• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SOS go fast pedals

Wow, I was surprised to hear people think these pedals are cheap looking. I think they are one of the most impressive parts we sell, especially for the cost. It's important to note that these pedals are CNC machined using 6061 T6 aluminum. Not cheap material, and certainly not cheap manufacturing. These are higher quality than any aftermarket pedal I have ever seen, including Mugen pedals, which are die-stamped. Personally, after having quite a bit of machining experience, I think the price ($80.00 for the machine finish, $99.00 for the textured finish) is cheap!

You can see a picture of the new design with the extended gas pedal (which was a recommendation by Larry B after installing several sets below and on our site.

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/interior_performance_products/NSX/Autovation/

billet_al_pedals.jpg

Regards,
-- Chris

Chris@SoS said:
You can see a picture of the new design with the extended gas pedal (which was a recommendation by Larry B after installing several sets below and on our site.

Regards,
-- Chris
I have an improvement feature for the gas pedal - who do I contact?

Chris@SoS said:
Wow, I was surprised to hear people think these pedals are cheap looking. I think they are one of the most impressive parts we sell, especially for the cost. It's important to note that these pedals are CNC machined using 6061 T6 aluminum. Not cheap material, and certainly not cheap manufacturing. These are higher quality than any aftermarket pedal I have ever seen, including Mugen pedals, which are die-stamped. Personally, after having quite a bit of machining experience, I think the price ($80.00 for the machine finish, $99.00 for the textured finish) is cheap!

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/interior_performance_products/NSX/Autovation/

billet_al_pedals.jpg

Regards,
-- Chris

Chris,
Larry and I talked about the extended gas pedal but I did'nt know it was in production. I picked up a set of these pedals but would prefer the SOS gas pedal. Would you sell just the gas pedal? and if yes $$$$

Respond here or send me a PM

Thanks,

Climberao said:
Chris,
Larry and I talked about the extended gas pedal but I did'nt know it was in production. I picked up a set of these pedals but would prefer the SOS gas pedal. Would you sell just the gas pedal? and if yes $$$$

Respond here or send me a PM

Thanks,

You've got PM.

CHRIS, PLEASE RESPOND TO MY PM & EMAIL< THANKS! :smile:

Aaron J :)

Here is a photo of the new pedals ( purchased from SOS ) with the wider throttle pedal that I just installed in my car - I posted this so everyone can see the spacing between the brake and throttle (with the new design throttle pedal) installed in a car. I think they look great and work exactly as designed. Blipping the throttle on downshifts is no big deal now and they are very grippy. I removed the hard plastic cover from the gas pedal and used 4mm flat head screws with locking nuts from the hardware store, because I have an aversion to self tapping screws. However this made it necessary to use a hole saw to make a 1/2" hole ( you can see it at the bottom of the photo ) in the throttle stop to allow clearance for the screw and lock nut so the throttle would open completely. I actually used the same hardware for the remaining pedals, because 4mm locknuts are much smaller than the locknuts included with the kit which allows a slightly greater range of possible placements for the brake and clutch pedals ( the actual pedal lever welded to the back of the pedal pad dictates where the screws can be located - my size 13 shoes make every mm important).

I agree with Chris @ SOS that they are very high quality - I highly recommend them.
-

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 418
Last edited:
Looks great and I agree the pedals are high quality. I have not had time to install mine but thanks for the information on placement and securing the pedals. Did you get the foot rest with your kit and if yes, is there a reason you did not install it?

Thanks for the photos and the new throttle pedal is a much better design than the older pedal :biggrin:

Climberao said:
Looks great and I agree the pedals are high quality. I have not had time to install mine but thanks for the information on placement and securing the pedals. Did you get the foot rest with your kit and if yes, is there a reason you did not install it?

Thanks for the photos and the new throttle pedal is a much better design than the older pedal :biggrin:

Honestly, my back was starting to kill me from working down in the pedal box so I quit after putting on the first three pedals. I may go back and put the footrest in or not - I'm actually starting to like the look of it as it is now so who knows.

I've got a set no complaints.. very happy.

Back