• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Spoon NSX-R GT vs. Mine’s GT-R

im still having my doubt that it is the real deal nsx-r gt

This was from the passenger side door sill.

DSCN0227E.jpg

This was recently posted on Facebook. A real NSX-R GT for sale. I believe the last post by Lt1corvette is from the spoon "R-GT". The real one for sale says RGT001 on the side sill plate vs just R1003.

nsxrgt.png

Very cool...I found a report on its production on line. Here's the link. Apparently, the original selling point was $470,000USD? Wow.

nsx-r_gt_page_1-jpg.160136

nsx-r_gt_page_2-jpg.160138

Wow, a real one. The "GT" in the VIN plate is the giveaway vs. the Spoon clones. That will be a $1M+ car when it's over. The ad claims only one was actually produced, but Honda had to make 5 (and prove it) to enter the NSX in the Super GT series. My understanding is that the 5 were offered to Honda loyalist executives and racing drivers. There may also be one at the Honda Collection Hall at Motegi, leaving 4 in the wild. @Chris_Lum would know...he was just there!

My favorite "old" nsx...

I like almost everything about this except the side profile of the rear bumper. I know it serves a purpose, but it just looks odd. Agree that it should fetch 7 figures.

Wow, a real one. The "GT" in the VIN plate is the giveaway vs. the Spoon clones. That will be a $1M+ car when it's over. The ad claims only one was actually produced, but Honda had to make 5 (and prove it) to enter the NSX in the Super GT series. My understanding is that the 5 were offered to Honda loyalist executives and racing drivers. There may also be one at the Honda Collection Hall at Motegi, leaving 4 in the wild. @Chris_Lum would know...he was just there!

I wish I'd seen a GT at the collection hall! the hall is constantly changing their cars but I can't say I've ever seen pictures of one at the hall. The cars even changed already since January when I was there!

Back