• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Subwoofer and Wire Run

I'm wondering if there are any special procedures to remove
the front stock subwoofer under the pax floor panel or if
it's pretty straight forward.

Also, where and is the best place to run speaker wires
through from the trunk (where my amp is) to the front
floor area? Thanks.

Removing the floor speaker should be pretty obvious once you get into it - pull back the carpet & you will see an aluminum kickplate - remove that & you'll see the "sub" under there - remove screws securing it in place & withdraw the entire box assembly (it has a couple of connectors that are simply unplugged).
You can run wires from either side of the firewall - I chose to run on the pass side - you will find a grommet in the top corner from the trunk to the engine bay and then can run the wires around the top right side of the engine bay, where you will find another grommet on the firewall into the car, above left of the ECU as you look from inside the car; then run it down into the centre console and on through to the front dash area. Note you will also have to run the RCA wires back to the amp in the opposite direction.
I assume you have a sub box? Can I ask where you got it from, or are you going to make your own?

Back