• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sorry to tell you folks, the NSX is NOT an exotic.

I know. I had an 01, which I bought new In my five years of ownership I:

1. Never pulled a muscle getting in or out.

2. Never had to install a new steering rack because the old one was bad from new.

3. Never had the shifter not go into reverse because of a part that was supposed to be there was never installed.

3. Could trust the speedometer because it was accurate.

4. Never had little bits and screws fall off and wonder where they belonged.

5. Never had to replace bad switches.

6. In fact, never had anything break on the car that I needed warranty service for.

7. Could put my gym bag in the trunk and still have room to do light shopping at Costco.

8. Never had to drive 1.25 hours to my closest dealer.

9. Could move my passenger seat.

Now, my Lotus Elise.... thats EXOTIC with Brittish charm and character; minus the oil leaks of course, because it's powered by Toyota. I do really enjoy the Elise though. It reminds me of my MGA, except it's faster and sticks to the road like no other.

My advice to you NSX owners. keep them as long as you can. There are no more and I don't think they will be replaced with anyting better, or even equal.

Do I regret selling mine? Yes, of course, but it was the right thing for me to do. I needed a change.. thats just me.

What is the purpose of this thread? I just wanted to come back to prime for old time's sake. I don't visit it much... makes me homesick i guess.
MikeC

mikec said:
4. Never had little bits and screws fall off and wonder where they belonged.

Yeah that's what I miss the least about the Ferrari 308 I had...all the fun I had wondering why stuff fell off the car and rattled loose on a regular basis...

Oh and all the electrical demons that could not be exersised...oh and the water leaks in the interior...oh and that the interior that smelled just like my Fiat 131....oh and..........

It's funny how Hondas build quality, and parts quality is superior to that of automakers who have nothing but a reputation for building exotics, and or supercars. :cool:

Ones that cost two and three times as much at that.

Back