• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Speeding.

I just got a speeding ticket for $558.50:eek:. It started out like this.......at 6:39 pm, I was driving in the middle lane of a three lane road and the posted limit is 35mph. In front of me was a black Dodge Ram truck and we both driving at @ 35 mph. Then the road begins to curve and I no longer could resist my itchy foot so I changed lane and took Imola all the way to red line, but red line is not the only thing I saw when I looked in my rear view mirror...that black Dodge Ram truck was now blazing with red/blue lights,siren. I have not fully recover from the rush and I still hear that intoxicating engine/bb exhaust sound when I pulled over. I've never been so busted! My question is...Is there a same when I'm speeding in the Construction Zone (workers present) and (workers not present?) My Citation ticket said "30 and over in construction zone "workers NOT present" the fine is $308.50" and "30 and over in construction zone "workers present" the fine is $558.50"
I knew this road very well and beside me and Mr: Buster, there are no one around. So Am I still guilty of "Workers Present?" If that is the law then I'm willing to pay in full but I'm still hoping to pay for just "Workers Not Present"
Thanks for listening and I'm praying that I won't get flame up too bad on this.

Phuc'

What a drag, sounds like you were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Not sure about the fine though. Can you attend traffic school and avoid a ticket on your record? We have that option here in Cali, but still have to pay the fine.

Ask to see the time records for any workers present on that day and time from the company or city. If no hours were being logged by the workers or they were already logged out, then that should take care of No Workers Present question.
Bummer dude....

Dont know about FL....but here in NJ 22mph over will cost you a suspension so I'd just pay the fine and learn a lesson. Maybe go to court and see if the'll waive the points if you just pay the fine.

Thanks guy! I'm going to court sometime next week to sort everything out. Thank you for your input.

Phuc'

I am not an attorney but I feel your best bet is to get one. Do a little research.Lawyers know how to work the system and most laymen do not. I know of many people who walked away from some serious speeding tickets with minor offenses after using an attorney.It depends a lot on the town you were speeding in.The legal system not only differs by state but also by zip code.

Did the truck have a municipal plate? Clearly it was a cop truck, and hindsight is 20/20, but did you see any sign of it being an undercover? He must have snickered as you went around him.

I've had.. let's just say.. several speeding tickets.

However, I have never got caught speeding in a construction zone, mainly because I don't do it. In TX, based on my limited knowledge, workers present designates two things:

a) You cannot get the ticket off your record under normal circumstances. This means no defensive driving, defered judification, etc.
b) The fine is doubled, or at least the speeding portion of the fine is doubled.

Consult the DA of the court house you are to attend ASAP, they are usually very helpful if it looks like an accident and your record reinforces that.

I am not an attorney but I feel your best bet is to get one. Do a little research.Lawyers know how to work the system and most laymen do not. I know of many people who walked away from some serious speeding tickets with minor offenses after using an attorney.It depends a lot on the town you were speeding in.The legal system not only differs by state but also by zip code.

There are two types of Lawyers... those that know the law, and those that know the Judge/Prosecutor. In this case, find the latter. :biggrin:

I have a friend who has used one of the "traffic attornies" that you more than likely got a postcard from after getting the ticket. She has used him three times and never had one stick yet. he pleads it down. if you want I will try to get ahold of her tomarrow and get his # for you. I think he is in south fl. ALOT of unmarked dodge hemi pickups in Fl. My neighbor is the police chief here and he drives one! I had one and they are pretty quick for a heavy truck.

I have a friend who has used one of the "traffic attornies" that you more than likely got a postcard from after getting the ticket. She has used him three times and never had one stick yet. he pleads it down. if you want I will try to get ahold of her tomarrow and get his # for you. I think he is in south fl. ALOT of unmarked dodge hemi pickups in Fl. My neighbor is the police chief here and he drives one! I had one and they are pretty quick for a heavy truck.

NSXADDICTED.

Thanks Bro! I contacted one already. I have no other option but to hire an Attorney anyway. A few days ago I went to pay for my ticket and the Clerk told me that the Judge wants to see me...WTF:confused:. I only got 3 speeding tickets for the passed 22 years. I'll let everyone know how this case goes.

Phuc'

Back