• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

stupid timing belt

My old man is a television repair man, he has the ultimate set of tools. I can fix it.

Seriously though, I consider my self pretty mechanically inclined. You guys have said that if you have done belts before, it is a "breeze". I have done clutch, timing belt, tranny work on all my other (cheaper) hondas, but I just am too afraid to open the big boy up.

The first time doing a timing belt on my other hondas was very intimidating. You guys that state you have never worked on cars and tackle a timing belt on the NSX, I bow down to you.

When I had my suspension done by Darin at West End, I asked him if that was similiar to my honda civic, and he said it is just a different ballgame here. He said that was very difficult for him. That scared me right there that the suspension was difficult. I could only imagine how much harder the timing belt would be.

I really do think it is just the value that is scaring me. All hondas are the same right? :rolleyes:

It is a mechanical device, designed by engineers and assembled by technicians and they are all just people; many a DIY has been there before and they are glad to lend you the benefit of their experience. :biggrin:

Back