• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Some of you may appreciate this

DL-NA1 said:
Just wondering, what size was the turbo and was the motor built? Any numbers would be great. Thanks.
No turbo, it was done with a Novi 2000 supercharger.

Armando

Last edited:
Awesome. Love the colour too. When I had the full kit my front was lifting at speed exceeding 200km/hr. You might want to add extra downforce to the front.

DL-NA1 said:
That looks like the front mount intercooler from the Supra, anyways, I think the intercooler is way too big which will cause you more lag on whatever setup you plan on doing.

I don't believe you understand turbos, intercoolers, and the concept of lag then. No offense.

Juice said:
I don't believe you understand turbos, intercoolers, and the concept of lag then. No offense.

I guess I don't understand, maybe we can start another thread and you can teach me about it.... :wink:

KANE said:
This is the bracket in the engine compartment that bolts to the top of the strut tower, its what the strut tower bar attaches to. I needed a place at the rear of the engine compartment to attach the intercooler mounting frame, so we fabbed up these ears and tig welded them to the brackets. Then welded 6x1.25 factory acura nsx nuts to the back. I will send the brackets out to be powder coated once the intercooler frame is done. Now I have stock looking mounting points at the rear of the engine compartment.

Nice job. Someone is sure nice with the TIG welder! nice welds!

Here are todays pics. You can see the car with the jgtc exhaust before the turbo and y pipe are installed, and the different angles of the turbo and y pipe once they are installed. I will be starting on the piping tomorrow.

Attachments

• turbo1.jpg
    turbo1.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 2,981
  • turbo2.jpg
    turbo2.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 3,600
  • turbo3.jpg
    turbo3.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 2,944
todays pics. intercooler mounting frame completed, also weld pads welded to the intercooler.

Attachments

• wed1.jpg
    wed1.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 2,381
  • wed2.jpg
    wed2.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 2,334
  • wed3.jpg
    wed3.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 2,334
  • wed4.jpg
    wed4.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 2,363
  • wed5.jpg
    wed5.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 2,351
more pics

Attachments

• wed6.jpg
    wed6.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 2,321
  • wed7.jpg
    wed7.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 2,305
  • wed8.jpg
    wed8.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 2,389
  • wed9.jpg
    wed9.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 2,392
  • wed10.jpg
    wed10.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 2,658
My vote Volks

ya I ended up with volk le 37's 18&19 gold centers. I actually forgot the camera yesterday....sorry guys. I did the pressurized oil feed line for the turbo, and dropped the oil pan to weld in the fitting for the oil return line from the turbo. everything is back together underneath and no oil leaks so I am pretty happy. Hopefully I will start on the intercooler piping tonight or tomorrow, I have been doing a widebody on a rx7 for a friend at the same time so my time is divided. I will post pics of the progress underneath tonight if I make it back down there or tomorrow at the latest.

still ahead:
Audio
Big brakes
Vertical doors
Flame throwers
Interior
Hydraulic dancing bed

KANE said:
ya I ended up with volk le 37's 18&19 gold centers. I actually forgot the camera yesterday....sorry guys. I did the pressurized oil feed line for the turbo, and dropped the oil pan to weld in the fitting for the oil return line from the turbo. everything is back together underneath and no oil leaks so I am pretty happy. Hopefully I will start on the intercooler piping tonight or tomorrow, I have been doing a widebody on a rx7 for a friend at the same time so my time is divided. I will post pics of the progress underneath tonight if I make it back down there or tomorrow at the latest.

still ahead:
Audio
Big brakes
Vertical doors
Flame throwers
Interior
Hydraulic dancing bed

Send me the drawings on the dancing bed :biggrin:

Armando

Once the prototype is functional I will have a group buy. I think the demand for an nsx dancing bed is going to be huge. Next will be an nsx/ el camino conversion. I am going to call it the n-s-ecks-camino

todays pics: lexan rear hatch arrived, in the pic it still has the protective film on it, it is going out to be cnc water jet cut for vents tomorrow. you can see the beginnings of the intercooler piping. 2 pics of the turbo setup, the oiling system is complete and you can see the tial wastegate.

Attachments

• thursday1.jpg
    thursday1.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 2,263
  • thursday2.jpg
    thursday2.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 2,493
  • thursday3.jpg
    thursday3.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 2,157
I have to agree with others -I just do not see how anyone will ever be able to beat this build-up thread. This is without a doubt the coolest build-up I have ever seen. The work looks to be first rate all the way. I can't wait to the see the next series of pictures. Thanks for taking the time to take the pictures and post them.

Back