• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Stock 05 wheels or upgrade?

Keep or ditch the OEM wheels?

• Total voters
just run no caps :tongue:

How about the Work Emotion CR? They look nice and are a great price.

IMG_3386.JPG]

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1407851
May be a little heavy for what you are looking for.

6214859679_c446cce27d_z.jpg

Go Work Emotion CR Ultimate (Kiwami). It's more like the Emotion CR version 2. It's lighter by about 2 lbs per wheel than the Emotion CR due to the Work Flow Forming process.

CR Kai on left, Ultimate (Kiwami) on the right
kaivskiwami_01(1).jpg

kaivskiwami_02(1).jpg

kaivskiwami_03(1).jpg

he dont like those lol , he only likes rs 2 lol

he dont like those lol , he only likes rs 2 lol

It's not that I don't like the Works, I like them... I just like the RSII the best. It is also the lightest. I am going 17/18 and still taking weight off the car overall, which agrees with my philosophy to never do a mod that takes away from performance.

The vote on the OEM versus advans is almost split... wow...

(this opinion is only look-wise)

I vote for the RS. The OEMs are great looking wheels but I believe they mostly do an incredible job at making the pre 02 NSXs look younger (does that sentence make sense?). For an 02+ NSX, I think the next step forward is the upgrade to the RSs

There is a guy in my area that is selling his 02+ wheels for 4000$ ... He's insane but if he does sell them, maybe you could get more than you initially anticipated for yours

Last edited:
There is a guy in my area that is selling his 02+ wheels for 4000$ ... He's insane but if he does sell them, maybe you could get more than you initially anticipated for yours

Yes I have seen the prices on these creep up slowly although not that high...

I think you can get real NSX-R 02 wheels for that price.

Hi,

def 17/18, but i prefer RS over RSII.... something about how the spoke ends on the rim's edge...the RS makes the wheel seems a lot bigger than it actually is... a 17/18 setup makes you think you are looking into a 18/19 or even 19/20

About the weights... is the RSII lighter than RS with exactly the same wheel specs?

Thanks,
Nuno

Hi,

def 17/18, but i prefer RS over RSII.... something about how the spoke ends on the rim's edge...the RS makes the wheel seems a lot bigger than it actually is... a 17/18 setup makes you think you are looking into a 18/19 or even 19/20

About the weights... is the RSII lighter than RS with exactly the same wheel specs?

Thanks,
Nuno

Nuno RS and RSii have same spoke shape, I don't know how you prefer the old one. Yes it's lighter with the same specs. Grooves are cut on the sides of the spokes.

Hi,

Nuno RS and RSii have same spoke shape, I don't know how you prefer the old one. Yes it's lighter with the same specs. Grooves are cut on the sides of the spokes.

that's weird... it seems the RSII spokes join the rim's lip earlier than RS... it seems that the RS spokes go further out...

EDIT:

did a basic google search and there is a very small difference and the RSII spokes curve inward a little earlier than the RS ones:

wheel_01[1].jpg

7115010373_0d289c5b20_z.jpg

Nuno

Last edited:
Hi,

that's weird... it seems the RSII spokes join the rim's lip earlier than RS... it seems that the RS spokes go further out...

EDIT:

did a basic google search and there is a very small difference and the RSII spokes curve inward a little earlier than the RS ones:

wheel_01[1].jpg

7115010373_0d289c5b20_z.jpg

Nuno

You are right it's slightly different now that I looked closer but they extend just as far. The end of he spoke is slightly different.

Hi,

You are right it's slightly different now that I looked closer but they extend just as far. The end of he spoke is slightly different.

yeah... it seems the RS spokes end curve is more soft and the RSII's spokes end curve is earlier and more pronounced..

Advan RS are my wheels #1 choice for aftermarket wheels for the exact same reasons you mentioned.

I need to look at a set of RSII installed on a NSX, from different angles to know if the little spoke difference changes the overall look of them in the car.

Nuno

Last edited:
I think it adds more concave. The spoke is more curved it seems.

that would be on the center end of the spoke, not the outer...

at least is how i understand "concave", as being a more curved spoke towards the center of the wheel.

ohhhhh.... and whatever you do, keep your OEM wheels :wink: i have a set and i won't sell them for anything..

Nuno

Back