• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SourceNSX (now) Turbocharged Photoshoot

I am sure I will have some flyby vids after spring fling next weekend. Thanks for all the info Ross.

Thanks everyone for all of the positive and constructive comments.

Will get some interior shots up soon.

Yes you will! My new hd camera will be getting lots of footage!

Krsitin and I agree about blacking out the front and the WW skirt inlets. I think its funny how critical people are gonna be on your car now that it is so elite. It's kind of like being the President. Your car is nearly perfect. I would choose your car over the vast majority of supercars / exotics.

SUPER photos.
Looks great Brian! Pride of the 'Nati (as Blaine would say) :biggrin:

Hope to see your NSX soon.

Decided to leave out the stories of us getting kicked out of 3 or 4 spots hahaha :tongue:

Looking at the pictures....makes me want another one :frown:

I like the oil catch can idea.
There is a large stainless braided hose with a hose clamp on the catch can.
Where does this hose go to???

I like the oil catch can idea.
There is a large stainless braided hose with a hose clamp on the catch can.
Where does this hose go to???

I hope Brian doesn’t mind me answering this.... But the turbo kit installed includes a very sophisticated oil scavenging system. The stainless steel line runs from the oil pump. Having the combination of oil and air pumped directly into the catch can allows for the “pressure” to vent out through the catch can filters…. Then drain the oil back into the pan from the bottom of the reservoir. The pump also pulls oil from a cnc'ed billet sump housing bolting directly to the turbo....

turbo oil sump 2.jpg P1000565.jpg

When a scavenge system is set up to pump directly into an oil pan without any pressure breathers… crank case pressure increases dramatically and can blow the engines main seals in a short period of time. Our custom built catch cans allow the turbo scavenge system and the valve covers taps to vent into the same location. We also build them here in house to mount in any desired location… here are some pics of other cans we have designed

P1020164.jpg P1020165.jpg

keeping the “engine bay esthetics” consistent with modifications… aka – Proper Feng Shui

Stmpo, Thanks for the reply.

I'm designing a similar system for my own car. It has twin turbos and does burn some oil, perhaps from bad valve seals, but I thought a breather catch can could help. My system currently vents from the valve covers directly to atmosphere through somewhat restrictive hoses and fittings. I have been working on a catch can design with less restrictive breathing and internal baffles to eliminate the need for the breather filters.

I just realized the answer to my original question..... The large braided hose in the photo goes to the oil scavenger pump. Since the oil coming from the turbo is such small volume, I was planning on using a much smaller (i.e. 1/4 inch hose) from the oil pump to the baffled catch can.

Do you think a 1/4 inch hose would be too small? If so, what would be the smallest size you'd be comfortable with for 2 turbos using a Tilton oil pump?

Stmpo, Thanks for the reply.

I'm designing a similar system for my own car. It has twin turbos and does burn some oil, perhaps from bad valve seals, but I thought a breather catch can could help. My system currently vents from the valve covers directly to atmosphere through somewhat restrictive hoses and fittings. I have been working on a catch can design with less restrictive breathing and internal baffles to eliminate the need for the breather filters.

I just realized the answer to my original question..... The large braided hose in the photo goes to the oil scavenger pump. Since the oil coming from the turbo is such small volume, I was planning on using a much smaller (i.e. 1/4 inch hose) from the oil pump to the baffled catch can.

Do you think a 1/4 inch hose would be too small? If so, what would be the smallest size you'd be comfortable with for 2 turbos using a Tilton oil pump?

a twin turbo set up will have a pretty complex system as well... if done correctly... we are restricted with relativly low remote turbo placement in combination with needing to drain the oil to the pan... perhaps this would be better explained over the phone since so many questions would need to be answered in order to advise...

If you have the time.... 480-889-1483 - Ross

Regards

Back