• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Steven Seagal training Aikido with Anderson Silva

Sonnen = idiot, and on roids.

I'm not a fan of either fighter- but I am a fan of the fight if you could understand that.

I used to be a Silva fan, but the Demian Maia fight changed all that.

Sonnen is a prick, but he brings a fight

Silva is a champion, but he should be defending a mirror ball instead of a UFC belt for as much as he dances.

P

Generally speaking, you don't wanna mess with any fat ass, in terms of pure strength anyway.

I'm almost 6' weight at 145 lbs, workout daily, maxed out benching at 335 lbs (i.e. 3 plates and a ten on each side), can curl up to 50 lbs on biceps and I'm no match to my 220+ lbs fat ass friend in arm wrestle. Literally KO me within seconds.

There's no replacement for displacement, humans and cars alike. :biggrin:

Fat guys rarely have much agility, and that equates to balance. I don't mind rolling with fatasses because they are incredibly easy to sweep while they wallow around on their base- their top heaviness is just momentum waiting to happen. LoL

Most overweight martial artists are low belts- weight tends to drop off the more you train- I lost nearly 30 lbs as a white belt, and have easily maintained my ideal weight as a blue belt. I walk around at 178, which puts me squarely in my ideal weight class- I don't ever have to cut in order to roll 185.

In the rare event you get someone with experience who is a "fatass" they can be difficult to contend with- especially if they know how to use their weight to their advantage, but as mentioned this is rare, and I'd never avoid it.

P

Steven Segal can be old, fat, slow, or whatever. We all get that way with age.
I am sure at his prime, in his 20's, he would be alot more faster, lean and faster reflexes. Don't discount someone's ability just cuz you saw a snip bit of him on youtube or in movies.

Appreciate him for showing and teaching to those who want to learn or get pointers.

Anywho, Good video. :smile:

Back