• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Springs - 1.5"

jmp

Experienced Member
My '91 CTSC had been a daily or almost daily driver for a long time and so I went with Zanardi springs (.5" - .75" lower) to avoid curbs, parking stops, etc. I also have Type R springs and Bilsteins. 17/18's.

I drive it less frequently now and am looking to lower by a total from stock of about 1.5". I track the car maybe 1-2 times per year. It is primarily a fun streetcar.

Looking for comments and suggestions on various springs - H&R, Tanabe, etc. - for my type of use. I simply want to swap springs and not go to a whole new setup. Thanks to all.

[I put this in the wheel/tire thread b/c it has to do with the look of the fender height above the tires - didn't know where else it belonged.]

I would go with the H&R overall or the H&R in the rear and Tanabe in the front. I have the Tanabes now and I only paid barely $180 for it I believe. They are fine I guess, but the rear's gap is not equal with the front. It's about a 1/4-3/8 inch wider than the front and it kind of annoys me. I believe the H&R will yield better results in the rear. The front of the Tanabe is perfect for me. It's now been 6 months since install and I believe that the fronts have sag passed beyond the claimed 1.3 inches that Tanabe states.

Unfortunately the rear is still holding strong and I even question if they have really dropped the rear 1.3 inches. I will either step up the tire diameter size to fill the gap when they go out or hopefully the rear springs will sag a bit by then. If I had a chance to redo it, I would go with the H&Rs or a hybrid of the two.

I have the Eibach Pro-Kit and really like the drop on it. Perfect in my opinion.
(Same springs/shocks, different wheels)
IMG_05172.jpg

11581nsxside1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks to all.

Hapa88 - are those 18/19's in both pics? Eibach claims only a 1.25" drop but yours seems very tight. Thanks.

Thanks to all.

Hapa88 - are those 18/19's in both pics? Eibach claims only a 1.25" drop but yours seems very tight. Thanks.

Yeah, 18/19s with 215/35/18 fronts and 275/30/19 rear tires.

Yeah, 18/19s with 215/35/18 fronts and 275/30/19 rear tires.

Yea, i have 265/30/19 in the back. I was thinking of stepping up to the 275 is fill the gap a few more mm in the future. The second picture you posted looks exactly like where my NSX stands right now, the front is def lower than the rear. IMO, if the rear was just a tad lower to match the gap of the front, then it would be perfect. Still satisfactory non the less.

Here are some pics of mine to compare:

HNSX2.jpg

HNSX1.jpg

Snv30285.jpg

That looks tight! I have 17/18's and think I need that extra .25" drop that the H&R provides beyond the Eibach.

If you have Bilsteins why dont you just put it on the lower perch ?

My 1994 had Bilsteins and H&R's, the rears just looked to damn low,it looked like the tire was almost under the fender, so I installed Zanardi rear springs on the Bilstein lower perch and it raised the car 0.5" compared to the H&R which made it look much more balanced compared to the front. Not to mentioned helped the rear camber out a bit.

Yea, i have 265/30/19 in the back. I was thinking of stepping up to the 275 is fill the gap a few more mm in the future. The second picture you posted looks exactly like where my NSX stands right now, the front is def lower than the rear. IMO, if the rear was just a tad lower to match the gap of the front, then it would be perfect. Still satisfactory non the less.

After I took those pictures I removed the front spare tire so it's pretty much even in the front and the rear now. I did that because with my current wheels the fronts were rubbing a lot.

Back