• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Car Corrals at Mid-Ohio ALMS July 19-20

To celebrate their participation in the 2008 American Le Mans Series (ALMS), Acura Automobile Division, in cooperation with International Motor Sports Association, cordially invites the membership of the NSX Club of America to join them at Mid-Ohio to support the Acura Racing Teams. The NSX Club of America is proud to announce:

NSX - ALMS Car Corral
Mid-Ohio – July 19-20, 2008

The car corral and hospitality activities will take place on the days of the Acura Sports Car Challenge ALMS Race (Saturday, July 19) and the Honda Indy 200 (Sunday, July 20).

To sign up for this event, you must do two things: (1) register with the NSX Club of America to attend the car corral activities, and (2) purchase your admission tickets directly from Mid-Ohio.

Register for car corral activities

The NSX - ALMS Car Corral will consist of the following package:

• Hospitality tent with catered lunch, cold non-alcoholic beverage service and live video race feed (Saturday and Sunday)
  • NSX Exclusive Car Corral (Saturday and Sunday)
  • NSX-Only Parade Lap (late Saturday afternoon, after the ALMS race)
  • ALMS ACURA Team members “meet and greet” (Saturday, time TBD)

These activities are restricted to members of the NSX Club of America and their accompanying guests. They are sponsored by Acura, and there is no charge for these activities, other than purchasing your admission tickets from Mid-Ohio (see below). However, you must register for these activities with the NSX Club of America by July 9, 2008, in order to participate in them. To do so, you can (a) send an instant message to me, or (b) send a fax to 847-869-0302. You must indicate your name, along with how many people will be participating on Saturday, and how many on Sunday. If you are not already a member of the NSX Club of America, you can do so using the membership registration form which you can find here.

Purchase admission tickets from Mid-Ohio

You can purchase the admission tickets from the Mid-Ohio website by clicking here, or you can call 800-MID-OHIO. Tickets are available for individual days or for the entire weekend. The following types of tickets are available:

• General Admission (Friday $10 advance, $15 at the gate; Saturday $40/$45; Sunday $40/$45; Weekend $60/$65) - This ticket allows for admittance onto the grounds, including pedestrian access to the infield where the hospitality activities are located. You must also buy the separate “Infield Parking Pass” if you wish to drive your NSX to the NSX Car Corral and in the parade laps.
  • Grandstand (Saturday $45 adult, $15 child) – This ticket includes a general admission ticket and allows admittance into the grandstands. A limited quantity of grandstand seats are available. These tickets cannot be purchased at the gate. You must also buy the separate “Infield Parking Pass” if you wish to drive your NSX to the NSX Car Corral and in the parade laps. (Grandstand tickets are sold out for Sunday, but still available for Saturday.)
  • IMSA Car Corral Ticket (Saturday $60) – This ticket includes a general admission ticket and a grandstand ticket, as well as the “Infield Parking Pass” to drive your NSX to the NSX Car Corral and in the parade laps. The website states that these are for the Corvette and Porsche car corrals but they are also for the NSX car corral. (Because grandstand tickets are sold out for Sunday, these are only available for Saturday.)
  • IMSA Car Corral Guest Ticket (Saturday $55) – This is the same as the IMSA Car Corral Ticket except it does not include the infield parking pass.
  • Infield Parking Pass ($15) – These are required to drive your NSX to the NSX Car Corral and in the parade laps. They are included with the IMSA Car Corral Tickets, and must be purchased separately for those purchasing other ticket options.

Due to space restrictions, participation in this program will be limited. All tickets will be available on a first-come first-serve basis. Signup will be limited to NSXCA members and one guest per day. If space is available, requests exceeding one guest per day will be considered after the closing date of signups. The closing date is July 9, 2008.

For Your Information:

• Schedule subject to change
  • Unless otherwise noted, planned activities will be held at the Acura Owners hospitality tent.
  • Access limited to invited guests of Acura
  • Car Corral parking exclusive to credentialed Acura NSXs only.
  • Must have Acura Owners Hospitality Credentials to access hospitality chalet, amenities, etc. Credentials will be available at the hospitality tent to those who have registered in advance.
  • Registration for the IMSA facilitated Acura NSX Parade Lap registration will be required, and will also take place at the hospitality tent. Acura NSX Parade Lap limited to 50 Acura NSXs. Mandatory drivers/participant safety meeting with all drivers will be held that morning. Drivers and passengers must be credentialed to participate.
  • No refunds or exchanges

There is a slight change of plans for those who would like to park their NSXs in the car corral, but have not yet ordered infield parking passes. If you have already ordered your infield parking pass, or if you do not plan to park your NSX in the car corral (or if you do not plan to attend this event), this does not affect you.

If you still need an infield parking pass, they are still available for parking in the NSX car corral, but you can no longer order them on the Mid-Ohio website. To get one, you must notify me by this weekend (July 6) that you need one. I'm keeping a list of those needing them, and Mid-Ohio will send it out to you, separate from your ticket order. The club will bill your credit card the $15 for the parking pass, and I'll give you a call to get your credit card number from you. You will still need to order your tickets (grandstand, general admission, etc) directly from Mid-Ohio.

Think we are bringing two. :biggrin:
Thank you in advance. Best weather appreciated!

I haven't found an NSX yet :frown:(soon hopefully! please let me know of any leads for just under $30k), but I'm thinking of going to just check out the events.

Bill_C and all, starting to get "geared up" for this and cannot wait to experience the race weekend and see fellow owners, etc. Thank you to Acura for having us again this season!
Be in Sat. morning time unknown, but try for 830 am.
neal
2004 Imola (Michigan)

Sorry to be such a newb to this. I have just got my infield parking pass and weekend ticket. I was interested in parking my baby with you guys and if possible doing the parade lap if possible. I know that it is after the close of registration. I am not yet a member of NSXCA yet(just downloaded the form). If either of these is possible that is great. I will not be around for much of the VIP stuff since I am attending the races with a group of friends and we will be brousing around a lot. I look forward to meeting fellow owners for the first time.

I just sent an e-mail to all those who have signed up for the car corral, parade lap, and hospitality. It includes a detailed agenda for the Acura Hospitality and NSX Car Corral for this weekend at Mid-Ohio.

If at all possible, please plan on attending the Acura Motorsports presentation at 9:45 a.m. on Saturday and the Acura drivers meet-and-greet at 12:00 noon on Saturday. Both will take place in the Acura hospitality tent.

If you plan on driving your NSX in the parade lap(s) after the race on Saturday, you MUST be present at the safety briefing scheduled for 5:45 p.m. in the tent. Cars will be staged at 6:30 p.m.

The IMSA staff at the hospitality tent can answer any questions about the day's activities. Have a great time!

Hi all,

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday.

If anyone needs a ticket, let me know - I have an extra one for Saturday (my buddy cannot make it). It is the IMSA Car Corral Guest Ticket (without the parking pass).

Otherwise, if there are no takers, I may have to bring the wife :)

Regards,
Bill

Last edited:
Hi VTECPWR,

Yes, the ticket is still available - i just PM'ed you with my info.

Regards,
Bill

Pleasure speaking with you David. Sorry, I only have the Saturday ticket and not the weekend pass.

The ticket is still available if anyone is interested.

-Bill

Just watching this on TV out west. Where are the pics of the car corral? Post em up!

Hi MJK Mark, you know Mid Ohio and missed a fine weekend! Hope all is well.
Dave's son took some beauties today, perhaps he will post some. :eek:
What a fantastic weekend, so good to see you all. Got home 10 PM.
Too many stories to tell here. Weather was certainly a factor.
THX again Honda/Acura for this treat!

Back