• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SourceNSX (now) Turbocharged Photoshoot

Some of you may recognize this car from the last epic photoshoot that went down last summer. To this day, Brian's 'sourceNSX' is still one of my favorite cars of all time to shoot, and It only gets better when he keeps outdoing himself.

What's better than a supercharged nsx? How about a Turbocharged nsx? How about a GT35, stmpo/afi collector, Rc 550's, AEM Full Standalone and just about everything else a custom job? Not to mention some new Advan RZ's in 18"/19" setup. Brian is no joke when it comes to how gung-ho he is about his nsx's. I wouldn't be suprised if he had an nsx tattoo somewhere where you'd hope to never find a tattoo! Being a heavy influence in the nsx community, it only made sense for him to continually outdo himself, and I'm sure it hasn't stopped yet. With no part left untouched, Brian has truly put together a masterpiece he can call his own. Congrats Brian, and enjoy the ride...I'm sure you will!

Most static shots were layered with three 300w/s strobes and all shots were taken on a canon 1dmk2 with either the Canon 70-200 f2.8L IS lens or the Canon 17-40 F4L. The Rig shot was taken with a Tokina 11-16 f2.8 and an ND8 filter.

As always, if anyone is interested in setting up a shoot, please feel free to email me or hit me via my site. Enjoy!!

[email protected]
www.dkfxPhotography.com

Sickness.

Kidz got skillz.

Constructive thoughts:
-WW kit needs to be tidied up a bit. That skirt sag is very noticable.
-Black out the front intake gills. Looks too busy.
-Black out the grill in the WW skirts
-with all that go power, it's time to add more brakes, esp with those 18's up front.

Once again, its a badass car! I'm REALLY looking forward to getting my gunmetal Advan RS's on now! :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Last edited:
WW sideskirts are on the replacement list, Only reason they are not perfect.

Brakes are very soon to come.

I have been thinking about blackign out the front grill area thanks for making the decision easier.

BTW the first shot (with rig) is now my desktop.

Good to hear of the pending changes!

Looks great! I agree with blacking out the grills in black and the mesh. Other than that it looks great and please give us more pics on the engine bay and more feedback on your turbo set up for other guys who may be interested in the set up.

Nice pictures. My suggestions would be to clean up the rig selection you made (It's still visable). I like my rig shots to be a little sharper but overall nice shots.

OMG what a HOT NSX!!!

Just get that front center piece in black + the mesh on the side skirts also black and voila, PERFECT!

Brian has the every possible upgrade to a STMPO Stage one turbo...

gt35r turbo with a STMPO y-pipe complete turbo kit

View attachment 66635 View attachment 66633 View attachment 66634

Fuel system upgrade - welded an fittings not bolt ons with all black an's and black braided line

View attachment 66628 View attachment 66627 View attachment 66626

The STMPO oil scavenge system Brian has included

1) an Billet Oil Sump - bolt's to the turbo and collects oil in a reservoir for the pump to push

View attachment 66631 View attachment 66636 View attachment 66632

2) Tilton oil pump

3) Customized catch can to vent the crank case pressure off the valve covers AND CATCH THE OIL FROM THE SCAVAGE PUMP FOR A GRAVITY DRAIN INTO THE OIL PAN WITH OUT INCREASED PRESURE.

Turbo's drip oil.... it is not a high pressure in high pressure out system (think about it... most turbo's gravity feed oil back to the pan... gravity isnt needed in pressurized application)

With that said.... if you use a scavenge pump directly into the oil pan... you are pumping "air" more than water. This increases crank case pressure.

Brian’s turbo set up pumps the oil into the catch can which sits high in the engine compartment... the gravity line is almost straight up and down and extra pressure is released through the filters on the can.

View attachment 66629

V-banded Tial WG/BOV with black powdercoated charge piping...

Congrats again Brian....

Brian has the every possible upgrade to a STMPO Stage one turbo...

gt35r turbo with a STMPO y-pipe complete turbo kit

4502006411_86f748ec9e_b[1].jpg y-pipe installed.jpg y-pipe 1.jpg y-pipe 2.jpg nsx turbo air filter installed.jpg

Fuel system upgrade - welded an fittings not bolt ons with all black an's and black braided line

fuel system upgrade 3.jpg fuel system upgrade 2.jpg fuel system upgrade 1.jpg

The STMPO oil scavage syystem Brian has included

1) an Billet Oil Sump - bolt's to the turbo and collects oil in a resivior for the pump to push

P1000548.JPG P1000549.JPG P1000565.jpg turbo oil sump.jpg

2) Tilton oil pump

3) Customized catch can to vent the crank case pressure off the valve covers AND CATCH THE OIL FROM THE SCAVAGE PUMP FOR A GRAVITY DRAIN INTO THE OIL PAN WITH OUT INCREASED PRESURE.

Turbo's drip oil.... it is not a high pressure in high preassure out system (think about it... most turbo's gravity feed oil back to the pan... gravity isnt needed in pressurized application)

With that siad.... if you use a scavage pump directly into the oilpan... you are pumping "air" more than water. This increases crank case pressure.

Brians turbo set up pumps the oil into the catch can which sits high in the engine compartment... the gravity line is almost straight up and down and extra pressure is released through the filters on the can.

brians catch caN.jpg 4502006411_86f748ec9e_b[1].jpg

V-banded Tial WG/BOV with black powdercoated charge piping...

Congrats again Brian....

Also post videos of some fly bys please. :biggrin:

I am sure I will have some flyby vids after spring fling next weekend. Thanks for all the info Ross.

Thanks everyone for all of the positive and constructive comments.

Will get some interior shots up soon.

please let me know when you guys are headin to putnam or midohio or any local track...i'd love to come and shoot a bit. and we'll try to get the interior soon too ;)

unfortunately, i don't have any video capabilities though...i mean with sound at least, haha (8.5 fps joke, lolz)

this photography is very very intriguing! I LOVE IT!

Back