• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

stolen vehicle. keep an eye out!!

keep an eye out for me, folks. someone jackass stole my 20' trailer parked by the rillito wash in tucson, yesterday some time. i had it over there until i could take it down to the barn last night. sooo ... if i don't find it, i'm out $5000. :(

plate number is P-19674.

here's a pic:
trailer.jpg

i wasn't planning on placing since i was competing against professionals, but it was nice to show off my hard work. :)

unfortunately, i had a really crappy booth and place in the show, and didn't have any lights to show off the car so it could have been better. and, although off topic, here's what my trailer used to transport. i was fortunate that i did decide to unload the trailer the night before instead of leaving it inside when the trailer was stolen. i did, however, lose all my display stuff since it was all stowed in the trailer.

hin1.jpg

hin2.jpg

hin3.jpg

hin4.jpg

hin5.jpg

hin6.jpg

hin7.jpg

Hey Tanner!

I will definitely keep my eyes open for your trailer. That really sucks, but at least your baby was not inside. :eek:

I know this is off topic from the thread, but are you going to the Science of Speed open house?

TucAZNSX said:
Hey Tanner!

I will definitely keep my eyes open for your trailer. That really sucks, but at least your baby was not inside. :eek:

I know this is off topic from the thread, but are you going to the Science of Speed open house?

as much as i'd like to, i don't think i'll be able. money is super tight right now, and gas ain't cheap. have a good time, and let's cross our fingers that my trailer will turn up. cuz this really sucks!

news on the trailer front...

there's been a string of about 8 robberies where some thieves in tucson go into new subdivisions, enter a house, and steal all the appliances. it's my trailer they load up in the robbery, and the officer believes they rob a site, then drive to cali to sell the stuff. so, keep an eye out when you're on the interstate. and it's believed it's being hauled by a white dakota.

look above to see a pic of the trailer and the plate number P19674. if you see it, call 911 ASAP. the investigating officer is russ kingery for the pima county sheriff's office.

Gave the photo and info to my parents who live down in Green Valley. They said they would rally the geriatrics to keep an eye out.

Good Luck.

PM sent

well, good news. the cops called me yesterday and told me they found my trailer. i haven't had a chance to talk to them yet to see if they found the f***ers, but i will soon to see if i can recoup the money i lost from them cutting my latches to get inside the trailer.

more good news. if i didn't know better (and if the latches weren't hacked), you'd never be able to tell anyone took it. i still need to get all my show stuff that i had stowed in there back from the pima county sheriffs, but i'm already locked on for getting some nice reinforced latches installed from my body shop. this won't happen again!

wortham said:
well, good news. the cops called me yesterday and told me they found my trailer. i haven't had a chance to talk to them yet to see if they found the f***ers, but i will soon to see if i can recoup the money i lost from them cutting my latches to get inside the trailer.

more good news. if i didn't know better (and if the latches weren't hacked), you'd never be able to tell anyone took it. i still need to get all my show stuff that i had stowed in there back from the pima county sheriffs, but i'm already locked on for getting some nice reinforced latches installed from my body shop. this won't happen again!

Be careful about making the locks too good. Trailers are built pretty flimsy in the first place. If it is too hard to get in your door, at some point somebody will just decide to go through the wall. Sad but true.;

lol dude, i did have a ball lock on there, and my lock is for a 2 5/16" coupler. they recovered that when they got the trailer and they didn't have much of an issue it seems in getting that off. they forced the locking mechanism all the way back so it could be removed.

Back