• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SOS Stereo Audiouphile Question

Hey Guys,

Just installing the SOS (Stage 1) Stereo Audiophile system and could use a little help.

I have installed the new door speakers (using the existing Bose wiring) and I am now trying to get the signal from my amplifier (in the trunk) to these speakers.

I have read that it is much easier to "terminate at the head unit" because running speaker wire through the doors is a pain. The wiring harness adpater I was sent from SOS (factory head unit to aftermarket amp) does not have any available wires to connect to or splice into for speakers (it appears to only have wires for +12V, Remote, Ground, Etc). This would mean that I would need to cut into the factory harness in my dash, which is something I am definitely trying to avoid.

I put a link to the wiring harness I purchased below. I purchased it because I am retaining my factory head unit.

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produ...d/ProFormance_Audiophile/stereo_wire_harness/

So basically, how can I use my factory speaker wiring without having to cut wires off the harness?

Btw, I am (trying) to follow the SOS supplied instructions as well as the post found here on this forum by D'ecosse (with some really good pointers from SMYLDOC

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51961&highlight=audiophile&page=2

Also, if anyone has a picture of how the amplifier hooks up to the engine fuse box that would be great as well. I think D'Ecosse's pics are no longer working.

Thanks!

I'm thinking you can cut the speaker wires around center of the harness. Cap off the end coming out of the OEM HU side, and attach the speaker wires from the amp to the other end of the harness which leads to the speakers.

I think the speaker wires are the purple and green wires, but you'll want to double check with SOS just to make sure.

What exactly do you want to see/know in regards to the amp-fuse box hook up? Maybe I can guide you through it. I can take pictures but it won't be until next week.

Guys,

Thanks a bunch for the offers of help.

SMYLDOC - As per your recommendation on the regional forum, I contacted Joe Mills here in town to assist with the rest of the installation.

Back