for now until I change my mine. I am putting into the apartment I just bought in Manhattan, someone has to pay for the construction!

Do it soon if you can. The next Porsche GT cars will be turbo cars. A gt3 touring would be amazing, but get a regular one and then swap out the wing when you get it. That way you have the best of both worlds.

The only car i consider selling my NSX for.... is a Honda S2000. I had an 03 “pre-children” and i miss driving it every day.

My NSX tends to sit under the car cover. I can’t really daily drive it and the weather is eaither too cold or too windy to want to take it out. I wouldn’t be so picky about driving the S2000

After selling two previous NSX's and regretting it every time, I vowed to never sale my current one.
I'll just be car poor and add to the collection :tongue:

Picked up a car I've been obsessing over lately.... finally got me a twin turbo:biggrin:

Granted it's only a 2.0L 4 banger, but a twin turbo nonetheless :tongue:

Picked up a barely used (9,100 miles) 2015 cpo Bmw 428i in Alpine White a couple weeks ago for about 40% off the original window sticker she came with...had to drive out to Phoenix to get her but it was worth the 5 hr drive, she was minty af!!!

Can't wait to get her looking even better...already modding her!!!

26169613407_fb16e1c650_k_d.jpg

27197739378_7e774cb0df_k_d.jpg

41020312542_6a35096950_k_d.jpg

The more things change....the more they stay the same......this was my old silver squad circa 2006
41003161961_0b875a1c75_o_d.jpg

And the newest editions..the stormtroopers

40110151115_ae9c454767_o_d.jpg

41286084692_59ff130c4f_k_d.jpg

Had her lowered a few weeks ago!!

26963670457_358ee414b3_o_d.jpg

Last edited:
I bought a 997 turbo cab in 2016 to replace the NSX but ended up keeping both over a year now. I really needed backseats for the little ones and I didn't love the turbo. So I just picked up something a bit closer related to the NSX. Lotus Evora 400. Unfortunately, selling the NSX and the 997.

2018-03-03_13-20-51_814.jpeg

Last edited:
nice..hey Ted if you just put 2 little back seats in the new nsx you would have had 2 more sales!!!:tongue:

Hmmmmm.... what engine was in your F Type?

I had the V6 Coupe ... 340hp ... the 380 only produces the extra ponies at the very top end ... also drove a modded to 420 which was great but as above, lovely car that it is, it doesn’t have whatever it is about the NSX that makes it get under skin ...

fair assessment! I drove the 340 on a whim -- wasnt even considering the F type -- and was smitten. Now, the 550 that I eventually purchased... well, it's quite the hooligan. :)

Been thinking of getting rid of my 97’ for a Maserati GranTourismo MC Stradale. I have four kids and it has the best back seat of any 2+2 out there. Then there is the fact that a recent surgery to repair a torn Achilles has left me with 70-80% nerve loss in my right leg from the knee down, which makes a three pedal car more difficult to drive as the deadened sensation makes it more difficult to feather the clutch . But I know I’ll always miss the NSX ... dilemmas!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only car i consider selling my NSX for.... is a Honda S2000. I had an 03 “pre-children” and i miss driving it every day.

My NSX tends to sit under the car cover. I can’t really daily drive it and the weather is eaither too cold or too windy to want to take it out. I wouldn’t be so picky about driving the S2000
It's nice to have a "worry-free" car, but I beg to differ with you on this one! They're different cars, but had I to choose, I wouldn't hesitate to sell the S2000 first.

Back