• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Street Racing

beating-a-dead-horse.gif

Armando

Someone must have gave him CPR.

When is this video going to show???

For all the preachers, if you don't like street racing don't read the thread titled "street racing"

Don't hijack this thread no one wants to read all the crap and get to the end and then find out theres no video, no race... no results.

Start your own thread and title it whatever you want... It's your opinion voice it in your own way for people to discuss their opinions on too. But please do it in a new topic, so that everytime I click on a "I raced xxxxx, or I beat xxxxxx. I don't have to read all the unrelevant preaching to find out what happened.

So back to the topic, when are you racing this SL?

Make up your own thread you wannabe ordained ministers.

Or you can always pray to Baby Jesus. He helped Ricky Bobby

My $.02 on "street racing"

1. We are arguing (as others have noted) over something that isn't well defined. Is "street racing" two riceboy jerkoffs speeding through school zones weaving around traffic? (that's what I *think of* when someone says street racing). Or is it relatively responsible people letting their fast cars stretch their legs in open/safe environments? Point is... you can't debate a topic that doesn't have a consistent meaning.

2. The so-called "holier-than-thou" group has nothing but the best intentions. "The Streets" should be as safe as possible, which means eliminating (the undefined) street racing. No problem there, we all want that.

But, the real problem, which in some way relates to many of the "cops tazed me" threads, is that some groups don't believe that other groups are capable of making decisions and bearing consequences. Those folks, or should I say, "the public" need other smart people or the government to take clear-cut, black/white positions -- because they know better and you're too stupid to decide for yourself.

So, for the issue of two fast cars racing on deserted public streets -- some people don't think you or I are capable of deciding what "safe" is and therefore, an extreme position must be taken. That is, don't do it, ever, 100% of the time, always terrible.

I s'pose if there world were black and white (not the law mind you, which is in these cases), then this wouldn't be a debate. However, I know when the world is gray and I generally trust that others do as well. So stop the f*ing preaching.

Thankyou Ski banker and Whatwasthat for your support.
I admit, I am still new to this forum and I am doing my best not to piss anyone off. If I knew that this topic was going to generate this much comotion, believe you me I would have never posted it.
I want to start by saying, I am not some little kid, I know my responsibilities. I know when to say when. when I should drink and not drink, when use my cell phone while driving. People dont just die from car wrecks. You can have accidents at home, work, or at the park. It is up to us to make the better judgement.
Now back to my thread. I know it has been a while and the race is overdue. our scheduleing has been really off this month. Especialy dury this time of the year. I promise I will post a good race, or post my car blowing up racing.
Nook. :cool:

wanted to let you all know that we race the SL 600 tonight video is coming silver nsx is trying to put it on line as soon as he can. what you guys think happen we lost or won.I figured one more day of suspence wouldn't hurt.

Ok.
sorry for the long delay. Due to bad timing, this was all I could do from such short notice.
last minute thing so please, bare the video footage.
Also, I didn't realize the camera could not see through the window. it picked up glare from my window as I rolled it up. This run was from a 20mph roll. 7lb first gear traction limited. 2nd gear 9lb.. traction limited but, grab for the most. 3r gear? you know the out come.
we also did a 50mph roll. which I will post later.
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2ZNsvDgTBNE&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2ZNsvDgTBNE&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

It looked like he pulled....and then you pulled...but once the window went up, I couldn't really tell.
What happened?

ill tell you what happened.
we started from a 20 mph roll we were in first he was on auto. as you see we started to pull and spun as i shifted into 2nd he got 2 car lenghs on us second spinned just a little but one we hit 3rd we pased him and pulled 3 cars at the top of third shifted in to 4th and may be got onother car its kind of hard to tell we were on front. :biggrin:

Someone must have gave him CPR.

When is this video going to show???

For all the preachers, if you don't like street racing don't read the thread titled "street racing"

Don't hijack this thread no one wants to read all the crap and get to the end and then find out theres no video, no race... no results.

Start your own thread and title it whatever you want... It's your opinion voice it in your own way for people to discuss their opinions on too. But please do it in a new topic, so that everytime I click on a "I raced xxxxx, or I beat xxxxxx. I don't have to read all the unrelevant preaching to find out what happened.

So back to the topic, when are you racing this SL?

Make up your own thread you wannabe ordained ministers.

Or you can always pray to Baby Jesus. He helped Ricky Bobby

Baby Jesus did not help the Prime member's son who was killed shortly before Christmas by illegal street racers. All the immature juvenile rationalizations in the world cannot justify the deaths of innocent people due to illegal street racing.

I have always said, like stuntman, "Take it to the track". Please, for the sake of others.

Last edited:
My $.02 on "street racing"

1. We are arguing (as others have noted) over something that isn't well defined. Is "street racing" two riceboy jerkoffs speeding through school zones weaving around traffic? (that's what I *think of* when someone says street racing). Or is it relatively responsible people letting their fast cars stretch their legs in open/safe environments? Point is... you can't debate a topic that doesn't have a consistent meaning.

2. The so-called "holier-than-thou" group has nothing but the best intentions. "The Streets" should be as safe as possible, which means eliminating (the undefined) street racing. No problem there, we all want that.

But, the real problem, which in some way relates to many of the "cops tazed me" threads, is that some groups don't believe that other groups are capable of making decisions and bearing consequences. Those folks, or should I say, "the public" need other smart people or the government to take clear-cut, black/white positions -- because they know better and you're too stupid to decide for yourself.

So, for the issue of two fast cars racing on deserted public streets -- some people don't think you or I are capable of deciding what "safe" is and therefore, an extreme position must be taken. That is, don't do it, ever, 100% of the time, always terrible.

I s'pose if there world were black and white (not the law mind you, which is in these cases), then this wouldn't be a debate. However, I know when the world is gray and I generally trust that others do as well. So stop the f*ing preaching.

I could not have put it in better words.

Cheers,

AR

listen guys yeah we heard about the the accident i read the newspaper article. that guy was a dick even his own principal from his highschool had nothing nice to say about him. Yeah we all now theres a different ways of looking at life different. but a great old man told me that now a days if you have children all you can do is give then a kiss and give them your blessing send them out into the world and hope that they come back home that day. so with that note please just lay off the street racing crap. if you must know we did all this in a closed road d.o.t had the road closed for a few hours while they were repairing the road and we new the guys and they let us run on the highway. and that its that. :cool:

listen guys yeah we heard about the the accident i read the newspaper article. that guy was a dick even his own principal from his highschool had nothing nice to say about him. Yeah we all now theres a different ways of looking at life different. but a great old man told me that now a days if you have children all you can do is give then a kiss and give them your blessing send them out into the world and hope that they come back home that day. so with that note please just lay off the street racing crap. if you must know we did all this in a closed road d.o.t had the road closed for a few hours while they were repairing the road and we new the guys and they let us run on the highway. and that its that. :cool:

by the way did you look at the video yes or no ( dont lie to jesus)

listen guys yeah we heard about the the accident i read the newspaper article. that guy was a dick even his own principal from his highschool had nothing nice to say about him... :cool:

YOU SIR ARE THE DICK!!!! IF YOU CAN'T READ HERE IS AN EXCERPT:

"...It sounds like our Justin Lawson," said Thomas Sawyer, principal of Eau Gallie High School.

According to Sawyer, Lawson graduated from the school in 2006 and found a niche for himself working in marine mechanics. "I have nothing but positive things to say about him..."

He wasn't a dick like you claim, but you're not much smarter than him obviosuly. I'm not defending the kid who killed Rob, but you are an a$$hole. Hopefully your parents won't get a call by the highway patrol one night.

the guy i mean was the kid driving the other vehicle not the nsx guy. my apolagies if you guys think it was him.

the guy i mean was the kid driving the other vehicle not the nsx guy.

Yeah, unfortunately for you the principal "Had nothing BUT positive....."

That means that the principal thought that the kid who killed two people was a good person. You need to take an english comprehension course and think about the meaning of my signature line.

I see this thread is shifting the other way again.
anyhow. No-one wants or wishes harm to other people.
it is inhumane.
There are worst crimes out there. I am willing to bet that
there are more deaths from drinking and driving than street racing.
If you have ever speed, went over the speed limit, ran a stop sign,
you are being a hypercrit.

We went on a closed road, after construction hours.
Please spare your holyness on us. Let the man up stairs judge me for my actions, for He gives me the air I breath.

Back to My thread. I have been waiting for this. This is a 50mph roll..
again. this was a last minute thing. so bare the video.. but, the SL600 got owned..
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2O8Io_tfGKA&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2O8Io_tfGKA&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Glad you had fun.Glad you think you were safe and no one else could be harmed.My response to your retort of answering to God for your actions ,and he gives you the air to breath stuff; well you may want to log on to God's street racing site and post up Your video_On this worldly plain it shows nothing other than a reflection back into the cockpit.:wink:

Doc's Signature: RIP: Honda/Acura NSX (1991-2005)

I assume "RIP" means Rev In Perpetuity. :smile:

Street racing is ghey. Especially drag racing. Why else is it named for guys that like to dress in women's clothing.

Uh errrr.... ummmmm..... never mind. :biggrin:

you know, I have been members in a few Forums. The problem with this Forum is, Some of members here dont know when and where to put their 2cents in. They dont know the meaning of Respect for others. May our actions be wrong or right, rightous or stupid, We did no harm to you. Just because other members here dont like what they like, ( don't follow in their lifesyle ) They throw in their opinion. I graduated form Elementry School decades ago and believed that I left the name calling and sarcasm behind. You may like apples and I may like oranges, comon guys really. It is your fantsy. I am not a bad guy I dont believe. Let me enjoy my life the way I want, be it wrong or right.
I know a few members here personally. I also welcome anyone who wants to come down to Savannah to just simply hang out, talk about girls and cars.
This Forum is about cars. NSX. There was no regulations about posting street racing here I believe. Just Spamming.

Anyhow. The next contender will be a 2006 Dodge Viper Supercharged with Methonal injection. claimmed power is 760rwhp. & 800lb of tourge.
This video I promise will be better. I dont believe I will beat him, but he called me out . again this is just for the sport of it ( in my opinion ) so who cares

Back