• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Steering Rack Knock Bush

He has promised 24 hours to send a tracking number ..96h later ....nothing
I'm going to wait few days and dan reclaim the money from paypal
I'd be careful , something is wrong here

Just installed my knock bush Les. Process went smoothly, and the knock seems to be gone. I'll more throughly test drive the car in the coming weeks.

A suggestion. The bush seems to be 1-1.5mm too wide and doesn't sit flush with the housing. This reduces the steering angle slightly. Though it may not matter to most people, it could matter in a full angle slide where that bit of angle counts. 1mm at the rack is multiplied at the wheel. What do you think? May be worth making the next batch perfect.

Thanks again for coming up with this solution Les.

Mike B

Just installed my knock bush Les. Process went smoothly, and the knock seems to be gone. I'll more throughly test drive the car in the coming weeks.

A suggestion. The bush seems to be 1-1.5mm too wide and doesn't sit flush with the housing. This reduces the steering angle slightly. Though it may not matter to most people, it could matter in a full angle slide where that bit of angle counts. 1mm at the rack is multiplied at the wheel. What do you think? May be worth making the next batch perfect.

Thanks again for coming up with this solution Les.

Mike B

I'll address the width of the knock bush with the next batch of bushes many thanks for your feedback and happy knock free driving.

Just fitted mine at long last.
A few tips if fitting by disconnecting the inner tie rod end;
You will need a very short 17mm spanner to undo the inner tie rod, total length no more than 5".
So you have all the parts ready to go it is a good idea to buy a new locking tab 53536-SB2-000 and a new band to secure the fat end of the rubber bellows after installing the bush: 53449-SL0-A00. You could buy a generic band though, which will be a lot more reasonably priced than Acura...You will need a banding tool if you don't have one already.
Bending the tab to lock the flats on the inner tie rod is a little tricky due to space, you will need something short & sharp...

Les
payment sent. I also sent my prime user name in the message along with my address etc.

Thanks for the purchase the bush will be sent Monday morning.

- - - Updated - - -

Just fitted mine at long last.
A few tips if fitting by disconnecting the inner tie rod end;
You will need a very short 17mm spanner to undo the inner tie rod, total length no more than 5".
So you have all the parts ready to go it is a good idea to buy a new locking tab 53536-SB2-000 and a new band to secure the fat end of the rubber bellows after installing the bush: 53449-SL0-A00. You could buy a generic band though, which will be a lot more reasonably priced than Acura...You will need a banding tool if you don't have one already.
Bending the tab to lock the flats on the inner tie rod is a little tricky due to space, you will need something short & sharp...

Thanks for the feedback good to see you used the updated install procedure as posted by Chris (Sparky) on post #142 .

Happy Knock free driving

Do you ever send email confirmation or shipping info when it the bushing ships? Thanks

I take a pic of all bushes and shipping parcels prior to sending your's dated 22/02/2016. Yes i normally pm pic with every order sorry missed yours.

Please check your email

Last edited:
I take a pic of all bushes and shipping parcels prior to sending your's dated 22/02/2016. Yes i normally pm pic with every order sorry missed yours.

Please check your email

I didn't get a pic either. BTW - Whats the normal lead time to the US? Still hasn't arrived.

PM sent

Has this flaw been addressed?

Not really a flaw it was engineered that way to make sure it was seated all the way against the shoulder.

However since that request all bushes have been machined back to reduce the bush slightly sitting proud.

Thanks for your comment.

Not really a flaw it was engineered that way to make sure it was seated all the way against the shoulder.

However since that request all bushes have been machined back to reduce the bush slightly sitting proud.

Thanks for your comment.
Not sure I follow. Mike suggested it's too wide to get pushed it all the way to sit flush. And preventing from using rack's full op range. Do you have a picture installed to better articulate this: 'was engineered that way to make sure it was seated all the way against the shoulder'

Not sure I follow. Mike suggested it's too wide to get pushed it all the way to sit flush. And preventing from using rack's full op range. Do you have a picture installed to better articulate this: 'was engineered that way to make sure it was seated all the way against the shoulder'

If you don't understand what Mike was getting at then i'm not sure you'll get my explanation either.

Have a look at post #146 Sparky has posted some pics of the new install procedure look at pic #4 you can see the installed bush in the rack the original bushes sat proud of the outer shoulder which may limit full lock (however this has not been verified or tested). The new bushes are narrower so they don't sit as far out.

Please let me know if you require further info or assistance.

Thanks

If you don't understand what Mike was getting at then i'm not sure you'll get my explanation either.

Have a look at post #146 Sparky has posted some pics of the new install procedure look at pic #4 you can see the installed bush in the rack the original bushes sat proud of the outer shoulder which may limit full lock (however this has not been verified or tested). The new bushes are narrower so they don't sit as far out.

Thanks
I understand what Mike is saying. That's why I asked if it was addressed. What I didn't understand was your explanation on why it was designed that way. Thanks anyway.

Haven't gotten mine yet

Hi Lance, just sent you an email can you please check if the details are correct if theres a problem i'll send you another bush.

Sorry for the delay in getting to you just got back from being away for Easter.

Many thanks,

Les

Les,
I just sent the money via PayPal along with my contact info. I would appreciate your leting me know a time frame for shipping.
Thank you in advance,
Rick

Les,
I just sent the money via PayPal along with my contact info. I would appreciate your leting me know a time frame for shipping.
Thank you in advance,
Rick

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the purchase i have a bush on its way to the US to a purchaser who hadn't received their bush in the normal time frame of 10 business days. The day i sent a replacement they received the original bush. As soon as they receive it ill get them to forward it on to you. I will keep you posted on the progress.

Les

Les, Thanks for the quick update. I will wait to hear from you. please let me know if I need to coordinate with your customer holding the part.
Thank you,
Rick

Back