• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Suede interior

NA1 Type R

attachment.php

I'm planning on doing that to my car some times next year. I'm going to use the black suede Recaro fabric found on the NA1 Type R seat.

Vance make sure you don't park that thing in the sun most of the time cause it'll damage the suede. i looked into getting suede seats, but that came out of the question when i figured oem upgraded leather would do just fine.

I am getting it down right now, the dash with red stitching, the head liner & both the A & B pillars. I have decided not to do the two door panel since I thought it might b too much but wanted to c if suede and leather combination would work. I also changed the steering wheel to a sparco suede and I know that will wear out quick in time, but I love the look and feel of it on the track with my gloves on. That i am ready to change anytime it needs.

Peter:biggrin:

Peter, if you're going to do the dash, you should do the door panels too because it will flow better.

and Ron, it is the Recaro fabric, it wouldn't fade as fast as suede leather. It is the good alcantera fabric.:wink: Just the fabric along is going to be about $1500 bucks!!!

I do agreed, but I might upgrade the two side panel to a full carbon fibre later.
I can alway have it suede later. The dash is the hardest part to do. Imagine all this started with me wanting to update my sound system from cd to 7" screen with navigation and ipod. It never ends this modding.

Peter:biggrin:

Peter, if you're going to do the dash, you should do the door panels too because it will flow better.

and Ron, it is the Recaro fabric, it wouldn't fade as fast as suede leather. It is the good alcantera fabric.:wink: Just the fabric along is going to be about $1500 bucks!!!

looking at NA1-R interior shots make me want to do this, but my main concearn was precisely the sun resistance of the suede.... it is a expensive mod to see it begin to wrinkle and crack from sun exposure...

by this, are you absolute solid that the recaro fabric resist well to the sun?? if i ever did that to my dash, i would tint my windshield aswell as other windows.

last but not least.... how the hell can you get some Recaro fabric!?!?!? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

the fabic without a doubt will turn blue in the sun. Common problem with Type R rear seats. Thats why I got the red ones in my car :biggrin:

I'm pretty sure these were all done by KANE (Ravi) at umbrelladesigns. He is seriously one of my heros. His personal taste, the fit and finish, and all of his cars come out impeccable. I can't wait for his most recent SuperGt widebody to be finished. Check out these interiors!!

F1-4.jpg

DSCN0818.jpg

DSCN1264.jpg

F1-5-2.jpg

F1-6-1.jpg

F1-10.jpg

F1-7.jpg

F1-8.jpg

F1-9.jpg

Last edited:
for those who are worried about sun damage, you can always put formulaone 50 pinnacle series ceramic tint on the front windshield. seen it on some cars and doesn't look too bad. plus it lowers heat by almost 50%. i have it currently on my windows and rear glass. summers are a lot cooler now :biggrin:.

Hey VRooM care to comment :biggrin:.

the post with the pics of the black interior suede looks hella expensive. BE CAREFUL THOUGH, any type of spill (soda, juice, etc) will cause a big headache.

and vance, let me know when you're in the process to get it done or is it still up in the air? i'd like to see an nsx with suede interior in person... i still prefer the 02+ oem nsx interior (black). :biggrin:

Not all suede is the same. The Alcantara from Toray is still the best out there. It has the best UV stability and tightness of pile. I am a Toray dealer if anyone is looking for material.

I am in the process of doing my interior as well. With a few custom twists. :wink:

PM me if you are looking for Alacantara.

Jeff

Peter, you are a madman! I can't wait to see the results. I think Bash (gray/silver Comptech widebody guy in GTA) has a suede interior as well and it was done in Toronto. I'd love to dig into my interior one day but I think I'll just take a breather next year and enjoy my car for a little while. Whats going on with the engine? :biggrin:

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure these were all done by KANE (Ravi) at umbrelladesigns. He is seriously one of my heros. His personal taste, the fit and finish, and all of his cars come out impeccable. I can't wait for his most recent SuperGt widebody to be finished. Check out these interiors!!

F1-4.jpg

DSCN0818.jpg

DSCN1264.jpg

F1-5-2.jpg

F1-6-1.jpg

F1-10.jpg

F1-7.jpg

F1-8.jpg

F1-9.jpg

Hi thanks for the compliments. Yes these interiors By Umbrella Auto Design.

Rav

Not all suede is the same. The Alcantara from Toray is still the best out there. It has the best UV stability and tightness of pile. I am a Toray dealer if anyone is looking for material.

I am in the process of doing my interior as well. With a few custom twists. :wink:

PM me if you are looking for Alacantara.

Jeff

Hi Jeff............I like to have Suede on my 2 racing seats. How much will they cost me?

PM sent.

Ravi is the guru for these interiors. If anyone is looking for a turn key interior he's the man to talk to.

As for material, Toray is going to be discontinuing the US distribution of Alcantara. Actually they have already. It will only be available as OEM on the Italian sports cars. I have a limited supply of this material left in various colors. I will offer special prices for NSX Prime members until it is gone.

Jeff thanks for the compliment:smile:

As for the wear characteristics of alcantara which is a brand of synthetic suede, I feel Alcantara brand is the best most durable example available. It does have UV inhibitors present however when umbrella auto design does an interior it gets sealed with microguard fabric sealant also, this increases the durability and uv resistance by 300%.

Still you must be careful with these types of fabrics, the off brand stuff like sen suede etc will fade almost immediately if left in the sunlight.

I have a feeling this thread is leaning toward the vendor section again so I am going to stop posting before I get in trouble for posting in the wrong section:smile:

Rav

Back