• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Speculations for 2022 and beyond

HONDA does produce the NSX without the electrics, just not street legal.

When I was into slot cars (60's) the big mod was a rewound motor.

I expect the EV's to have some variation on this as the tech gets better understood.

Car freaks just can't leave well enough alone......

Interesting the new Lambo hybrid went to a super capacitor rather than a battery.

Also, weed is one of the few things you can't OD on..........https://www.webmd.com/connect-to-ca...overy/marijuana/can-you-overdose-on-marijuana

Last edited:
Bottom line, Honda will not produce a NSX without the electric motors upfront and in the rear. It just will not happen. There is no interest from Honda/Acura to go backwards to make a cheaper car so that some here can afford it.

Sadly, I agree with you.

HONDA does produce the NSX without the electrics, just not street legal.

When I was into slot cars (60's) the big mod was a rewound motor.

I expect the EV's to have some variation on this as the tech gets better understood.

Car freaks just can't leave well enough alone......

Interesting the new Lambo hybrid went to a super capacitor rather than a battery.

Also, weed is one of the few things you can't OD on..........https://www.webmd.com/connect-to-ca...overy/marijuana/can-you-overdose-on-marijuana

True on the Weed.... The issue with the NSX GT3 is that it would cost a fortune to turn it into a street legal vehicle. I don't think anyone would pony up the money.

The recent Civic Type R Limited is an end of model special to mark the end of the petrol-only line-up - the current iteraation is the last non-hybrid Civic.
Honda has pledged that all cars from next year will be electrified (not necessarily electric-only).

Last edited:
Audi just announced that no new R&D work on ICE engines: Long Goodbye: Audi Stopping Internal Combustion Development - AudiWorld
Having said that I agree that electric cars have a real edge when accelerating. Try driving a Tesla S with Ludicrous ability. It is shocking how fast that car can take off. Pipe some noise into the cabin and perhaps we will march ahead. It does appear that the industry as a whole is moving to electrification of automobiles and trucks. I expect we will see a big shift in the next year or two. So hold on to your NC1 as it will become the forbearer of things to come.

I'm sure that 120 years ago or so there were people saying "That stinky, noisy contraption will never replace my good ole reliable horse and buggy...." The electric car is coming whether we old dinosaurs want it or not. But it will take many decades to purge the hundreds of millions of cars on earth, and the trillions of spare parts in inventory. But it's coming.... I'm not an Audi fan, but an electric motor can't do this: https://youtu.be/bGCQMlWrens

Yes that R8 V10 sounds great!

Look what MC has done to launch their new Artura :McLaren Artura's Bizarre V-6 Is Unlike Any Other Engine (roadandtrack.com)

I think the industry as a whole is trying to figure out how to transition from current to future and keep people interested in their cars. I do admit that sound is important. I often find myself turning the engine to Sport + so that the exhausts opens up and it is at its loudest as I drive slowly down the street. Sometimes I turn it down to Sport, just to see what people say as I cruise by in electric mode only. Electric cars while having been around for some time now (We have owned 4) are still a relatively new thing. I can recall when Formula E ran that people wondered what happened to the cars, as there was no noise.....

Back