• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

SPARCO TORINO questions?

I recently aquired a set of SPARCO Torino's to put in my NSX but I have heard that becuase they are bottom mount seats they offer a slight comprimise in headroom. Any feedback before I spent $$$ on rails would be greatly appreciated.... By the way, im only like 5'10. :wink:

Dont worry about it. I have them in my car and I didn't feel any difference in the seat height at all. Did you get the Sparco rails with your seats? If so PM me, there are a few tricks that will make the install go alot smoother.

Patrick

I have the Torino seats in my '94 NSX and have the Sparco rails and sliders and I did lose a little bit of head room. I am about 6 feet tall and fit in the car fine as long as I do not have a helmet on or anything.

loNfastNSX said:
Dont worry about it. I have them in my car and I didn't feel any difference in the seat height at all. Did you get the Sparco rails with your seats? If so PM me, there are a few tricks that will make the install go alot smoother.

Patrick

I didnt get the rails yet... I called SOS for the Taitec sliders but Chris told me 6 weeks. Any other suggestions? Whats tricks do you have for the quicker install or would you prefer I PM you?

Bridgewater is it just me or did you just buy a ton of stuff for your NSX? I keep seeing new posts about all your new goodies, you must be like a little kid at christmas as you get all the new parts. I always loved to mod my cars, its like a new car everytime you add a new little part.

nuccaJB said:
Bridgewater is it just me or did you just buy a ton of stuff for your NSX? I keep seeing new posts about all your new goodies, you must be like a little kid at christmas as you get all the new parts. I always loved to mod my cars, its like a new car everytime you add a new little part.

I hit the lottery! :rolleyes: I was supposed to buy a second home but it didnt go through. I sold my Porsche to help with the financial aspect and when it didnt go through I was scared the money was going to rot so I simply spend it. :biggrin:

Patrick,

If you find the time, please do post your tricks here. I'm also interested to know because I might pull my Torino off my other car and install it in the NSX. :wink:

Thanks Regard
Paul

loNfastNSX said:

Patrick

The Torinos reduce headroom by about 1" when using TAITEC or Sparco (Wedge Engineering) bottom mounts. The main problem (besides the headroom clearance) with the bottom mounting seats is that the lower seat portion will not allow the reclined angle that the NSX needs for proper seating position (compare the stock seat to any bottom mount seat installed). Due to this, I don't recommend these types of seats for anyone over 5'10".

Cheers,
-- Chris

I am 5'10" and fit just fine, but Chris is right, I would not want to be any taller with these seats.

Rob

Sorry to be a little off topic....

I have a used passenger side sparco torino seat rail for sale, asking $150+shipping.

Henry.

Back