• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SOS go fast pedals

Finally got around to installing these pedals, Christmas gift. :biggrin:

8317P1010003-med.JPG

8317P1010004-med.JPG

very nice... are these the brushed ones?? Are they pretty grippy or do they slip from your foot sometimes? I hated my friends because if your foot got a little wet it would slip off all the time.

Thanks! These are the NSX specific Billet Aluminum Racing Pedals - NSX textured finish. They grip better than the oem covers even when wet.

Mynsxjoy Thanks! These are the NSX specific Billet Aluminum Racing Pedals - NSX textured finish. They grip better than the oem covers even when wet.

All except the gas pedal. I've got them in two cars (NSX and Eagle Talon) and the gas pedal can get a bit on the slick side if your shoes are wet. I think it should be grippier.

I see AutoVation doesn't make these any more:

pedalsfinal.jpg

That's too bad, I kind of like the logo but I guess the dimples grip better. On a related note, the brake pedal only needs to be about 1/4" wide of the right side because that's all I use with all the heel-toeing I do. It's actually starting to wear down!

Mynsxjoy said:
Finally got around to installing these pedals, Christmas gift. :biggrin:

8317P1010003-med.JPG

8317P1010004-med.JPG
I have those pedals also and I think they are the cheapest thing I have ever seen. They have the same quality as melting down an aluminum can in shop class. I paid $100 for them and they have sat in the box ever since I recieved them. Sorry to be negative but I am extremely disapointed in them.

martini-1 said:
I have those pedals also and I think they are the cheapest thing I have ever seen. They have the same quality as melting down an aluminum can in shop class. I paid $100 for them and they have sat in the box ever since I recieved them. Sorry to be negative but I am extremely disapointed in them.

I have to say this response surprised me greatly. How can you be disappointed in them if you have not installed them? :confused:

First and foremost, the pedals are made to functional with the least amount of weight and bulk possible. They give much better grip than stock and are easier to heel/toe with. They will NOT come loose on the track like what happened when I used Razo's. This was the original purpose of why these pedals were designed.

Lastly, the gas pedal is intentionly made with a smooth surface to allow your foot to slide easily on the accelerator during heel/toe manuevers. You do not want your foot to "grip" the accelerator (especially critical with racing shoes).

How can I be disappointed??? Look atr them. UGLY & cheap. If I was worried about the weight of the pedals, I would be removing a lot of other parts from my car. The weight is not an issue or an advantage to me. Second, I personally think they look so cheap that I can't fathom putting them on such a beautiful car. You have your opinion and I have mine. I am going to burn these pieces of crap in a camp fire.

I have to come down on the side of Martini-1 on this one. I think the pedals look a little cheap and flimsy. I wish the quality & appearance were equal to the price charged for this item. Based upon the looks, I would think $25 would be about right. These look like you could find them at Grand Auto (remember them?) Sorry, that is how I see it.

martini-1 said:
How can I be disappointed??? Look atr them. UGLY & cheap. If I was worried about the weight of the pedals, I would be removing a lot of other parts from my car. The weight is not an issue or an advantage to me. Second, I personally think they look so cheap that I can't fathom putting them on such a beautiful car. You have your opinion and I have mine. I am going to burn these pieces of crap in a camp fire.
May be you should give me those " Cheap " pedal covers, I already have a set, but I can give those to some one who will use and appreciate them. TIA Eiffel. :smile:

I agree with Cairo94507 on what the price should be. I may not personnaly like these but others may so if any of you Prime members want these, I will sell them new in the box for $25 ($100 new). Send a PM if you want them.

martini-1 said:
I agree with Cairo94507 on what the price should be. I may not personnaly like these but others may so if any of you Prime members want these, I will sell them new in the box for $25 ($100 new). Send a PM if you want them.

PM sent!

Whoa Martini! Down Boy!

I'd like to know where you bought them, and why you ordered them in the first place? They do exactly what they are supposed to - allow better foot control of your pedals. I've had the install and review of these on my site for over a year, and you can clearly see what they are made of from the AutoVation site, so how did you end up with them? Impulse buy?

If you paid the money and didn't use them - return them and get your money back. This $25 cry of yours hold very little water unless you commonly make $75 point proving sessions.

Don't like the look? Anodize them black and won't see them at all.

Or you could try them and THEN bitch up a storm - they'll still be worth $25 used. :smile:

I'll give you $35 for them ? I want to see how cheap they are in person. I'll pay shipping too...

martini-1 said:

AutoVation said:
I have to say this response surprised me greatly. How can you be disappointed in them if you have not installed them? :confused:

First and foremost, the pedals are made to functional with the least amount of weight and bulk possible. They give much better grip than stock and are easier to heel/toe with. They will NOT come loose on the track like what happened when I used Razo's. This was the original purpose of why these pedals were designed.

Lastly, the gas pedal is intentionly made with a smooth surface to allow your foot to slide easily on the accelerator during heel/toe manuevers. You do not want your foot to "grip" the accelerator (especially critical with racing shoes).
What kind of aluminum are the pedals made from, I checked your web site but could not find any info.

Last edited:
Definitely look better than the oem rubber ones. If anybody has a set they want to sell let me know.

Tony,

I appreciate the effort that you have made to come up with a great looking set of pedals, I get many compliments. If they were not quality pedals, I'm sure that Science of Speed would not offer them for sale. Keep up the great work.

Brad

Zennsx said:
Looks like cast aluminum??

Actually casting does not give enough of a sharp gripping edge on the raised areas. Also, the cost to produce a casting mold would cause these to be about 4x their current cost.

They are CNC milled, surface finished by hand, re-sanded by hand and CNC bent.

B-rad said:
Tony,

I appreciate the effort that you have made to come up with a great looking set of pedals, I get many compliments. If they were not quality pedals, I'm sure that Science of Speed would not offer them for sale. Keep up the great work.

Brad

Thanks for the compliments, they are much appreciated! :smile:

nsxbuilder said:
Whoa Martini! Down Boy!

I'd like to know where you bought them, and why you ordered them in the first place? They do exactly what they are supposed to - allow better foot control of your pedals. I've had the install and review of these on my site for over a year, and you can clearly see what they are made of from the AutoVation site, so how did you end up with them? Impulse buy?

If you paid the money and didn't use them - return them and get your money back. This $25 cry of yours hold very little water unless you commonly make $75 point proving sessions.

Don't like the look? Anodize them black and won't see them at all.

Or you could try them and THEN bitch up a storm - they'll still be worth $25 used. :smile:
Screw it, I bought them for cosmetic reasons and I felt like I got ripped. I actually had my dealer and a friend laugh at them. I would rather just get rid of them to someone who may enjoy them but I have NO DESIRE to keep them. I guess I don't like wasting money but I don't care if I sel them for $25. It will make someone happy

After having them on for awhile. I must say I really like the feel of the pedals. You can really tell a difference. As for looks I think they look sporty not over stated. Very happy with product. :biggrin:

martini-1 said:
Screw it, I bought them for cosmetic reasons and I felt like I got ripped. I actually had my dealer and a friend laugh at them. I would rather just get rid of them to someone who may enjoy them but I have NO DESIRE to keep them. I guess I don't like wasting money but I don't care if I sel them for $25. It will make someone happy
I dont really care what they look like(within reason), if they are funtional I will take them(if they havent already been sold)
I was planning on getting a set just havent taken the time to look into it yet.

Back