• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Stacy's Sideskirt install DFW

Did they try to stick you with a bill?
Also need name of place for future reference.

It is Dynamic Auto Collision on Broadway in Haltom City. Yeah I would definetly stay away from them if anybody ever happen to come across them. Nice guy, but just one thing after another.

He didn't charge me anything, I told him to just send me a bill what he thought I owed him and he said there was not going to be a charge. I had given him a 100 bucks when I picked it up the first time, just to show some good faith on my part.

Here's some pictures of the skirts and front spoiler. They looked good, just unfortunately bad yellow match and not on the car. I almost wish he had just put them on the car as is that way all I had to do was worry about getting them repainted, now I will have to go through the whole install ordeal with a new shop again I am sure, even though they are technically fitted already.

Attachments

• 640.JPG
    640.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 145
  • 6402.JPG
    6402.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 151
Dropping the car off Sunday to another shop. Supposed to be done by Friday, so we'll see :redface: The shop is NE of Dallas, Sasche or something like that. Kind of far from my neck of the woods, but hopefully worth it.

Thought we found a shop in Arlington with a lot of NSX experience which was going to be good, but in the end they didn't seem to intersted in messing with it.

Thanks to Blkevl for his help on helping me to find a shop.

Once it is done, will be glad to meet up with anybody who wants to check the car out.

Charlie, That shop is pretty close to me, so I can check on it on Tuesday or something to see how it is going if you like.
What time are you going over Sunday? Maybe we can meet up.

Mike, nice car. I am an ex Z owner myself. You can definetly check it out when (if) it gets done.

Adam, I am not sure when I will be headed that way tomorrow, I am at the mercy of my friend who is following me in my truck with the goods and the also when the shop guy will be able to meet me, so it will probaby be tough to meet up, but we need to soon though. That would be great if you could check on the car sometime this week, I have also asked Mike to as well. The more the merrier as far as I am concerned, since I won't be able to do any check ups myself.

I just hope this time it's the final shop, I would have never dreamed it would have been this big of a pita!

Hey Charlie - do you know if the first shop fitted the skirts before they painted them?

Make sure the 2nd shop verifies their fit prior to painting.

You know what? I dont feel sorry for you one bit! My car is in the garage, battery disconnected and under cover as the snow has arrived. Id take skirt headaches, with the periodic drive between, then NSXless for 3.5months anyday.

SPA_S2000 said:
Hey Charlie - do you know if the first shop fitted the skirts before they painted them?

I can verify that the first shop DID NOT fit them prior to painting.If I am not mistaken the skirts were painted even before the car was dropped off.I will try to get Charlie to verify this.I personally had talked to the shop,on my cell phone for 45 mins or so(quite the bill) and found that the person,that I talked to,was quite confused.The person I talked to was the painter/fitter not the owner of the shop.
Stacy

stacy'snsx said:
SPA_S2000 said:

I can verify that the first shop DID NOT fit them prior to painting.If I am not mistaken the skirts were painted even before the car was dropped off.I will try to get Charlie to verify this.I personally had talked to the shop,on my cell phone for 45 mins or so(quite the bill) and found that the person,that I talked to,was quite confused.The person I talked to was the painter/fitter not the owner of the shop.
Stacy

Stacy, feel free to PM me or email me [email protected] the amount of your phone bill, I have no problem paying you for your time and expenses incurred. You never mentioned prior to this post and your PM I just got that you were on the phone for 45 minutes with them. I knew yall talked, but did not know the length of the conversation.

To clarify as to the paint, yes the first shop did paint them first with out fitting them, but after 4 weeks they were supposidly fit before they painted them the second time which was the wrong color which led me to take the car back.

I do believe they actually fit them prior to the second painting because they molded a bolt into the front of the skirt to attach through the factor square hole and also cut out holes in the skirt for the door plate clips to fit through so they wouldnt have to be cut off. But I have already told the latest shop to do a trial fit before he repaints them though and will remind them again when I drop it off.

Also to clarify my PITA comments for anybody who may have misinterpretted it, it wasnt directed at Stacy or his skirts, but the fact the first shop had my car for a month, the second shop I thought I had lined up in the end didnt want to mess with it, the third shop is over an hour away from me that compounded with the hassle of getting the front spoiler from SOS and the fact the spoiler looked beat up when I got has led this body mod endeavor to be a PITA, but not directed at Stacy.

odenspike said:
stacy'snsx said:
Stacy, feel free to PM me or email me [email protected] the amount of your phone bill, I have no problem paying you for your time and expenses incurred. You never mentioned prior to this post and your PM I just got that you were on the phone for 45 minutes with them. I knew yall talked, but did not know the length of the conversation.

To clarify as to the paint, yes the first shop did paint them first with out fitting them, but after 4 weeks they were supposidly fit before they painted them the second time which was the wrong color which led me to take the car back.

I do believe they actually fit them prior to the second painting because they molded a bolt into the front of the skirt to attach through the factor square hole and also cut out holes in the skirt for the door plate clips to fit through so they wouldnt have to be cut off. But I have already told the latest shop to do a trial fit before he repaints them though and will remind them again when I drop it off.

Also to clarify my PITA comments for anybody who may have misinterpretted it, it wasnt directed at Stacy or his skirts, but the fact the first shop had my car for a month, the second shop I thought I had lined up in the end didnt want to mess with it, the third shop is over an hour away from me that compounded with the hassle of getting the front spoiler from SOS and the fact the spoiler looked beat up when I got has led this body mod endeavor to be a PITA, but not directed at Stacy.

Charlie like I said in the PM.I just wanted to clarify that it was the shop and not the skirts,LOL !!!
As far as paying for the phone call,I won't have that !!!
I just posted it to show that I have supported you through your whole ordeal dealing with that shop and was willing to do whatever I could to help you out from this end.
Charlie we have had many conversations via PM's and phone calls and I will say it was my pleasure talking to you.
I will,however,let you buy me a drink on the day we actually do meet,maybe at a NSXPO.
DEAL ?

Sincerly,
Stacy

Ive also got Stacy's skirts (and cluster rings).

To anyone wondering, Stacy will stop at nothing to make sure you are happy with his products.

He is a complete lunatic when it comes to customer satisfaction.

Just an update for those following my little body mod drama, lol.

Spoke to the shop today, he fitted on the skirts, said the pax side fit great, said the driver side was a little short and a little tight in one spot, which is what the first shop said as well. I could really care less at this point. At least it was good to see the first shop actually did fit them and they weren't totally b-sing me about what they were saying. Just glad to hear they will be on in some way, shape or form.

He is supposed to be painting them tomorrow, doesn't anticipate any paint match problems, he said he took the factory skirts to the paint store to use as a match, so hopefully it wont have the taxi cab yellow that shop 1 came out with, but we'll see if he will get a match the first go around. He said min 24 hours dry time, so hopefully the car will still be ready this weekend sometime. Of course I will blanket this site with pics once it is done :biggrin:

Thanks to Stacy and everybody elses help and input.

Charlie

The weather has kept me from stopping by. I will try to go take a peek tommorrow.

I know it was a battle for you to get this done but it looks like it was worth it!

I was looking for a Yellow NSX when I found my Black one, your photos make me wish I had kept looking.

2004 NSX Black / Camel
———————————————————————————————————————————————–
Our other cars: 2006 Z06 DSOM / 2006 CLS55 Silver / 2005 Ford GT Silver / 2005 SL65 Pewter / 2005 G55 Graphite / 2005 MazdaSpeed Miata Red / 2005 SSR Silver / 2004 Gallardo Yellow / 2002 Candy Red Prowler + 2001 Orange Prowler + 2001 Silver Prowler + 1999 Yellow Prowler / 2002 35th Anniversary Camaro SS Convertible / 1970 Camaro SS350 / 1970 Black Chevy SWB Pick up / 1969 Garnet Red Camaro SS 350 / 1969 Chevelle SS 396 / 1969 Impala SS 427 / 1968 Chevy Step Side Truck L98/700r4 / 1967 Hugger Orange Camaro 400 / 1966 GTO / 1955 Yellow Chevrolet Truck / 1934 Ford Sedan / 1930 Ford Hiboy Coupe 302 5spd

Steve
Everytime I see your sig I pee my pants. :eek:

When is the meet at your place so you can share with your friends.:biggrin:

Back