• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SRS airbag light reset? please help.... I've searched every where?

Hey guys,

While getting my oil pressure gauge replaced, the person that removed the gauge cluster had unplugged the airbag plug (For the steering wheel) and when testing to see if the oil pressure gauge worked properly, he turned the car on before plugging the air bag plug back in? Once he had did that, my SRS light stays on now.n

Before everyone jumps in telling me to "search" or "google" this.

I have searched every possible title combination in the "advance search" box and I have googled every "NSX SRS light reset" type of search on google?

I found plenty of "How to reset SRS" for other Honda's but not the NSX. like this one, but I cant find a yellow plug like in the video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYYzt04o5MU

The NSX doesn't have the normal SRS yellow plug. it has a wider plug? Like this

IMAG0855.jpg

Any help on where to find the Two pin yellow plug or how to reset the SRS on a 1992 NSx would be greatly appreciated

-Eric

Now this goes back a ways, and I am an old guy now, but I recall wire #2 and #6 on that connector being for the airbag curcuit. I do not think you actually reset this, it either is a closed curcuit or not( remember jumping this after a steering wheel swap;)). So recheck the connection as well as the wiring to the back of the column connector.

HTH,
LarryB

Last edited:
If you're talking about the SRS light on the dash, I'm pretty sure you don't need to 'reset it'. I had an intermittant problem with mine and the light came on for a while (multiple days) and then went off by itself. But, as Larry suggests, check the connection first. It is also possible that the fuse may have blown so if you're sure there's nothing wrong, just replace the fuse. If that it stays on after that, then you'll have to follow the diagnostic logic in the shop manual.

I can confirm you don't reset the SRS light. It is either open or closed. Either you have a bad connection, or possibly the cable reel is going bad. I had to replace the cable reel on my 92. This solved the SRS light problem I was getting. Once plugged in the SRS light went off by itself.No resetting needed.

if your cable reel is about to go bad or gone bad, U would also have NO horn or cruise control in addition to the SRS lite.
I replaced my cabel reel twice in the past 10 years.
I also had the SRS lite on a while back and it stayed on. Ended up it somehow blew a fuse!! No reset required.
Hope the info is useful.

Sorry to bring this back but the srs light finally pop up on my 93. I do have aftermarket steering wheel and nrg hub. Been running this setup for couple months. No issue with srs light show up til just couple days ago. Checked #1 fuse, NOT blown. Recheck all connection within hub, everything good. Although, the horn doesnt work now. No cruise control hook up, cant check.

Does this mean the cable reel is bad/dead? Or could this be the srs module under the dash dying?

Back