• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Steering Rack Knock Bush

I am interested in a steering rack knock bush also. Are they still available?

do you have any more steering rack bushings in stock? let me know ill send payment via paypal. oh and total cost to the us zip code 55124

We sure do total cost including shipping is $120.00USD.

- - - Updated - - -

I am interested in a steering rack knock bush also. Are they still available?

Yes they are just $120.00USD including shipping

still for sale?

I noticed the free play on both sides (little bit more on the right) this bushing solved the problem for both sides?

thanks

still for sale?

I noticed the free play on both sides (little bit more on the right) this bushing solved the problem for both sides?

thanks

Our knock bush will only solves the free play on the passenger side if you have knock/free play on the drivers side then hopefully you can adjust it out if the bottom preload adjuster. If this doesnt fix the knock then the top preload adjuster needs adjusting this requires the rack to be lowered if not fully removed to get access to it.

our knock bush will only solves the free play on the passenger side if you have knock/free play on the drivers side then hopefully you can adjust it out if the bottom preload adjuster. If this doesnt fix the knock then the top preload adjuster needs adjusting this requires the rack to be lowered if not fully removed to get access to it.

pm ;-)

Haven't seen this mentioned but does this tighten the steering wheel's feeling?

(There is also this thread on that subject)
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/125652-Is-the-steering-wheel-supposed-to-move

If you are referring to our knock bush no it doesn't tighten the steering feel.

The thread you posted is for an entirely different problem our knock bush if for reducing the knock feel and sound due to worn rack housing on the passenger side.

I hope this is of help to you.

Just sent you a payment for a knock bush.

Thank you Anthony your knock bush will be sent first thing tomorrow morning.

Please let me know if you require further assistance or info.

Les

- - - Updated - - -

Also just sent payment for a knock bush. Thanks!

Mike B

Thank you Mike your knock bush will be sent first thing tomorrow morning.

Please let me know if you require further assistance or info.

Les

Hi Les,

I'm trying to send payment for 2 of these and PayPal is rejecting the email address I'm entering - '[email protected]'. It keeps throwing up an error saying "please enter a valid email address or 10-digit mobile number". I dunno what could be wrong here.

update: when I enter the email address without the dash before 'water', PayPal accepts it, but I don't know if that's a valid address for you. Please advise. Thanks.

'nother update: for anyone else who might experience this problem, it's a bug in their new splashy web site. On suggestion from their tech support I tried different browsers but no joy. Then I noticed "Classic Site" at the bottom of the page, clicked it, and the previous, less gee-whiz site came up and I was able to enter Les' email address and send the money with no problems. I notified them about the problem with hyphens in email addresses on the new site so it may be fixed at some point.

Last edited:
Hi Les,

I'm trying to send payment for 2 of these and PayPal is rejecting the email address I'm entering - '[email protected]'. It keeps throwing up an error saying "please enter a valid email address or 10-digit mobile number". I dunno what could be wrong here.

update: when I enter the email address without the dash before 'water', PayPal accepts it, but I don't know if that's a valid address for you. Please advise. Thanks.

'nother update: for anyone else who might experience this problem, it's a bug in their new splashy web site. On suggestion from their tech support I tried different browsers but no joy. Then I noticed "Classic Site" at the bottom of the page, clicked it, and the previous, less gee-whiz site came up and I was able to enter Les' email address and send the money with no problems. I notified them about the problem with hyphens in email addresses on the new site so it may be fixed at some point.

Thanks for doing tech support for PayPal Will who would have thought a "-" could stop people sending money though their system.

Thanks again mate well done.

*** STOP THE PRESS ***

I just successfully installed my knock bush and the good news is ... I did it WITHOUT REMOVING THE TIE ROD from the front wheel hub! I was speaking to Les before starting when he had a brainwave ... the universal ball joint on the steering rack end of the tie rod allows 360 degrees of rotation of the lock nut / thread so it can simply be unscrewed (once the lock washer is folded back), without disconnecting the wheel end of the tie rod.

A few pointers: There's not much room to get at the lock washer and undo the nut. It's difficult to get in and hammer a screwdriver under the lock washer, plus it's quite soft metal and only gets deformed/torn. I found I could simply pry it up with a sharp tipped screwdriver using the universal as a fulcrum. After that loosing the lock nut is a bit of a juggle but after sorting through a variety of open ended spanners I found a couple that worked well in the confined space (using 1/12 of a turn at a time, 17mm for the lock nut, 19mm for holding the steering rack still). Also separating the ABS signal wire bracket from the lower arm adds a bit more space.

Aligning the thread and getting it to take when screwing the tie rod back onto the steering rack is a bit tricky because it's still connected to the wheel at the other end. This restricts freedom for that delicate first thread and it's complicated by the need to apply just enough pressure for the thread to take vs making the universal joint collapse at the critical moment. After a few goes I managed this using a long screwdriver on the wheel hub to apply the right pressure, or just find a second pair of hands to help.

I've attached a few photos, including one of the lock washer part number if you choose to replace it.

BTW car steers beautifully after this mod... no knocking yay!

Les ... you need to update your first post in this thread to mention this new technique .... and no need to wheel align.

Knock bush - 1.jpg Knock bush - 2.jpg Knock bush - 3.jpg Knock bush - 4.jpg Knock bush - washer.jpg

Last edited:
A bit disappointed. I paid for this almost a month ago and I have yet to receive this. I've sent 1 PM and 1 email asking about this and no response. Looks like Les (NSX-SA) was on Prime today and is ignoring me. This is my last time asking for a reply before I start to recommend people to not purchase from you. Please respond.

A bit disappointed. I paid for this almost a month ago and I have yet to receive this. I've sent 1 PM and 1 email asking about this and no response. Looks like Les (NSX-SA) was on Prime today and is ignoring me. This is my last time asking for a reply before I start to recommend people to not purchase from you. Please respond.

Hi Anthony thanks for your comments.

PM and email sent please accept my apologies.

Les

It just showed up today. I guess I was expecting it to be three weeks at most maybe Thanksgiving slowed things down a little and delayed it another week. Either way I got the part so it's all good now. Thanks for the reply.

*** STOP THE PRESS ***

I just successfully installed my knock bush and the good news is ... I did it WITHOUT REMOVING THE TIE ROD from the front wheel hub! I was speaking to Les before starting when he had a brainwave ... the universal ball joint on the steering rack end of the tie rod allows 360 degrees of rotation of the lock nut / thread so it can simply be unscrewed (once the lock washer is folded back), without disconnecting the wheel end of the tie rod.

A few pointers: There's not much room to get at the lock washer and undo the nut. It's difficult to get in and hammer a screwdriver under the lock washer, plus it's quite soft metal and only gets deformed/torn. I found I could simply pry it up with a sharp tipped screwdriver using the universal as a fulcrum. After that loosing the lock nut is a bit of a juggle but after sorting through a variety of open ended spanners I found a couple that worked well in the confined space (using 1/12 of a turn at a time, 17mm for the lock nut, 19mm for holding the steering rack still). Also separating the ABS signal wire bracket from the lower arm adds a bit more space.

Aligning the thread and getting it to take when screwing the tie rod back onto the steering rack is a bit tricky because it's still connected to the wheel at the other end. This restricts freedom for that delicate first thread and it's complicated by the need to apply just enough pressure for the thread to take vs making the universal joint collapse at the critical moment. After a few goes I managed this using a long screwdriver on the wheel hub to apply the right pressure, or just find a second pair of hands to help.

I've attached a few photos, including one of the lock washer part number if you choose to replace it.

BTW car steers beautifully after this mod... no knocking yay!

Les ... you need to update your first post in this thread to mention this new technique .... and no need to wheel align.

View attachment 129408 View attachment 129409 View attachment 129410 View attachment 129411 View attachment 129412

Thanks Chris for the write-up and pics after all this time i cant believe it didn't occur to me that the installation of the knock bush could be installed without the need to remove the tie-rod end.

This has meant that not only the time required to install the knock bush is less than an hour, no special tools are required to remove the tie-rod end and there's no need for re-alignment.

Your a champ Chris.

Cheers,

Les

The same problem with this user...I paid 12.11.2015! no response no knocking bush nothing.....

Last edited:
The same problem with this user...I paid 12.11.2015! no response no knocking bush nothing.....

Thank you for your contact you made payment without shipping address i sent emails requesting your delivery address without response and i have been away on leave for the past few weeks.

I now have your shipping address and with ship the knock bush to you within 24hrs and will refund a portion of your payment for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,

- - - Updated - - -

Interested... in need ASAP.

PM sent

Thank you for your contact you made payment without shipping address i sent emails requesting your delivery address without response and i have been away on leave for the past few weeks.

I now have your shipping address and with ship the knock bush to you within 24hrs and will refund a portion of your payment for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,

- - - Updated - - -

PM sent

Ah come on this is not correct ..
I answered you 1 hour later or so...
Proof here .
I only have 2 mails from you,IMG_20160113_0003.jpg and they were before I paid

Back