• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Steve Gooding Open House -Change of Date to Sept 20th

Raleigh Area NSX Owners,

We discovered that several owners were heading up to VIR for some track time with the BMW Club, so we have changed the date for Steve Gooding's Open House to the following Saturday - Sept 20th. Please note. The time is still 1pm at Steve's, but look for an announcement later for a meeting spot where we can assemble and then drive over to Steve's place.

Steve Gooding, local area Certified NSX Mechanic, Historian and all around great guy will be hosting an open house on Saturday afternoon, September 20th at his new residence and Shop Facility. For those of you who don’t know Steve - this will be a great opportunity to meet him. For those of us owners who have already benefited from Steve’s expertise/service in all things NSX, it will be a fun opportunity to share a good time with fellow owners as well as learn a little more about our cars. Steve will more than likely have a car on the lift in his service bay, and be ready and able to enlighten us about maintenance issues or just plain information we might not have known about.

They’ll be some food, fun and friendship. I am planning to assemble all those attending at a Raleigh area location (not as yet identified) and we’ll cruise en masse over to Steve’s new location arriving about 1 pm, Just off Wheeler Road in South Raleigh.

Please RSVP to me by e-mail – [email protected]. Any questions, please e-mail or call me @ 919 760-7492.

Don’t miss this fun event!

Last edited:
Hey Jtower, Are you still on the look for a NSX? Just curious. Jeff

It's Supercharger time!! I just recieved a Comptech SC and Steve will be installing it next week. Thats another reason to stop by... Jeff

Hello All,

Well, it appears as though the weather gods are smiling on Steve, :smile:as the forecast for the weekend looks PERFECT for this Saturday, Sept 20th.:cool:

Original plan was to meet up somewhere and cruise over to Steve's - HOWEVER - this is also Grille 57 Saturday, so let's all go directly to Steve's at 1pm. Then afterwards we'll drive over to Grille 57 for the cruise night. It's about 10 minutes from Steve's place.

DIRECTIONS to STEVE"S HOUSE..... 3213 Manor Ridge Drive, Raleigh, NC

From the North, East or West - Take 1-40/440 to Exit 297 (Wheeler Road Exit). Take Wheeler Road south until you have passed Wheeler Lake (a couple of miles on your right). After you've passed the entrance to Wheeler Lake look for a LEFT turn onto Manor Ridge Drive. Steve's place is on the right side about 1/4 mile. Look for a house with white columns and two driveways. Pull into the second driveway. If your car is lowered - PULL SLOWLY INTO THE DRIVEWAY!

From the South - Take Hwy 401 towards Garner. Make a Left onto Ten-Ten Road, then take a Right (next traffic light) onto Wheeler Road. Follow for about a mile to a Right onto Manor Ridge Drive. 1/4 mile on the right is Steve's house.

Ben! Hope you can make it. I've been anxious to meet you. I have heard from Tom B. - and he's planning on coming. Last word from Tony was that he wouldn't be coming. Haven't heard from Jeremy?

Steve is planning to have Jeff's (allstar) NSX ready for the final steps in his SC installation on Saturday. See you there.

John

hey Guys, I usually drive from g'boro to Raleigh by taking 220 south to Siler City and pick up 64 east straight in to Raleigh. Much nicer drive than I-40. Jeff

Hello All,
At this point, we are expecting about 14 NSX's to attend on Saturday. The weather appears to be cooperating and will provide us with a near perfect day, partly sunny, mid 70's.

I was over at Steve's last night where he had two Silverstone NSX's side by side, both supercharged - Jeff's 2001 just recently installed by Steve, and a 2005 from an owner in Charlotte who just had the car trailered to Steve to repair a clutch issue that the dealer could not resolve.

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday. If you have any questions or need further directions - call me (919) 760-7492.

I am looking forward to seeing my car that I trailered over to Steve!!!! We plan to make it over but my son may have broken his ankle last night in a soccer match and he is my co-pilot.

Steve,
Hope your son's leg is OK, but if not, does that mean you may need a volunteer to drive either your supercharged NSX or your turbo Porsche back to Davidson????? Don't think that would be too hard to arrange!!! I assume the volunteers will be lining up.

Hope to see you tomorrow.

John

Talking to the wifey as we speak, I may have tanner tommorow so I will have to see if he is up to hanging out with ben and tom again. Will update in a bit.

Jeremy,
Bring Tanner along. He'll have a great time. Steve's son is probably just a little older than Tanner. If you come, you'll be NSX number 15. It's going to be a great day for a drive tomorrow, and if you have the time, join us for a cruise over to the Grille 57 Cruise-In on Hwy 402 in Garner. We'll probably do that about 3:30 - 4:00. Haven't seen you since the Brier Creek meet several months ago.

John

The Triangle Italian Motorsports meet is scheduled for the first Saturday of the month at Brier Creek Mall. Because of the rain that day from the hurricane it was rescheduled for LAST Saturday.

Hope to see you tomorrow at Steve's.

John

Unfortuantely my son is still in too much pain to make the drive over.:frown: We look forward to meeting all at another event soon.

Steve,
We all missed you and your son. Hope he feels better soon. Had a great time, though. I will post some pictures shortly. And we had a tech session by Steve Gooding with your car on the rack in his shop. He shared with us some of the issues he found with your supercharger. Be assured that your car is in good hands with Steve Gooding.

Take care. Look for the photos shortly.

John

had a great time!! great to see you again, john. nice to meet new friends.
wish i could have stayed longer but maybe next time.

todd

Back