• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Strange things happening after the CT Engineering's supercharger install

So for some strange reason my NSX that I have owned for 7 plus years has been acting up…

After I have ran the car or even if it is sitting in the garage and has not been touched for days the fan behind the radiator will turn on and once in awhile the blower motor for the heat/AC will turn on as.

The key has to be out of the ignition for this to happen and it does not matter if when the car was turned off if climate control was on or off
There are no codes coming up, no check engine light, the car runs great, real great. This is a big BIMA as I have to disconnect the battery after driving the car as it will run the battery down to nothing

The car has simple mods done to it besides the supercharger (i.e., exhaust, headers, cold air intake, brakes, and suspension). There is no aftermarket stereo system and it does have a viper alarm that has been on the car for the last 7 years.

I have no idea why this is happening and have asked several people that are very familiar with the NSX. They look at me like I am crazy until the see/hear it happening.

The first time my NSX did this I really thought someone had taken my car for a drive and beat the shit out of it and put it back in the garage as I heard the fans kick on while I was in my house and went down to see what the hell was happening.

My NSX did this the second day I had it back from the supercharger install and I had not had any issues for a month or so and it started back up. Now I have to leave the negative battery terminal unplugged after ever drive.

Soooooooo I am asking for suggestions on what to do I will call CT Engineering today to see if they have ever heard of such a thing.

This would be a great story for a ghost hunter book..

I would say you have a shorted circuited somewhere.

I would look in the wiring diagram to see what circuit and what fuses, relays, and/or switches the cooling fan and heater motor are on.

Then when the event is actually happening, Start pulling fuses until the fans stop. Once you find the fuse, put it back in and verify to that the fans are on again. If it turns out to be a fuse, look up the to see what that fuse powers and look to see if the wiring for 2 ever get close to each other or share a common device.

Or

when the fan is running, disconnect your alarm. To see if that is the cause of your problem.

I have a similar ghost hunter story :eek::wink:

After my CTSC, and while the car has been sitting in the garage for hours (even overnight), I hear occasional low burping noise around the air box area. When this happens it tends to be predicatbly about evry 60-90 seconds and then it stops. Have neve been able to pin it down as to why - ie, whether after a spirited drive or just regular drive the day before.

I am suspecting its the Dali overflow water bottle burping.

Whenever something like this happens it's usually due to a bad/loose ground somewhere. I once had some electrical gremilins that were crazy. It ended up being the main ground connections under the front hood on the passenger side were loose. It was so bad that the wipers would come on when I made a left turn. After cleaning and tightening the two ground cables I've had no problems since, and that was eight years ago.

This would be the first and easiest thing to check.

hrant,
mine (w/ctsc) does this as well. kinda sounds like a soft cow moan every 60-90 seconds. can go on for quite some time. i don't think it is the coolant bootle (i have dali as well) but it did it with the stock one. I think it is pressure from the gas tank bleeding off extra pressure or something with the bypass hose with the ctsc but i really don't know for sure, else i would have fixed it.

i am having the same problem as the above. anyone with any ideas please feel free to share

I have a similar ghost hunter story :eek::wink:

After my CTSC, and while the car has been sitting in the garage for hours (even overnight), I hear occasional low burping noise around the air box area. When this happens it tends to be predicatbly about evry 60-90 seconds and then it stops. Have neve been able to pin it down as to why - ie, whether after a spirited drive or just regular drive the day before.

I am suspecting its the Dali overflow water bottle burping.

hrant,
mine (w/ctsc) does this as well. kinda sounds like a soft cow moan every 60-90 seconds. can go on for quite some time. i don't think it is the coolant bootle (i have dali as well) but it did it with the stock one. I think it is pressure from the gas tank bleeding off extra pressure or something with the bypass hose with the ctsc but i really don't know for sure, else i would have fixed it.

Most likely what you hear is the evaporative emissions control stuff (valve). Has to do with regulating the pressure in the fuel tank. Normal...and not related to the OP's (likely electrical) problem.

So for some strange reason my NSX that I have owned for 7 plus years has been acting up…

After I have ran the car or even if it is sitting in the garage and has not been touched for days the fan behind the radiator will turn on and once in awhile the blower motor for the heat/AC will turn on as.

The key has to be out of the ignition for this to happen and it does not matter if when the car was turned off if climate control was on or off
There are no codes coming up, no check engine light, the car runs great, real great. This is a big BIMA as I have to disconnect the battery after driving the car as it will run the battery down to nothing

The car has simple mods done to it besides the supercharger (i.e., exhaust, headers, cold air intake, brakes, and suspension). There is no aftermarket stereo system and it does have a viper alarm that has been on the car for the last 7 years.

I have no idea why this is happening and have asked several people that are very familiar with the NSX. They look at me like I am crazy until the see/hear it happening.

The first time my NSX did this I really thought someone had taken my car for a drive and beat the shit out of it and put it back in the garage as I heard the fans kick on while I was in my house and went down to see what the hell was happening.

My NSX did this the second day I had it back from the supercharger install and I had not had any issues for a month or so and it started back up. Now I have to leave the negative battery terminal unplugged after ever drive.

Soooooooo I am asking for suggestions on what to do I will call CT Engineering today to see if they have ever heard of such a thing.

my nsx appeared to fix itself yesterday... the ac blower and radiator fan did not turn on when the cars ignition was in the off position! i was feeling great and happy but then i got the car washed and the problem came back.

im pretty confident that the water or moisture somewhere on the car is causing the issue. i had washed the car the first time it started doing it too! it just didnt occur to me as a coincidence until today that it is only right after a car wash does the nsx act up.

will have a friends friend look at the car over the next few days to see if there is some lose wires somewhere getting wet and shorting out. hopefully it can be located and we can get this issue resolved.

I've been through this before but you aren't going to like the answer. You basically have to start from the source and work your way down. Start by getting your climate control unit fixed by BrianK. Then check all of your fuses (ALL of them even those not related to the fans). Check your ignition switch. Then you have to trace every single wire back from the CCU to the fuse to the unit. In the end we found that one of the fan wires had been rubbed raw and the bare copper touched another wire causing the fan to run. It was a tremendous PITA tracking all that down.

FML
My gremlin is back 4 years later. Oddly enough I replaced the battery years back and all has been well. Recently I took the car down to VIR for the WERA Endruance Round (about 4.5 hrs one way) and all was well. The next day I am out to lunch with it and had the climate control set to AUTO on both dials and when I shut the car off... the fan started running. BrianK has worked his magic with my system last year (great work by the way).

Back to the drawing board to track it down. In the mean time I carry a 10 mm wrench with me to disconnect the battery or I have to carry my jump box. Embarrassing... yes it is. Yesterday I received a jump from an intern in a Toyota Corolla. She said nice car I was thinking at the time I would just toss a lit flare in that ------ ------.

LMAO

the fan started running.
Which one, coolant radiator or A/C?

Not sure if I can help. Maybe the fan's relay simply closes the circuit by mistake or something around it makes it close.

Last edited:
I have seen just the radiator fan on and also just the fan for the AC/heat on.

Ben at Daisy gave me some part #s to try out.

I'm having similar issue with this. Any solution? Rad fan turning on and off by itself after a couple hrs cruise. Ccu blasting full air without key in the ignition. To make ccu stop. Car need to be turn on, turn a.c. on. Turn a.c. off. Turn car off. Then ccu doesn't stay on. Seeking advice from B rianK atm. Hope to find solution.

Edit:
I found this thread and decided to look into the fan relay. Mine were laying under the alternator.. took it apart and there were lots of moisture inside and very very dirty. Dirt and grime coated the copper.. i took some electrical cleaner and hose it down as much as possible. Took q-tip and gently rub off as much of the brown coating as it allow. Put it back.. mount the relay onto the frame.. so far so good. I have the low boost supercharger installed so no engine compartment stock cooling fan there. Mount the relay where the stock fan mounting hole is at.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...-is-turned-OFF?highlight=radiator+fan+turn+on

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...s-in-the-engine-bay?highlight=ac+blower+relay

Looking for that relay part number if anyone know it. Advance auto part is ordering one for me but would like oem if possible.

Last edited:
Back