• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SOS/Downforce Sport Wide Front Fender Owners

I just realized what I wrote, I was referring to the stock fenders at a grand a piece. Rather pay that for a set of replacement fenders that are wider.

Last edited:
here are some photos of the downforce fenders on our track car. its basically a wider jdm fender to help clear big brake kits and open up the selection of wheels for owners wanting to run a bit of an aggressive offset.

Attachments

• fen01.jpg
    fen01.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 655
  • fen02.jpg
    fen02.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 578
  • fen03.jpg
    fen03.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 616
here are some photos of the downforce fenders on our track car. its basically a wider jdm fender to help clear big brake kits and open up the selection of wheels for owners wanting to run a bit of an aggressive offset.

What size tire is that in the photo. It appears to be a R888 and a 235/40 ???

*drool* I so desperately need to NOT go to the Downforce website...my credit cards escape my wallet everytime I do and I don't know how much longer I can convince them to get back in without buying SOMETHING!

Great products. :thumb up:

Bump. This seems like an overlooked product. One issue many have with 18/19 setups is not so much weight as there are some very very light forged 18 and 19 wheels. The problem is tires. Short of the yokohama S drives, there isn't much selection for the NSX front because once you step up in width or diameter slightly, you rub.

Seems like a pair of these fenders would open all sorts of possibilities. Earlier in this thread Kip Olson posted that he is running a 245 front on a 9" wheel with no rubbing. Quite remarkable.

With a set of these you can get many tires. Michelin super sports, pilot sport cups, all sorts of great tires suddenly work. Maintain the factory ratio for the TCS to work properly with a larger diameter rear and you are golden. Is it too much work for people? A fender is basically a bolt-on. You can go right back to OEM if need be. This seems like a huge problem solver.

I put a 255 on my 17 x 8.5" front and only rubs on extreme lock :) (Track day wheels).

so can you give some feedback on the quality/fitment of the fender? how is the weight? Last, can ypu post your complete wheel/tire/suspension setup please? much appreciated!

Last edited:
so can you give some feedback on the quality/fitment of the fender? how is the weight? Last, can ypu post your complete wheel/tire/suspension setup please? much appreciated!

Weight was comparable to OEM. Using BBS LM1's and KW v3's... can't quite remember the offset, i'll check for ya :)

I have the DF fenders installed on my car.
They sure look good but it was a MAJOR pain to install:redface:
The issue came from the fact they protuded by more than 1 cm in width at the junction with the door.
Not easy to fix....
I'm running 17*8 CE 28s wheels with 230/40*17 R888 tires.
My offset is higher than normal due to the use of 322*32 disks...
74a544cc.jpg

ce6a7ecc.jpg

I just don't get how 5mm of additional clearance would make any difference. When I ran 225 front tires I destroyed my fender liners, especially the finned part in front of the wheels. The only way these allow you to run the oem fender liners is if there's not much difference from the oem fenders... But I haven't seen them in person or tried them.

I just don't get how 5mm of additional clearance would make any difference. When I ran 225 front tires I destroyed my fender liners, especially the finned part in front of the wheels. The only way these allow you to run the oem fender liners is if there's not much difference from the oem fenders... But I haven't seen them in person or tried them.

Hey Nero, I have these DF wide front fenders on my NSX and let me tell you they make a BIG difference in clearance. It's not 5mm more like 10mm to half inch difference. You can't even tell that it's an aftermarket fender either. They look stock. I'm running 18x8.5 front et31 with 215/35-18 Dunlop DZ101 and i still have plenty of clearance in the front. And I'm running 19x10.5 et25 rear with 265/30-19 and I also still have plenty of clearance in the rear too. I am planning on changing my tires size out to 225/35-18 front and 285 or 275/30-19 rears. If you want to take a look at the DF wide fenders just hit me up :wink:

Here's a couple picture of the DF wide fenders on my car...
IMG_03471.JPG

BC21.JPG

BC11.JPG

Caroline did you have a fitment issue like CB72?

Hey TURBO2GO, the quality on the fender is pretty nice and decent. They look factory too. Require some work but nothing a body shop can't do :wink:. They are pretty light as well almost as light as the stock fenders. I am running 18x8.5 et31 front with 215/35-18 Dunlop DZ101. I still have plenty of clearance so I am planning on changing the tires out to 225/35-18 :biggrin:

I think this might be the ticket to going 18/19 with some awesome tires to boot. Have any of you guys scraped the front vented plastic? How is the fitment of the factory liner on this?

Caroline I was always wondering about your euro side marker... Now I get it.

Perhaps CB72 got one of the worse fitting ones? I guess low production by hand is inconsistent. Another nice thing is a front fender bender with these saves your OEM fender. If you are that unlucky.

I think this might be the ticket to going 18/19 with some awesome tires to boot. Have any of you guys scraped the front vented plastic? How is the fitment of the factory liner on this?

Caroline I was always wondering about your euro side marker... Now I get it.

Perhaps CB72 got one of the worse fitting ones? I guess low production by hand is inconsistent. Another nice thing is a front fender bender with these saves your OEM fender. If you are that unlucky.

I still have my vented plastic there and it doesn't scrap. You can still used the factory liner as well. I kept mines off because the ones that was on there were old looking and I never got a chance to get some new ones. I probably not gonna buy new ones and undercoat it instead. I don't know yet. It's not a big deal :smile:

Like i said it will require some prep work but nothing a body shop can't do :wink:

Hey Nero, I have these DF wide front fenders on my NSX and let me tell you they make a BIG difference in clearance. It's not 5mm more like 10mm to half inch difference. You can't even tell that it's an aftermarket fender either. They look stock. I'm running 18x8.5 front et31 with 215/35-18 Dunlop DZ101 and i still have plenty of clearance in the front. And I'm running 19x10.5 et25 rear with 265/30-19 and I also still have plenty of clearance in the rear too. I am planning on changing my tires size out to 225/35-18 front and 285 or 275/30-19 rears. If you want to take a look at the DF wide fenders just hit me up :wink:

Here's a couple picture of the DF wide fenders on my car...
IMG_03471.JPG

BC21.JPG

BC11.JPG

I would love to see them in person, will check it out at the next meet. The 5mm numbers comes straight from downforce- you don't have rubbing problems bc you are running a 215 tire even though it's an 8.5" wheel. I have seen that setup and it is a bit stretched and if you don't have a bead protector it exposes the wheel lip to damage. I personally have a hard time accepting that especially with expensive wheels! I would be curious to check out your clearance at full lock if you don't mind showing me?

Last edited:
Hey TURBO2GO, the quality on the fender is pretty nice and decent. They look factory too. Require some work but nothing a body shop can't do :wink:. They are pretty light as well almost as light as the stock fenders. I am running 18x8.5 et31 front with 215/35-18 Dunlop DZ101. I still have plenty of clearance so I am planning on changing the tires out to 225/35-18 :biggrin:
It all depends on what you call light:rolleyes:
There is no way you could get a fender as light as the original except maybe with true carbon fiber?
From what I remember the DF fenders are twice the weight of the original.
Who cares?

Caroline did you have a fitment issue like CB72?

I think what CB72 is talking about is aligning isn't easy but if you take you time you can get it to line up real nice. At first when I was test fitting the fenders they were a bit off but after some adjustment I got it to fit and sit nice like factory. If you decided to get the DF wide fenders let me know I can help you to get it to fit and sit like it should fit :wink:

I would love to see them in person, will check it out at the next meet. The 5mm numbers comes straight from downforce- you don't have rubbing problems bc you are running a 215 tire even though it's an 8.5" wheel. I have seen that setup and it is a bit stretched and if you don't have a bead protector it exposes the wheel lip to damage. I personally have a hard time accepting that especially with expensive wheels! I would be curious to check out your clearance at full lock if you don't mind showing me?

Front and rear tires is a bit stretch. From the look of the front and rear fenders I still have plenty of clearance so I am planning on changing out the tires to wider tires. I like to have a little more meat on the side walls plus it looks better :biggrin:

I think what CB72 is talking about is aligning isn't easy but if you take you time you can get it to line up real nice. At first when I was test fitting the fenders they were a bit off but after some adjustment I got it to fit and sit nice like factory. If you decided to get the DF wide fenders let me know I can help you to get it to fit and sit like it should fit :wink:
I suppose you got a better pair than I did:redface:
f0f90807.jpg

472f4372.jpg

I suppose you got a better pair than I did:redface:
f0f90807.jpg

472f4372.jpg

Wow :eek:! You know what? I sure did get a much better pair than yours. Weird how it's from the same company but different fitment huh? Now i see what TURBO2GO was talking about. That suks! Anyways, it is what it is. I guess i was lucky :smile:

So did you end up getting it to fit better or at least closer? Any picture of your car all installed and painted? Like a side view of the car? I would like to see how it look please :smile:

Last edited:
I have the DF fenders installed on my car.
They sure look good but it was a MAJOR pain to install:redface:
The issue came from the fact they protuded by more than 1 cm in width at the junction with the door.
Not easy to fix....
I'm running 17*8 CE 28s wheels with 230/40*17 R888 tires.
My offset is higher than normal due to the use of 322*32 disks...
74a544cc.jpg

ce6a7ecc.jpg

NVM I see it right here. It looks nice here! Guess it wasn't that bad of a fitment after all. If you was just holding it against the car I'm sure it will look like it doesn't really fit well. But once you lock it down align it you should be good. Some prep work blocking and sanding should be ready for paint. You just have to know what you doing when you work on these type of stuff. And for sure it will take some times. Like i said nothing a body shop can't do, Well at least a good body shop :wink: :smile:

Back