• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Some idiot killed my Crosstour but I killed his Tahoe.

At the epicenter of the Zombie Apocalypse
Jerk in a 2002 Tahoe makes a left turn from oncoming traffic right into my path. I hit him broadside at about 35 mph in the Crosstour...

crash_1.jpg

His Tahoe goes airborne for about 20 feet, lands on it's outside wheels then rolls abut 4 times coming to a stop on it's roof.

crash_4.jpg

Crosstour gets totaled by State Farm. Honda's ACE construction is really outstanding. The estimate to fix it was about $14K but since it suffered a minute amount of damage to the frame behind the firewall it was written off.

No one got hurt. Even though the police report clearly indicates the Tahoe driver failed to yield to oncoming traffic he was not cited! His statement to the police states that he did not see me. Even Hellen Keller or Ray Charles could see an oncoming Crosstour from 30 or so feet away.

Florida drivers suck. At least it didn't happen to Charlotte!

Last edited:
Re: Some idiot killed my Crosstour.

That....crosstour.......pushed OVER a........Tahoe......!!!?!?!?!

:eek:

:rolleyes::tongue:

.....:biggrin:
Honda%201.jpg

Glad to hear of your positive health!

Bummer for you and your Crosstour. I have one too. I'm glad you didn't get hurt. That is kinda funny that the Tahoe flipped. Damn.

IMG_4120110621BlueHondas.jpg

Last edited:
That is kinda funny that the Tahoe flipped. Damn.

A lot of SUVs roll over when hit in an accident. I was in a '99 4Runner when I was rear-ended at a stoplight by a Tahoe/Yukon Denali. They tried to swerve and hit me off-center towards the driver's side. The 4Runner rolled over onto its roof, and I had to crawl out the window.

Amazingly, the only injuries sustained were sprained wrists/neck (and a lost slipper).

Later I found out the 4Runner has something like a 2-star rollover rating. The center of gravity was too high, and it was too narrow.

I decided I never wanted to roll over again...so I bought an NSX.

Bummer for you and your Crosstour. I have one too. I'm glad you didn't get hurt. That is kinda funny that the Tahoe flipped. Damn.

Since I it him at about 35 mph broadside and with his high center of gravity it's really not that surprising. The Crosstour did an amazing job of absorbing the energy of the impact even considering a lot of the energy was transferred to the Tahoe. I've already replaced it with a one model year newer one.

yikes glad your OK is that why you were AWOL from prime for a few months back?

I miss your Iron Maiden avatar

Holy $hit. Glad that you weren't hurt.

Did you have any rifles in the trunk? If so, I'm surprised you didn't grab one and start shooting at the SUV. :biggrin:

The Tahoe must have snorted some bath salts earlier that day because it looks like it ate the face of your Honda Crosstour.

Your Crosstour was Zombie Attacked by a Tahoe!!

Well... atleast she did her job well and protected the owner!

Since I it him at about 35 mph broadside and with his high center of gravity it's really not that surprising. The Crosstour did an amazing job of absorbing the energy of the impact even considering a lot of the energy was transferred to the Tahoe. I've already replaced it with a one model year newer one.

Oh, I understand. I never really thought of the high CG in an impact. I had a RAV4 that I sold after getting the Crosstour and I never was very comfortable with the feeling of the high CG in it. The Crosstour has lots of ground clearance without having the high CG.

BTW, what did you replace yours with; color, model, etc? Do you go on the Crosstour forum? I'm on S2ki.com, NSXPrime and CrosstourOwnersClub.com. It's a very slow site but has some useful info at times, like all owners forums.

Hugh, you have some great photos to add to this Crosstour thread: Wrecked CT... am I the first?

Last edited:
Last edited:
Did you have any rifles in the trunk? If so, I'm surprised you didn't grab one and start shooting at the SUV. :biggrin:
when i read the title of the thread that's what i was imagining :)

glad you're unhurt, hugh.

Back