• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Stoptech Brakes, NSX Trophy Brake System

If you click on the thumbnail, it does say synth19.com on every picture.

Will these fit with the 18/19" volk gt-v's you sell on your site without the need for spacers? Let me know thanks

GTV's are discontinued now IIRC. They will fit with a 5mm spacer in the front. I didn't test the rear though.

yea i have gt-v's on my car... was just wondering if these would fit... I had the 5mm spacer on the fronts but the tires scrub the fender liner when I hit bumps unless i raise the car up with the spacer installed.

yea i have gt-v's on my car... was just wondering if these would fit... I had the 5mm spacer on the fronts but the tires scrub the fender liner when I hit bumps unless i raise the car up with the spacer installed.

You could run more neg camber up front, thinner tires, and it will probably work with a 5mm spacer. But really, the spoke design limits BBK's on this wheel. GTV's are not the most ideal for this.

Got a unexpected surprise yesterday... 5 boxes right in front of my garage! Thanks SOS for arranging this. Killer deal for brakes!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

Has anyone tried to take these new rear stoptech e-brakes off?

After removing the bolts the unit is still held in place by the ridges around the bolt tubes. the brakes pads are ratcheted up close to the disc and can't be retracted. The Stoptech ST-10 manual describes how to retract the pads, but it assumes the whole e-brake is already off the car !?

Any suggestions appreciated

Has anyone tried to take these new rear stoptech e-brakes off?

After removing the bolts the unit is still held in place by the ridges around the bolt tubes. the brakes pads are ratcheted up close to the disc and can't be retracted. The Stoptech ST-10 manual describes how to retract the pads, but it assumes the whole e-brake is already off the car !?

Any suggestions appreciated

Did you use a set of shims included with the kit. I used about 3mm worth of shims and was able to remove the parking brake 2-3 times with success.

R12.jpg

On a separate note, I created a DIY for a stoptech install here:

http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1450001#post1450001

Well I figured out recently I can get them off by pushing the black tube back, then caliper comes off OK.

I'm not sure that's what the shims are meant for ... installation looks wrong in that photo. Is the bolt done up ?

Back