• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Steve Gooding

Damn, this is sad and tragic news. My deepest and sincere condolences to Petra and family... no words can address their loss

Pooh, thank you for the post regarding donations to the family.

Our community can certainly honor Steve's dedication and generous spirit with this information.

-

My wife has a suggestion that for future NSXPO tech sessions,
They be dedicated to Steve
They could be called: "The Steve Gooding Memorial Tech Session".

My wife has a suggestion that for future NSXPO tech sessions,
They be dedicated to Steve
They could be called: "The Steve Gooding Memorial Tech Session".

^ I like it!

It's challenging to accept this news as reality. Tough to think the days of sitting in his driveway and shooting the breeze are no more. I am thankful that the greater NSX community got to be graced by his presence at the event and specifically the tech session.

I know he helped out a few folks at expo, the one notable that I remember was Link from Texas came to me at the registration desk and was worried of some strange rattling noise coming from his engine bay, I called Steve over and he dropped everything he was doing and got right out there and troubleshot his issue without hesitation (and found the culprit rather quickly as well!). A perfect display of dedication to the community in the midst of everything else that he had on his plate with that night.

My favorite Steve G troubleshooting memory was after he put my Comptech clutch in, I thought the pedal seemed a little heavy. We corresponded a lot over email (he had a busy work travel schedule), so I had the clutch master/slave replaced at Acura and it didn't resolve the "issue", so as soon as he got home he gave me a call to bring the car over, got in the car and pressed the pedal down a few times and said "look, I can waste your money by swapping your clutch out but I found your problem.... you're being a pussy... this is how it is suppose to feel". I couldn't help but appreciate that amount of honesty on many levels.

For how infinitely valuable he was to the NSX community, I can't begin to comprehend the loss his family must feel as a husband and a father. My heart goes out to them all.

Is there a link or a paypal account we can donate to Steve's family from the left coast?

Steve's wife Petra Gooding does have a PayPal account. i will get that information and post it. Also, if you will PM me I can provide an address for Petra.

Thanks for your concern and generosity. Know that it will be greatly appreciated.

John Komar

The PayPal account for Petra Gooding is "[email protected]". Thank you from all of us who knew and loved Steve. Know that your help will be greatly appreciated.

John Komar

Last edited:
I'm still not over Steve Gooding's passing. He was the only mechanic I have had for my 94 NSX for many years. He was always cheerful and above all always willing to take care of anything my car needed. Calling him the words I always heard were "come on down". His was nearly an omnicient knowledge of the NSX. One morning this past summer I was hearing a noise after starting the car and though Steve was on "the road" driving his rig he told me to try to make the sound happen again but to hold my Cell Phone up so he could hear it. Damn if he didn't know immediately that it was something with the A/C which that weekend he fixed.

Steve was just a Great Guy !! He took care of his wife & kids, he had fun and he was a good friend. I will miss him. With his passing I am at a crossroads about even keeping my wonderful NSX. Driving it now reminds me of all the times I spent talking to him in his garage while he made sure it was in as perfect condition as he knew how to make it. God Speed my Friend !

How awful, My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. Tragic

I read this when it was first posted and was just at a loss for words. I met Steve for the first time in October at NSXPO even though I'd been referring people in the region to him for years based solely on his reputation. He seemed like a great guy, all he was concerned with was helping people with their NSXs and he spent much of his NSXPO doing just that out in the parking lot as a couple cars needed some attention.

Back