• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Spacers on Stock 16/17 wheels?

I am looking for quality, lightweight spacers for my 2000 NSX with stock wheels (not lowered). I would like the wheels pushed to slightly less than flush with the fenders. As best as I can tell, I am thinking 25 mm in front and 30 mm in back would do the trick.

I see spacers for sale for cheap on Ebay but am concerned that they are not the right ones and are not of good quality. Dali Racing seems to be defunct and SOS doesn't seem to carry them anymore.

Where does the NSX Prime community go to find quality spacers these days?

I recall folks using H&R and Ichiba...try MITA motorsports

I am looking for quality, lightweight spacers for my 2000 NSX with stock wheels (not lowered). I would like the wheels pushed to slightly less than flush with the fenders. As best as I can tell, I am thinking 25 mm in front and 30 mm in back would do the trick.

I see spacers for sale for cheap on Ebay but am concerned that they are not the right ones and are not of good quality. Dali Racing seems to be defunct and SOS doesn't seem to carry them anymore.

Where does the NSX Prime community go to find quality spacers these days?

I recall folks using H&R and Ichiba...try MITA motorsports

Go with H&R. Very high quality. I used the 5mm version on my 91.

50794575896_6e668ee250_b.jpg

I have 25mm H&R spacers w/integrated studs all around. There are many resellers of these spacers, I would not buy from MITA--Marc is highly unprofessional.

I also recommend the H&R spacers with integrated studs (H&R TRAK+ Wheel Spacers DRM Series , https://trakplus.com/what).
I like that they are hubcentric which works well for stock wheels.
I believe 25mm is the largest that H&R has for the NSX wheel bore sizes.
In my opinion, 25mm is perfect for the fronts, whereas 25mm works for the rear but does not achieve the same amount of "flushness" as the 25mm in the front does.
I ran 25mm on the fronts and two 25mm spacers for a total of 50mm on the rears with stock 15/16 wheels on a '92. The rears were pretty aggressive, but looked perfect with the amount that my car was lowered.

You've got the right idea of needing a little more spacer in the rear, but I don't know if that can be achieved with the H&Rs.
Maybe 25mm in the rear with a stock 17" wheel (little wider than the earlier 16") at stock ride height will be good enough for you.
Additionally, the tires you're using do make/change the look.

I also recommend the H&R spacers with integrated studs (H&R TRAK+ Wheel Spacers DRM Series , https://trakplus.com/what).
I like that they are hubcentric which works well for stock wheels.
I believe 25mm is the largest that H&R has for the NSX wheel bore sizes.
In my opinion, 25mm is perfect for the fronts, whereas 25mm works for the rear but does not achieve the same amount of "flushness" as the 25mm in the front does.
I ran 25mm on the fronts and two 25mm spacers for a total of 50mm on the rears with stock 15/16 wheels on a '92. The rears were pretty aggressive, but looked perfect with the amount that my car was lowered.

You've got the right idea of needing a little more spacer in the rear, but I don't know if that can be achieved with the H&Rs.
Maybe 25mm in the rear with a stock 17" wheel (little wider than the earlier 16") at stock ride height will be good enough for you.
Additionally, the tires you're using do make/change the look.

I noticed on the link you provided that although the widest you can get from H&R is 25mm, they also sell a 5 mm spacer for the rear.

Do you know if it is possible to use 2 spacers on a wheel. So combine the 25mm with the 5mm to get to 30mm at the rear.

Thanks!

I noticed on the link you provided that although the widest you can get from H&R is 25mm, they also sell a 5 mm spacer for the rear.

Do you know if it is possible to use 2 spacers on a wheel. So combine the 25mm with the 5mm to get to 30mm at the rear.

Thanks!

Sorry, for the delayed response.
So, while technically possible, I would probably not recommend doing that.
The 5mm spacers are the DRS Series that require replacement of the existing wheel studs with longer ones.

With that in mind, trying to bolt the 25mm spacer to the wheel hub and then using the 5mm spacer in between the 25mm spacer and the wheel would reduce the amount of threads available on the integrated studs to tighten down the lug nuts, as I'm pretty sure the integrated studs can't be replaced with longer ones, so that is a no go.

The other way, replacing the existing wheel studs with longer ones, adding the 5mm spacer, and then bolting the 25mm spacer to the wheel hub and the longer wheel studs, and then finally the wheel to the 25mm spacer does sound feasible, logical, and physically possible, but for some reason just doesn't feel right to me.
It honestly might be fine, as this situation is just replicating a wheel (plus an extra 25mm) being bolted to just the 5mm spacer and longer wheel studs.
The one consideration I would have would be if the longer wheel studs might actually extend past the 25mm spacer as well and possibly hit the mounting surface of the wheel (depending on if the longer wheel studs are just 5mm longer than OEM or substantially longer, considering they make a 15mm DRS spacer as well).
In theory, this should work, but in practice, I'm just not sure.

Maybe someone that has more experience or that has done this can chime in.

Back